1) Did you ever skip school? Why did you do it and where did you go? If not, have you ever faked a sick day?
Yes, several times. Mostly because of bullying, sometimes because of PE, occasionally because of Maths. As our school was tight on the beach, I'd go and sit in the dunes and write terrible poetry, or sometimes sketch.
2) What is the longest you've been absent from home. Where did you go and what were you doing there?
To be honest, I'm hardly ever away from home. But when I was 18 I left Wales and didn't return for any length of time till I was 27. I studied in Chichester, then lived and worked in London, Boston and for a short time in Ghana.
3) Has absence ever made the heart grow fonder?
As far as Wales is concerned? Always.
As far as my husband and children are concerned? Always
As far as the dog is concerned? Always
As far as previous boyfriends/partners are concerned? Never - absence was always a much needed slap in the face back then...
4) I have ADHD so my mind is often absent. What hinders your cognitive function and what do you do to help you focus?
5) What is currently absent from your life?
A back door without a hole in it.