Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 12/10/2018 5️⃣

Excellent advice! Diolch :slight_smile:

It’s not costing lots yet. We’ll hold off.

1 Like

1) Have you had any memorable experiences with interesting or extreme weather conditions?

Almost getting snowed in at work one Friday night. (Where I worked was on high-ish ground, and relatively remote). Managed to get away in the end.

2) In which way are you different?

Left-handed (although that’s not all that different).

3) You have a new gadget/piece of tech. It’s small enough to fit in your pocket, it’s powerful, capable and durable. What are the extraordinary things it can it do?

Yeah it’s great…it helps me to find where I’ve put down my mobile phone…

(don’t actually have one of those, but wish I did…)

On the wish-list is a device to remind me what I came into whatever room I’m in for.

4) Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?

Hunter. Always fancied a bow and arrow, and wonder exactly how far back they go. (In time, I mean, not in stretchiness).

5) What advice do you have for me today?

Get your mineral levels checked.

6) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it…

pre-Q: “Ask me what sort of a day I’ve had”
Q: “What sort of a day have you had?”
A: “Don’t ask me!”

:wink:

6 Likes

But excellent nevertheless.

2 Likes

that fact alone would make us twins :smiley:

2 Likes

1) Have you had any memorable experiences with interesting or extreme weather conditions?
Bring in a small village in the Volta Region in Ghana in the rainy season was interesting. There was no electricity or running water, so as soon as the heavens opened we would run out, take the lids off the water butts, fill buckets and saucepans and take the opportunity to shower!

2) In which way are you different?
I am a synesthete.
I have misophonia - in particular I’ve a low tolerance of chewing sounds, grunting sounds produced by physical excercise (cant watch grunty tennis) and repetitive sounds.
I have ADD - attention deficit disorder - one of my particular bugbears is the trouble I have retaining information, particularly when reading, so my shelves have a lot of unfinished books on them.
I can click the bones in my toes.
I have red hair.
I can make souffle.

3) You have a new gadget/piece of tech. It’s small enough to fit in your pocket, it’s powerful, capable and durable. What are the extraordinary things it can it do?
It can turn me in to Wonder Woman - yes, I watched the Wonder Woman movie last week.

4) Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?
Have had some success with hunting rabbits and foraging from hedgerows in the past - comfrey leaf fritters are particularly good.

5) What advice do you have for me today?
Show yourself some kindness.

4 Likes

2) Apart from the red hair, we could be twins. I can’t even stand my gorgeous grandchildren sniffing. Apparently, bellowing “Blow your ******* nose” :rage: is not what a loving tadcu should say.
I now control my misophonia by leaving the room. Do you think we need help? :slight_smile:

I do. It’s just a pity it would have to be such QUIET help.

:wink:

3 Likes

This sounds like me too

1 Like

“I have misophonia - in particular I’ve a low tolerance of chewing sounds, grunting sounds produced by physical excercise (cant watch grunty tennis) and repetitive sounds.”

Oh yes me too - mainly restricted to eating sounds, and it’s not too bad if there’s background noise. But if anyone starts eating a whole apple or a bowl of crunchy cereal I will leave the room. I also forward through any bits in the Archers where someone is talking and eating at the same time (which they feel the need to include way too often).

People don’t get that it’s not just “oh that’s a bit annoying” - it’s an actual physical feeling, somewhere between pain and rage.

2 Likes

This sounds like me too

I see what you did there :grinning::clap:

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s something many of us share - people eating crisps around me is particularly annoying. But most annoying is the sound of people eating in TV or radio drama. I think it’s worse on radio because they can’t show the food, so they think they have to make you hear it to provide “authenticity”. Note to drama makers: I know what eating sounds like thanks. I can imagine this for myself. You don’t have to force it into my ears!

Hmmm … reading this of not standing particular sounds … at least we in our country NEVER treated this as a kind of anomaly or even disturbance or even illness so this is totally strange to me. I don’t stand many sounds but I always thought OK, I just don’t stand them, nothing particularly strange about this so I never payed any attention.

There are so many things we in our country seam to take them as normal thing that I’m not even aware of them and reading various threads on here or anywhere else make me look puzzled in deed.

Sorry, I don’t want to offend anyone, but just saying the different aspect of the things from totally different country of the Europe.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

On the eating during TV and radio drama, what I really meant was eating while talking. So you can’t hear what they are saying properly.

Yes, I understood your part perfectly well, but then all of a sudden all had some kind of such problems which I understood as if they’d like to present them as kind of “illness”. It’s not even polite to talk while eating something and can be very disturbing for the anyone’s ear.

However I didn’t mean any bad with that it’s just that in our society for half of the troubles I hear here we don’t even pay attention. It all seams so normal to us even if it’s not and that was the whole point.