1) What was the last celebration you attended and what was the best thing about that celebration?
I have fond memories of the last Friday before Christmas last year. School was breaking up for the holidays so I decided to make a buffet and invite my parents along with my brother, his daughters and his partner. The tree was up and all a glow, the fire was roaring, candles were lit, the Prosecco was chilled and everyone was in a happy mood. Later in the evening we heard a knock on the door and some very talented local carol singers came in and joined us around the fire. They sang so hauntingly beautifully and enjoyed a chat and a glass of port. It was a lovely evening and a perfect way to celebrate the beginning of the Christmas holidays.
2) List two songs/pieces of music which were popular at the time you were born.
Telegram Sam - T.Rex
Let's Stay Together - Al Green
3) If you had the funds and resources to do anything you liked on your next milestone birthday, how would you decide to celebrate?
Champagne, good food, family time and possibly a night away somewhere with my husband.
4) Do you share a birthday with anyone you admire, famous or not? You can list as many people as you like.
I am very pleased to say that I share a birthday with @Novem She has learnt Welsh extremely quickly and to a very high standard. She is one of the friendliest and gentlest people I've met and I greatly admire her enthusiasm, confidence and easy going nature.
I also share a birthday with this wonderful man - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitin_Nohria Nitin and I met in London in the mid 1990s. He was on sabbatical at the London Business School with his wife and young daughter and they were expecting their second. I became their nanny, working for them in London and Boston. We became and have remained close friends, but unfortunately haven't been able to visit them since 2005. Nitin and I are exactly 10 years apart in age and enjoyed sharing a similar sense of humour, we always got on very well and he was like a big brother to me. He and his wife Monica are some of the kindest and most humble people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
5) Name one food item, one type of drink, one album, one game and one decoration you would bring to a party.
I would bring a large, rich, home made chicken, leek, tarragon, white wine and fresh cream pie. All the ingredients for an endless supply of Mojitos. Either a Latin American Salsa/Bossa Nova album or a Bhangra album. A pack of cards. Candles, fortune cookies and possibly a Pinata.
And one bonus!
6) Name three interesting facts about the year in which you were born!
1972 was a leap year.
- Rose Heilbron becomes the first woman judge at the Old Bailey in London.
- Bloody Sunday: The British Army kills 14 unarmed nationalist civil rights marchers in Derry, Northern Ireland.
- The Soviet unmanned spaceship Luna 20 lands on the Moon.
- Grease had it's first Broadway run.
- The Munich massacre took place.
- David Bowie gave birth to Ziggy Stardust.
- ABBA was formed!
- Watership Down was published.
- On my the day I was born, February 9 – The British government declares a state of emergency over a miners' strike.
Sorry that was more that 3 - I got carried away!