Radio Ambulante - for extended listening practice

I’ve just come across this website - radioambulante.org - and it seems great for really extending your listening skills and boosting vocab. It’s basically a platform for audio recordings of Latin American short stories, and you can read a transcript as well.

2 Likes

Another fun resource for listening comprehension is LyricsTraining, where you can listen to music with synchronized lyrics. And if they don’t have a song you want, you can add it yourself.

2 Likes

Ooh, thank you both very much - looks like exactly the kind of stuff I’ve been needing… :slight_smile:

Ooh, I’ve just listened to one and played the game where you have to fill in some of the lyrics yourself as you go along - SO much fun!!

I got in touch with them about adding Basque to their list of languages they support, they asked me to publish at least 40 songs to start with and then they’d work on adding in support for Basque. I’ve already published more than that (some are still marked as “drafts” though) and they said they’ll work on getting everything sorted out to officially support it. I bet they would also be enthusiastic about adding Welsh assuming there are enough official music videos available on YouTube, though to be honest i’m not that familiar with Welsh music (yet)!

2 Likes

I subscribe to RadioAmbulante. I quite enjoy learning about the different cultures as they’re all true stories. The one about the virtual world where the father finally makes enough money to support himself and his children (second life) was fascinating as was the ‘supposedly’ women only village. I find them quite challenging to listen to as they are fast but with the transcript it’s great training.

2 Likes