Published: new advanced content

It’s an idiom - “Give me patience” (patience = amynedd and mynadd is a regional variation)

4 Likes

Aha - thanks Siaron.

3 Likes

Ah I never knew that. I’m reading his book about his mother, who set up Egyptology dept of Swansea Uni I think.

Also he was being interviewed by Sian Cothi today about Daniel James of Calon Lan fame.

1 Like

So - some layout changes have been made to Advanced. What are your thoughts? And don’t hold back…! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

It looks very organised to me!
Maybe just one suggestion for a tweak - I know there have been posts where people want to start with interviews of the region they’ve been learning before tackling the ‘opposite end’ dialects, so would it be an idea to put the area the interviewees come from/area dialect they speak in in brackets after their name?

(Having said that, good luck deciding what to put next to mine! :joy: )

4 Likes

Much better, thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Much easier to navigate!

2 Likes

Very clear :star:

2 Likes

Yes it’s really clear :grinning:

2 Likes

Dw i ddim isio codi twrw, as Aran would say, but the new layout has enabled me to check quickly that THERE ARE NO MORE EPISODES OF CARU, PARU, GALARU yet…

2 Likes

It’s much easier to find everything and to see which downloads go together. Thank you.
Sue

2 Likes

Much better layout now. Finally user-friendly!

2 Likes

Hahaa!!! This will very shortly be remedied…! Nice bit of codi twrw there! :blush::wink:

2 Likes

To those who have been enjoying Daniel Glyn’s pieces- he will be doing some stand up in tonight’s Noson Lawen!
Here’s the link if you’d like to join:

3 Likes

One suggestion actually, i don’t know how easy it might be, but it would be nice if there was a way to tick off ones that you have done- i lose track of how far through a series i am. You could do that on the challenges, and it was very useful :grinning:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Remember the Sgwrs with Davyth Fear who appeared on Who Wants to be a Millionaire?! Well here’s his brother - who got the million!

2 Likes

I haven’t spent much time in Advanced Content yet but this will certainly tempt me back in as it is so much more user friendly and easy to remember which ones I’ve already listened to. Many thanks Becca :+1:

2 Likes

I will enquire!

2 Likes

REALLY like the new layout much better, especially with the explanation at the top of what each series is! Well done!

One tiny suggestion (and this is clearly a “nice to have,” not a “need to have”) - it would be great if the length could be added to the title. Sometimes, I have X amount of time to devote to this in a day, and it would be brilliant if I could just scan through and say, “Oh, that one’s only 10 minutes. I can manage that right now.” :slight_smile: I know I could find the length by clicking on Play on each of them and seeing what the playbar says, but that’s a little cumbersome.

Just one other thing - Diolch o galon for doing all of this for us! It’s very much appreciated!

3 Likes