Clwb Cardiau Post Cymraeg

Yes, the front of the postcards is an image of the back of an italian postcard from the 1930s. I hope the Royal mail can cope, and that they don’t arrive (with additional postage due) outside a long-demolished building in Italy. :wink:

1 Like

Hopefully they understand front from back thanks to the Royal Mail stamp? :roll_eyes:

However I guess they should also go back in time to deliver it, cause “Podestà” was a Mussolini era name (instead of Sindaco/Mayor) - that is the 30s in fact!

Ga i rhoi y llun ar tudalen facebook @carin-harris @BronwenLewis?

1 Like

If @carin-harris is OK with it, fine by me!

2 Likes

Wrth gwrs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like that idea - I’ve scanned in some quick watercolours I’ve done of my area, then printed them out on iron on t shirt transfer paper so they are waterproof and made postcards of some of those. Sent 6 off randomly now. Hope people aren’t disappointed.

3 Likes

Diolch Tina…
Your Welsh is rather impressive for Level 1…

1 Like

This is getting to be quite creative. Amazing

1 Like

In Caernarfon, the Welsh Shop (well, Scottish, actually :grin:) has nice postcards at a reasonable price. And nice for a chat.

1 Like

I got my very first postcard today from Aled. Diolch yn fawr iawn!

1 Like

When this box was made, on Saturday mail left even later than on weekdays.
@nia.llywelyn, how come that now in a box on a rock in the middle of Wales they collect post more often than in a city of almost 1 million people over here? :thinking:

2 Likes

Dau arall yn barod i fynd! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thak you for my cards @Nia, @Oddsandgirl, and @Rolant from Barry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve made some up at home too using some of my photos. I was thinking of getting some printed online, but have printed out at home in the 1st instance to see how they look in the flesh. Quite pleased, although my printer couldbe better! Thanks to @Nia for helping me with spellings.

POSTCARD%20TEMPLATE%20A6%20style%20A1|690x489

9 Likes

They are gorgeous @carin-harris​:heart::postbox::black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿:love_letter:
Can I post one on the page? Since the last one is a picture of a wet postcard

2 Likes

The post box in a rock is not Cwmllinau @gisella-albertini :smile:
It was taken by Fiona Dix #15

2 Likes

@nia.llywelyn, ar ddydd Llun a ddydd Gwener mae Sam yn gallu mynd i mewn yr Ardd Fotaneg!

a Clare 21, dioch am dy gerdyn hefyd.

1 Like

More on their way…

4 Likes

Helo @carin-harris
those postcards are gorgeous! I love the variety of impressions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Love your photos!

1 Like