Practice Welsh in Leicestershire

In Leicester we usually get together at 6.30. In Sileby we’re getting together at 10am. When more people are able to meet in Leicester we resume that meet up.

1 Like

Derby Welsh Learners Circle are meeting at the Friends Meeting House, St Helens Street Derby on Saturday 11th January. Any learners from Leicester are welcome to join us.See www.derbywelshlearnerscircle.blogspot.com

Hi all. Apologies I haven’t been able to attend for some time due to work reasons. It seems like things have been a bit quiet lately, do people want to reschedule for a more suitable time? Personally I can do any evening mon-tues and I can do weds-thurs on alternate weeks. E.g. i can’t do 22nd/23rd jan but can do 29th/30th. Completely understand if people are too busy. Diolch!

@Linda @santiago_mauricio @dannywithington @janethowe @DiMatthews

I can do any evening if I am around

Is the Leicester group still up and running?

Just wanting to make sure I include all the correct information in the weekly email. Diolch! :slight_smile:

Hi Charlie,

I could do Thursdays. Possibly Wednesdays but it was cancelled due to low turnout and I can’t commit to every other Wednesday like we were doing before.

Not currently :disappointed:

We’re struggling at the moment in Leicester.

Thank you all for your replies, greatly appreciated. I shall put ‘on hold until further notice’ on the Leicestershire listing. :slight_smile:

Hey all, I am happy to turn up to any day I can (as I said I can’t do certain Wednesdays and Thursdays). It seems like interest has waned with some people and others are busy (myself included), perfectly understandable. So who here is definitely up for a regular meet up, how frequently and what times/days? I’m happy to meet up infrequently too but that would be a more ad hoc arrangement. Just would like to get an idea if it is likely we can get this going again, but I understand if not.
Hope you all are well, and still enjoying learning Welsh!

Sorry for being absent for a while - work has had me away from the city for a while.

Are the meetups currently happening, as I believe I’ve got a few months coming up where I’ll be in Leicester, and certainly wouldn’t turn down the opportunity to practice a bit of Cymraeg :slight_smile:

I’d be keen too. When are you in the city?

Rather frustratingly, due to the current travel and work restrictions, I couldn’t say.
Working at home in Greater Manchester at the moment, but should anyone be up for a meetup via the medium of technology, I’d certainly be up for that :smiley:

@dannywithington @janethowe @santiago_mauricio @Linda

Hi everyone, first of all I’d like to say i hope you are all well and haven’t been too badly impacted by the events of the last year (and a bit).
Is there anyone still in Leicester learning Welsh, and would anyone be up for restarting meet ups to practice speaking? Obviously we’re still in the process of getting back to some kind of normal, so theres no pressure or rush to do this immediately but I wanted to gauge interest for doing something in the coming weeks and months

2 Likes

I’m afraid I no longer work on Leicester (minus a few days a year.) Hopefully I’ll be able to attend on one of those few days when things are opening up :crossed_fingers:

@dannywithington @janethowe @santiago_mauricio @Linda @chris-mitchell @glynnhughes2002

Hi all, I hope you are well? I was wondering if there was still anybody in Leicester/Leicestershire/near by that would be interested in meeting up for a chat and a practice at any point? Open to all if anyone else reads this.

1 Like

Thanks for this Charlie - I’m in Clarendon Park and put a message on our local Facebook group, and there’s one person who’s potentially interested, but who’s in the process of moving to Wales so may or may not be able to make it.

Let’s see if there’s any more responses on here too, and maybe we could arrange a meet in a pub or something?

2 Likes

Sounds great. I’m in the West End so not too far from city centre, or from Clarendon Park to be fair. Lets see what responses we get

1 Like

Hello
I’ve just joined and would like to try to siarad Cymraeg. Not sure how you follow a group in the forum yet…

Croeso Andrew!

If you want to follow any thread on the forum, you can choose an option from a drop-down here:

1 Like