Published: new advanced content

It is, Polski Kefir is sold in Tesco and Asda, but it’s not as potent as homemade or not-mass-produced. I also like to support local businesses, and Kefir Cymru sell their product in glass bottles, so environmentally friendly too!

1 Like

But they sold the goat’s milk one - which I gather is quite an acquired taste! Another Archers fan here - claim to fame, I met Fallon once!

1 Like

great! I understand that Mali Harries is playing the dreadful Natasha, could you get to interview her for the chats?

1 Like

Is that who’s playing her? Oh wow - I didn’t know! Mali is based in Cardiff but i’ll see what I can do the next time I’m down!

1 Like

Here’s a pic of my first Kefir Cymru order! Groovy bottles!

4 Likes

Here’s my daughter Leisa with Fallon!

5 Likes

Hi Beca, the first talk/introduction had parallel text. Call me lazy but I prefer that! Is there zero chance that this can be brought back? Regardless, these are brilliant. Thanks for your hard work.

1 Like

Sorry, I asked to move away from that, because it’s a fairly important part of the process that your first attempt is just with the transcript, before you look at the translation… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am happy with that. If there’s Welsh and English close together I cannot stop myself simply reading the English

5 Likes

Yup, that’s exactly the problem - it removes the desirable difficulty of working through the Welsh first, and that feels less convenient, but will help you more… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all - thought you might be interested in a bit of Canu Plygain - an ancient form of Welsh carol singing. This version has a bit of a modern flavour to it, but it’s still beautiful - and if you search Canu Plygain on YouTube you’ll find more traditional versions.

6 Likes

Aran has answered this, but it’s also trickier to do with two people talking. The first one was just me!

3 Likes

Hi all - another Sgwrs coming your way tomorrow - with the artist Luned Rhys Parri who makes amazing and characterful 3D creations. This is a piece by her that I have on my wall. There’s much of interest here - especially for those interested in Patagonia - the Welsh speaking community in South America.

6 Likes

@beca-brown, for the young sprout section, I’d be really curious to hear these lads:

now that they’re fresh, and still not skyrocketed into a way bigger music Universe and/or rejected back into obscurity. :roll_eyes:

The web really changed the games in so many fields - and if I think that since I first heard their name (but couldn’t spell it right) it took me years to actually find a Datblygu record…I’d say the Internet can make a difference also for languages like Welsh and its music!

3 Likes

And that’s up - sorry, little later than usual, because we’ve only just got back from the kids’ celebratory post-karate-grading pizza evening… :slight_smile:

4 Likes
7 Likes

I suddenly noticed listening to last week content, and this week again, that they all seem to pronounce es i as eshi don’t they? While I had previously heard as es in esponio. Is it a South - north thing?

Funny thing of the day I kept on hearing pizza, then found out it was Peter! I guess I’m starting to be hungry! :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s the lovely N Wales accent, quite softened. Possibly exaggerated by your loudspeaker.

2 Likes

Thanks, Beca for another great item and a fascinating insight. A must for anyone interested in Welsh art and also Patagonia.

Here’s a shortcut to the gallery website section that was mentioned:

Edited - Sorry. it should have been this link: I hope ok to put up here.

2 Likes

Thanks got the link. Wow!
Another great interview @beca-brown. Diolch.

2 Likes