Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 29/03/2019 5️⃣

Apologies for the gap!

I hope you are all well and have an interesting weekend ahead. Here are this week’s questions with extras…

1) Who do you think you are?

2) And your three favourite words for today are…?

3) You’re going to get a one episode bit part in your favourite drama. What’s your choice of drama and what is the nature of your character?

4) What would we most likely find you doing in a garden?

5) You’re allowed to erase one item from your schedule for the next week. What is it and what do you replace it with?

6) What kind of drunk are you?

7) In what way is today better than yesterday?

8) What is the most beautiful thing you can see from where you are sitting?

9) If you were to be gifted something ‘welsh themed’ in a frame, what would it be?

10) Play us a song which moves you.

Diolch, Catrin. I enjoy these weekly whimsical questions ‘Pump am y Penwythnos’.

This quote comes straight from a movie of my youth (Hello 1980’s), The Breakfast Club “You see us as you want to see us—in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain…and an athlete…and a basket case…a princess…and a criminal. Does that answer your question?”
Ystlumod - Bats (fun word to say)
Sylweddoli - Realize (Sounds like an Italian ice)
Ch’di - Northern for informal ‘you’. I love how how it sounds

3) You’re going to get a one episode bit part in your favourite drama. What’s your choice of drama and what is the nature of your character?
I’m not sure it matters which drama, but as a learner, I would like to think my unintentional mixup of the lines would be funny enough and proper enough, the director keeps it.

Running away! It’s called yard work for a reason and I already work enough hours :rofl:

5) You’re allowed to erase one item from your schedule for the next week. What is it and what do you replace it with? Any of the five projects I’m currently working on for my job and replace with, hanging out with family, figuring if my idea for a business can make money, reading, learning Welsh, practicing photography…yup that’s about right.

The kind everyone wants to hang with! :beers:

I work a M-F job, so, it’s Friday!

I would like to say, the breakfast I cooked, but I botched it badly and it looks like burnt face…:fire:…but it’s very tasty. I would say the picture taken of my Wife and I just after we said our vows at our Marriage ceremony.

9) If you were to be gifted something ‘welsh themed’ in a frame, what would it be?
Can someone frame “Bwrw Cwrw” beer and send it to the US, please?

Same song, same band, totally different approach to genre.
Tomos Rhys gan Alffa - Original Rock version

Tomos Rhys gan Alffa - BluesRock variation

3 Likes

Very much of its / his time. RIP Noel Harrison. RIP Michel Legrand.

Cheating as usual with a second…

So many personal memories attached to that one.

(“Kathy’s Song” from “Sounds of Silence”, but actually I could have mentioned many of their songs).

Might as well be hung for a sheep as for two lambs…

“Unrequited love’s a bore and I got it pretty bad
But for someone you adore
It’s a pleasure to be sad…”

Been there a few (dozen) times…

And the M & P’s personify the sixties for me at least as much as The Beatles did.

3 Likes

Great taste in music. the 60’s was bit early for me, as I busted my musical chops in 80’s. But being an American I am very familiar with the Mamas and the Papas and Simon & Garunkel. Noel Harrison is new…so thank you for that.

1 Like

For all practical purposes, one bottle = one unit, so either way, you’re fine.

2 Likes

Gwych! I can live with 14 bottles of Laphroaig. :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

And yet, that’s a total of 14 units. A miracle of science, of which there are nany.

1 Like

4 Likes

Ask me when I have grown up

Pobol y Cwm

Oh, Pobol y Cwm. I think I would be a cross between Britt and Colin but it would have to be unscripted to just see where it goes!

Staring at the weeds thinking they really need to be pulled up or looking at the house thinking it really needs painting or looking at my neighbours garden thinking why it is nicer than mine or wondering when more tiles will start to slip off the roof… And, of course, chilling out, relaxing.

5) You’re allowed to erase one item from your schedule for the next week. What is it and what do you replace it with?

I would replace going to the gym with going through all three SSiW challenges. (Btw, one of my ten answers here is not exactly the truth but it may be hard to guess which one)

Mellow

I am wiser

My children’s art work

A mirror

The wheels on the bus go round and round

3 Likes

I have no delusions as to who I am. I am normal, I am only special to the people around me and to who are special to me.

Saturday night take-away. (Does that count as 3, I hope so.)

I often think about what I would do if faced with some kind of hate crime so playing a character that deals with something like that would be a great experience.

I’m not a garden person but I do like sitting on our steps with the sun on my back watching the insects walking around my feet.

My wife’s Saturday shift, I hate that one. We’d make a trip to the beach today I think.

A sober one, I haven’t drank alcohol for a long time. I was a very placid drunk though.

