Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 06/11/2020 5️⃣

worth the show and tell. Very interesting and good looking.

1 Like

Thank you but what do you think of my wood carvings? :joy::wink:

3 Likes

@gruntius is being modest here. He also does an excellent wood whittling workshop, teaching the intricate skills of the craft, condensed into simple advice. If I remember rightly, it goes:

“just take out the bits you don’t want”.

Genius.

3 Likes

I guessed as much. I’d love to have a go at wood whittling.

Something I have at home is this hand-cut wooden jigsaw puzzle, made by @heather-prydderch. It’s Vermeer’s ‘The little street’, which I have always loved because it made me wonder what was going on behind all those shuttered windows. Heather made me a three-layer puzzle, where the doors and windows lift off to reveal… but that would be telling! The puzzle has 1,145 pieces, including the hand-painted frame, and is a work of art of a work of art.

And this is a photo showing two of the layers.

11 Likes

That’s marvellous! I’ve never heard of a three-layer puzzle before.

Wow, that’s brilliant!

Incredible!

amazing!

Playing with creative things definitely helps sanity in times like this. I enjoy making greeting cards and over the past months (following a suggestion by my cousin) have made a bunch for a care home. The cards are all different, and it’s a chance to try various new techniques or have to invent some way to use the accumulating pieces-and-parts.
!image image image

8 Likes

When I went there, I think this was probably the place that I realised that I’de like to learn Welsh, a old ladies came up to me and asked if my dog understood welsh, I said she couldn’t and off she went, I think to myself was that her way of asking if I could speak Welsh, and I wonder what she’s doing 2 years later,

The photo is of my mum and dad taken 2 years ago

6 Likes

Well, that’s taken my breath away. What a beautiful and intricate puzzle!

1 Like

I can’t find a Pump am y Penwythnos for Friday 13/11/20. Was there one?

There wasn’t one.

Sorry Jackie, I was off for that week. :wink:

2 Likes

I love all your photos! It always amazes me how much talent we have in the SSiW community. Diolch am rannu. Thanks for sharing!

Here’s a birthday cake I made for our youngest a couple of weeks ago. He’s a Mandalorian fan…

8 Likes

Hard to eat that Beskar steel :grin:

I was tempted to trade it in for a landspeeder but apparently that’s not the way… :wink:

What an incredible and inventive cake! Lucky Beuno. I can’t imagine how you did it.