Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 22/01/21 5️⃣

Prynhawn da bawb! I hope you are all keeping safe and well. Here’s this Friday’s contribution…

1) When was the last time you surprised yourself?

2) What are you currently trying to figure out?

3) What was the last thing you underestimated?

4) This last year has shown us how inventive and creative people can get, creating alternatives for the things they’ve missed - from honing cooking skills to create restaurant evenings at home to using projectors and sheets to create home cinemas, to choirs and orchestras recording incredible musical pieces on Zoom. What’s the best example of a pandemic alternative you’ve experienced or seen over the last year and what would you like to experience, but haven’t yet had the opportunity.

5) Share with us a great novel, a great movie, a great album, a great tv series and a good tipple to accompany them.

Happy Friday! :smiley:

Crikey - February already!!

1) When was the last time you surprised yourself?

Its been a while - I seem to spend my time at home, working, cycling, eating or sleeping! I did manage an 11km run in under an hour which was a bit of a surprise!

2) What are you currently trying to figure out?

Whether changing my broadband provider is a good idea. Superfast Fibre means drilling through brickwork - not sure I need the disruption

3) What was the last thing you underestimated?

How much I’d miss the Chat club in Saith Seren - cant wait for it to start back!

4) This last year has shown us how inventive and creative people can get, creating alternatives for the things they’ve missed - from honing cooking skills to create restaurant evenings at home to using projectors and sheets to create home cinemas, to choirs and orchestras recording incredible musical pieces on Zoom. What’s the best example of a pandemic alternative you’ve experienced or seen over the last year and what would you like to experience, but haven’t yet had the opportunity.

I’ve taken part in a few choir collaborations and they’ve turned out really well.

5) Share with us a great novel, a great movie, a great album, a great tv series and a good tipple to accompany them.

Novel: Labrynth by Kate Mosse
Movie: The Lighthouse
Album: Anything by 9Bach or Richard Thompson
TV Series: Breaking Bad
Tipple: Isle of Islay Whisky - Ceol Isla

2 Likes

Ooooops!

Just corrected it. :wink:

1. When was the last time you surprised yourself? It took me 65 years to start painting in oils, and I am good at it, I really am. I just can’t understand how I am doing it, but it has made lockdown much more tolerable.

2. What are you currently trying to figure out? How to stop bragging about how good I am at answer no.1.

3. What was the last thing you underestimated? How much I miss hugging and warm greetings. I have never been a prolific hugger and I never know who I’m supposed to hug and who to give a handshake to. But no physical contact is hard.

4. 2 things. The production of the choir with SSIW members. Our home church producing online services.

5. Share with us a great novel, a great movie, a great album, a great tv series and a good tipple to accompany them.

Novel: The Island

Movie: 12 Angry Men

Album: Everyday Life – Coldplay

TV series: Missing, both series.

Tipple: Hennessey Cognac

3 Likes