Did I mention the take-away we’re going to have later?

I’m sitting on the sofa between my wife and daughter, take your pick.

I’d really love a massive map of Wales with all the place names in Welsh. I stare at maps quite often.

I love this …

6 Likes

Diolch, Gruntius for that song. I really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

The whole album is really good to be honest, worth listening to. Elidyr Glyn is the lad that has just won ‘Cân i Gymru’ with this song …

3 Likes

A daughter, a sister, an aunt, a wife and a friend.

Popty, Marmalade and Fluffy

Someone who looks after the horses in Game of Thrones. Not centre stage, and no speaking or stuff like that - just one of the people that randomly appears in the background and holds horses

Goodness - everything ! Mowing, weeding, watering, planting bulbs, building a BBQ, making a huge chicken enclosure, putting in fence posts - you name it, I can google how to do it and give it a good crack !

An appointment on Thursday. Nothing serious, but not my thing. I would replace it with pretty much anything, but a nice trip to the beach with my Dipstick, followed by fish and chips on the way home ( sausage for the dog ) would be top of the list

Giggly, quickly moving to Deep Thinker, then sleepy. I usually end up laughing at something really silly, like thinking about penguins, then wondering if they have knees. And if they do have knees, where do they keep them ? Then falling asleep, having a weird dream about penguins.

Each day is always an improvement. I try to do something everyday ““that makes a difference”” - be it clearing a part of the old barn, moving a load of old wire, doing something in the garden, or re-doing a section of fence etc - each day has something that I can point to, and say ““I did that - isn’t it better””

I am going to be greedy and opt for 3 things. My Dipstick dog - heading into his teens, and still a beautiful soul and a great companion. Then 2 photos on the shelf above his bed. Both of my wedding day - one with husband, one with my Dad. The memories of that day are vivid and heart-filling, and so very very special, even after all these years.

An aerial photo of our home - our own small slice of Wales.

Hmm, not sure how to get links to appear on here, but I’ll give it a go

Disturbed - the sound of silence

The Silent Monks- singing…

The first is a great version. The second has me crying with laughter, because it is a a bit daft, and totally pokes my sense of humour.

6 Likes

I love Disturbed … David Draiman has one of the best voices in rock imo.

3 Likes

Isn’t it amazing. I am very rarely impressed with cover copies of songs I really like, and usually find they are not as good as the original - but that one is right up there.

3 Likes

Bit late to the party, it took me a while to think of a song :smile:

1) Who do you think you are?.

I’m not sure, maybe I’ll find out soon

Squish that cat

I have no idea what’s happening on Rownd a Rownd these days, but happy to help Rhys with stuff

Watering the plants or sitting somewhere away from the sun

Studying for finals. I’ll replace it with watching a few movies I have on my list and trying to finish a few video games I’ve started

No idea :stuck_out_tongue:

One day closer to school being over…

I can’t see anything but my phone screen, it’s so dark. So… I guess it’s this thing I’m writing right now. Very beautiful

Something with dragons. Dragons are cool

Hmmmm

3 Likes

It depends on who’s experiencing me. But at the heart of it, just a little girl, really.
Ymlacio, ysgrifennu, a theulu
It’d have to be Doctor Who. I’d like to be someone exciting and clever who helps The Doctor out, but I’d probably end up being a squishy monster!
Normally, all sorts of things, including talking to vegetables and various creatures and myself. At the moment, my garden is like a desolate moonscape, so I’d probably be standing on a pile of broken rock, talking to myself and imagining the beauty to come. (It will come, won’t it? :worried: )
The only things on my schedule next week are things I want to do :slightly_smiling_face:. But as I’m still (eternally it seems!) jetlagged, if I replaced anything, it would be with sleep.
It depends on my mood, as alcohol magnifies it. But I usually drink when I’m happy (or I’m happy when I drink :thinking:) so I think I’m generally quite a happy, dancy, huggy sort of a drunk. Just don’t engage me in a serious discussion. It could go on for hours.
I’m marginally less tired. I think.
I’m still in bed, so I can’t see much. There’s a pile of photos with one of me heavily pregnant on the top that brings back beautiful memories, though.
A section of the Tithes Map showing the fields around our house, with the names marked on.
I’m feeling a bit buffeted and displaced at the moment, and this song always reminds me of home, so here’s Steve Eaves…

4 Likes

I think you’ll find you’ve stated that, rather than played it, Peter. To make up, I’ll expect a live performance, yng Nghymraeg, on Friday!

Pob lwc!

2 Likes

So harsh a punishment for so minor a breach!

1 Like

Harsh, but fair.