Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 24/042020 5️⃣

Prynhawn da SSiW family! I really hope that each and every one of you are keeping safe and well. We seem to be enjoying glorious weather in the UK at the moment, which helps a great deal. Spring is alive and kicking all around us and the cuckoo has returned here to North Wales.

Right, here we go…

1) What do you have this week that you didn’t have last week?

2) In which way have you surprised yourself this week?

3) Considering some items are difficult to come by, what would you trade me for half a dozen eggs, three fingers of blended whiskey and a sachet of bread sauce?

4) Finish this sentence - as crazy as it sounds, I’m really enjoying…

5) What’s the happiest song you know?

6) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it…

One garden border fully dug over.

By getting up one morning before 9 o’clock. :wink:

3) Considering some items are difficult to come by, what would you trade me for half a dozen eggs, three fingers of blended whiskey and a sachet of bread sauce?
Nothing, not even my three bottles of cider. :smiley:

Not having to make excuses for doing everything in slow motion.

‘Why’, by Anthony Newley. It would be considered pretty cheesy by today’s standards, but I first heard it in 19…er…summing when I was a kid, and even today it still cheers me up when I listen to it.

6) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it…
What’s the unhappiest song you know?
Don’t Let It Bring You Down, by Neil Young.
Almost anything by Leonard Cohen.

‘Why’, by Anthony Newley. It would be considered pretty cheesy by today’s standards…

Indeed, really cheesy! I’d never heard of it, or him, til just now. And Mr Google tells me he had three divorces…

1. What do you have this week that you didn’t have last week?

Level 1 of Say Something in Spanish under my belt.

1. In which way have you surprised yourself this week?

Didn’t think I could enjoy running so fast.

1. Considering some items are difficult to come by, what would you trade me for half a dozen eggs, three fingers of blended whiskey and a sachet of bread sauce

My soul

1. Finish this sentence - as crazy as it sounds, I’m really enjoying…no pressure to do anything except survive.

2. What’s the happiest song you know?

Mr Blue Sky by ELO

1. Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it…
    What is the answer to the meaning of life? 42

He was a top pop star for a time in the early 60s and a film actor. David Bowie later cited him as a big influence.

Ohhhh late to the party this week!

An understanding of how to hand spread pizza dough. We managed to make some very very tasty pizzas on Thursday and not a rolling pin in sight!!

Last weekend I managed to run 15km, which was very surprising!

I’d just be looking for your eggs, but I have some lovely 00 Italian flour. Perfect for pizzas :slight_smile:

running! I’ve really enjoyed picking up the kilometres whilst also trying to get faster. I’ve beaten my 5km and 10km records. Still a way off my targets but it’s been really fun to do some non-gym based fitness.

There are many that make me smile. The single happiest song is a tough one to answer. I love “Here comes the sun” by Steve Harley, and “Sebona Fi” by Yws Gwynedd. Songs I love to sing along to or have on when I’m doing something like clean the house: “Proud Mary” by Tina Turner, “From Now On” from The Greatest Showman, “High School Never Ends” Bowling for soup, “The Best” Tina Turner, loads!