Post party Chat (including Tatjana appreciation)

Here’s the Bethan Gwanas article…

5 Likes

Bethan Gwanas appearing in a coffin near you if you can get BBC… my S4C player app is being stored on iClod for the moment or I’d find a link for those living beyond BBC’s sway…

Dim Byd, Cyfres 5: Pennod 6: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p02mlq09 via @bbciplayer

Sort of connected to the party -
Remembering Owen Shiers, who sang and taught us about old folk songs -

Last night, Ty Tawe (Swansea) held a great folk night featuring Gwilym Bowen Rhys. One of the songs that he sung was in Wenglish about a person being conned by a fake widow with a dummy baby on a train near Llandysul (I think). Wasn’t that one of the ones that Owen Shiers did?

3 Likes

Yes! Not sure if you heard but one of the best bits of the bootcamp after the party was having a spontaneous private gig from Gwylim Bowen Rhys and Elidyr Gwyn in the Caernarfon yacht club on the Friday night. He played that song there - I haven’t been able to find a recording or video of it online …

3 Likes

Hi Kate.
You might know he has a website with his music for sale. He forgot to bring CDs to sell.

If you search on his name followed by Ty Tawe 2019, you should get a Utube video. With me blocking the view in the 2nd half.

2 Likes