Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 21/06/2019 5️⃣

Hmmm, wearing a suit were you…?
:grin:

Well, it was my birthday :laughing:

3 Likes

1) Is love the answer?
Well it’s one of those things that are so easy to say and so difficult to achieve.
In practice it needs to be combined with liberty, justice, cultural identity & so on to actually get anywhere.

2) What’s the last thing you binge watched and why?
The Britannia series, on DVD. It’s the best depiction of Iron Age Druids I’ve ever seen. It manages to answer that debate about whether they were intensely spiritual or incredibly violent by showing they could be both at the same time.

3) I find myself opposite you in a 30 second speed dating slot. What do you choose to tell me about yourself?
Believe me, I’m way past any kind of dating and I don’t do anything speedy nowadays.

4) What it the one most liberal/hippy thing about you and what is the one most straight/conservative thing about you?
Being an early local campaigner for Friends of the Earth, from the late 70s and all though the Thatcher years.
Partly as a result of those experiences, then morphing into one of the original grumpy old men, long before it became fashionable.

5) Name three things you could be an anorak about.
Spelling.
Our surviving British folk traditions.
The Small Faces.

Feeling generous, so…

6) Name a random item on your to-do list
Buying a greenhouse and getting the garden wall repaired.

7) I’m coming to visit you and we’re going to sit soft with good coffee and chat - what do we talk about?
Well as most chats I have in Welsh tend to be about learning Welsh, we would undoubtedly start off with that. After that, it could be anything (except sports).

8) Aran is currently sitting opposite me wearing his Father’s Day t’shirt with the lyric ‘If you tolerate this, then your children will be next .’ across the front. If you could choose any lyric or quote to put on a t’shirt what would it be?
“How come Aran has such slick T-shirts?”

1 Like