SSi Forum

Practice Welsh in Leicestershire

Hi Linda, yes please come along. The meetups have been roughly once a month so far, and one of us will post the next date after the forthcoming meeting

I’m so excited to meet local Welsh learners! It’s quite lonely on your own.

This still on? If so, I’m in!

Hi Santiago, a few people are away on holiday this month but I will be there. Anyone else coming along?

I’ll be there should it be on? :slight_smile:

Well I’m upstairs in the cafe already so hopefully, otherwise I’ll be talking to myself! :laughing:

I’ll be ten minutes

With it being holiday season and not everybody being able to make it, this week was a smaller affair. But numbers aren’t everything and it was great to meet @santiago_mauricio, who having completed SSiW, conversed for the first time in Cymraeg - and excellent he was too! :slight_smile:

There was the suggestion that we meet a little more often, too. Every two weeks? Twice a month? (I’m sure @charlie-o will correct me on that one :slight_smile: ), with the next meetup scheduled for Wednesday 4th September at 18:30 at the Bru Cafe on Granby Street.

Sounds good to me mate

Just checking before setting out. Is this evenings meetup still on? :slight_smile:

I’m just about to leave

Super, see you in a bit :slight_smile:

A bit late but almost there

Is there a date for the next meeting?

Apologies for the late post; next meeting is on Wednesday 18th September, at 18:30 at the Bru Cafe on Granby Street.

Charlie-o, wonder if any of you Leicester SSIW would be interested in the Derby Welsh Learner Circle monthly Welsh Language workshops? We are about 15 - 20 in number, in 3 groups, beginners, intermediates and fluent/1st language. We meet at the Derby Friends Meeting house, monthly on a Saturday morning . See www.derbywelshlearnerscircle.blogspot.com Also on Sat 19th October we are holding our annual One day Welsh School, which has classes at 3 levels, (Beginner, intermediate and advanced), a Welsh bookstall with Gwyn from bookshop Awen Meirion in Bala. The booking form is downloadable from the DWLC website above.

I’m afraid I’m liable to miss todays meetup as I’m still at work in the depths of Nottinghamshire :frowning:
Hope it goes well and see you all next week :slight_smile:

Hello all, next meeting; Wednesday 2nd October, 18:30 at the Bru Cafe on Granby Street

Hi Jonathan, you might have realised but I’m a regular at the Derby meetings already! To everyone else, if you fancy a bit more practice or have queries for a qualified Welsh teacher, the Derby Welsh Learners Circle is good fun and a valuable resource

Hi all, due to work commitments I may be late/unable to attend tonight (hopefully neither), this may be the case for the next few Wednesdays. Can someone else please post the meeting dates you agree on this forum? Cheers