Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 25/09/2020 5️⃣

Prynhawn da!

1) What’s the most unexpected friendship you’ve ever had the pleasure of forming?

2) Set free with a £1,000 right now, what would you do with it?

3) When were you last surprised by good luck?

4) Given free use of a comfortable and well equipped campervan/motorhome/RV and time off work, where are the places you’d travel to?

5) What is your dream job and where is it?

2 Likes
  1. What’s the most unexpected friendship you’ve ever had the pleasure of forming?
    I was at the Hay festival in 1997 and made friends with a girl there who went to school in my hometown. We became firm friends and are still great friends today.

2. Set free with a £1,000 right now, what would you do with it?
    Have a holiday in half term - if we’re allowed out then!

3. When were you last surprised by good luck?
    At the start of lockdown an advert for ssiw popped up on my facebook. It had never occurred to me that there was a way for me to learn Welsh online. And i had tonnes of free time which i don’t usually have, so i got to learn Welsh!

4. Given free use of a comfortable and well equipped campervan/motorhome/RV and time off work, where are the places you’d travel to?
    I would love to see Finland and Norway.

5. What is your dream job and where is it?
    It sounds a bit twee but I’m racking my brains and can’t think of anything I’d rather do than what I’m doing now! I’m a reception teacher in a little friendly Christian school and I absolutely love it. If I could move it to Wales then it would be perfect :grinning:

7 Likes

1) What’s the most unexpected friendship you’ve ever had the pleasure of forming?
When I was 14 a friend and I asked a 16-year-old boy who was running a stall at a fairground to look after our coats for us while we wandered around. The boy and I became best friends and we’re still in touch now, though I lost touch with the other ‘friend’ only a few years later.

Probably I’d actually buy myself some new clothes. I don’t remember the last time I did that, being someone who hates shopping, but it’s getting towards that time when I’ll have no choice :joy:

Last night when around the corner from me a large group of Africans started singing in beautiful harmonies in the pouring rain! I presume they were indoors in a Senegalese restaurant nearby but it went on for quite some time and I thought how lucky I was to experience that.

4) Given free use of a comfortable and well equipped campervan/motorhome/RV and time off work, where are the places you’d travel to?
I’d do a tour of Spain and Portugal, then head into France and see how far I could go :smile:

I’ve always said that my dream job was one that would pay me to learn languages, so I can’t imagine much beating working with SSi where I get to share my love of languages with lots of kindred spirits!

6 Likes

Absolutely every friendship I’ve made through SSiW.

Stock up on coal and wood for the winter, buy a Nintendo Switch to play fun family games with the kids, buy paint to freshen up the house, buy new pillows, buy new trousers, Buy new winter boots… :wink:

In question number 2 when I was set free with £1,000 … :rofl:

I would travel through Brittany, France and then Basqe country, exactly as we did on our camping honeymoon. Then I’d proceed to Italy and beyond. :wink:

Having a beautiful little home-office overlooking the garden and being a full time author - that is instead of being a part time author in the corner of the living room. :wink:

2 Likes

The newest ones - there is still so much to discover
Buy a piano
A week ago, by a surprise birthday picnic with my dog walking friends
I have gone off motorhomes but I would love to wild camp in the Outer Hebrides
Cloud watching. Anywhere.

3 Likes

I’ve definitely missed wild camping this year, but not been to the Outer Hebrides, sounds exciting!

Gosh, so many! Probably my friend K, who is 20 years older than me, has travelled the world in her time, and whom I met via the BBC The Archers messageboard, as you do

I’d spend it on booze, boys and fast cars. The rest I’d just waste (sorry, an amended George Best quote there!)

18 months ago, when we logged on to the RSPCA rehoming website and found our new dog.

I’d travel to Berlin and around Europe, but it wouldn’t be in any form of campervan, sorry. It’s my rule never to holiday where the bathroom facilities are worse than in my own home :rofl:

I could say the same as Deborah about working for SSi :wink: but so it doesn’t look like too much of a stitch-up, I’d say a chocolate, tea, gin or crisp taster. I like to be flexible about work.

1 Like