Published: new advanced content

Hi there, they should all have translations? Which one have you tried?

2 Likes

Hi all, ep 5 of Caru, Paru and Galaru is up :rainbow:

5 Likes

Clwb Tyfu002, 003 and 004

Ah, the Clwb Tyfu are an older thing, that we semi-revived at a point when Beca was ill and needed some time off… you’d be better going straight to the Beca a’i Phobl content, all of which has translations…

@neil-pyper ahem, blush, not so much a ‘plan’ as a faintly remembered intention, but we do now have the boots on the ground to implement, so I’ll whisper in a particular ear… :wink:

2 Likes

I’d recommend 019 Nan Humphries. She’s from Ceredigion, so not a northener , and she has a really clear voice - you might not even need the transcript and translation…

3 Likes

Leisa does such a strong trill on the ‘r’ in reili in this, I swear she has managed to fit a ‘d’ sound into it - it’s very impressive! :smile:

It definitely makes me suffer from trill envy! :flushed:

Rich :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have just listened to this one and agree completely. I understood almost all of it the first time, which is a real confidence boost!

3 Likes

Haha, yes she does! As I may have mentioned before, her acting training puts great emphasis on diction so every letter should be clear. So, trill-envy, eh! That’s a new one! It puts me in mind of budgies!

3 Likes

Ep5 of Caru, Paru and Galaru was really interesting. I struggled a bit the first time I listened to it, got a lot more when I listedned after reading the transcript, and got pretty much all of it when I listened after reading the translation. It was nice confirmation that the suggested approach to this material works!

Thanks @beca-brown! Do you have any plans to publish the whole story once it is finished?

2 Likes

Oh, I SO have that.

1 Like

I would love to… if someone will publish it! I intend to get the eps out quicker during lockdown as I can’t do the Sgyrsiau as easily. But yes, September is usually the time for Book Council grants… so who knows!

1 Like

:joy::joy: rrrrrrrr!

This certainly delivers the laughs - the dialogue is gggrrrêt! I got some of it the first time and a second slice the next!

…it’s funny thing - I found it before - when you have Wenglish included In speach (which seems to work really well for comedy) - it can throw you.

As a learner you are initially concentrating hard and listening for Welsh words and thinking what they might be/ mean - and then having failed to spark with a translation your brain suddenly realises it’s phonetic English word! :smile:

…and of course there’s the ever present danger of the conversation having moved on by the time you’ve twigged…

…excellent practice again!

Thank you

2 Likes

So proud of myself with this one, especially considering how, when I started, your voice used to rattle past my ear, @beca-brown. Because it was short, I listened to it several times, one after the other, without looking at the transcript. I looked up three or four words I didn’t knpw, and by the end I had unravelled all three mini stories! [happy dance]

I’m noticing, too, that when I go back and listen to older Beca a’i Phobl, I can almost always follow your voice, even when I struggle with the guest’s accent. So after two years I have definitely tuned into your voice, if nothing else!

4 Likes

If you don’t get a grant, I’m sure we could look at taking on an indie publishing project… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy dance indeed!! That’s great news. I will be writing more very soon - the last couple of weeks have been so busy with responding to people wanting to learn Welsh in lockdown and media queries re Iaith ar Daith! Normal service resumed soon!

1 Like

Yes I’m aware that the Wenglish can require you to tune in differently, and I pondered long about whether to include it or not - but it’s how people speak. I’ve kept the other series more ‘correct’, so to speak, so you’re getting both flavours!

3 Likes

Hi all - sorry for not posting anything new yet - it’s been a crazy couple of weeks with lots of new people joining, and then lots of press interest in Iaith ar Daith. Did you catch the first programme?

3 Likes

About advanced content, I still have an awful lot with the old ones - so me personally, I’ve got no problem if I have a bit more time to catch up. :grin:

About the the programme…yep! :wink:

2 Likes

…Nice little plug for SSIW on Radio Cymru y bore 'ma @beca-brown ! :wink:

Good work!

2 Likes