Radnorshire / Hay / Brecon / Mid Wales meet ups?

Hello there,

I’m a new learner - I just did Challenge 10 and am eager to get chatting in Welsh. Anyone up for a meet up / already do meet up you could let me know about in this area? Thanks! Mark

2 Likes

tagging @Deborah-SSi for the email :slight_smile:

Thanks @aran! Loving the course btw, just want to start putting it into practise now.

1 Like

Also, hijacking my own thread here, but I’m also interested in having Skype chats if anyone is interested? As I say, very much a newbie but if there is anyone patient out there / anyone in a similar position would be up for a practise then let me know. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your kind words - really appreciated… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Helo! I’m a bit busy right now with the Eisteddfod coming up, but I’d be happy to Skype once I get back home in two weeks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’d be great, many thanks and enjoy the Eisteddfod!

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr! I’ll send you a message when I’m back home :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Deborah-SSi - just wondered if you had any info on meet ups in this area? Thanks

1 Like

Hi I’m just catching up on the forum and saw your post.
It’s probably too late for this month but there is a meet up first Saturday of month in the Thomas Shop Pen y bont 10.30am. Where abouts do you live as there are other groups around the area

3 Likes

Thank you for this info. Will aim to go next month! I’m based in Newchurch (on road between Hay & Presteigne). Know of any other groups? Many thanks

1 Like

Hi Mark,
There’s a group that meets on Wednesday evenings from 8pm at the Arvon Ales micropub on Temple Street in Llandrindod if that’s not too awkward a trip for you. I’m normally there, but I’ll be missing it this week because of the Eisteddfod. Probably best to leave it until next week if you want to try it out and be sure that there will be someone there. There also used to be a Wednesday evening group in Prestigne at the Dukes, but I’m not sure if that it still runs. I’ll be meeting one of the organisers at the Eisteddfod, so I’ll ask her then and report back to you.
Welcome to the forum, by the way!
Rob

2 Likes

There should be a couple of us at the Arvon on Wednesday but Rob is right it could be pretty quiet if last week was anything to go by.

2 Likes

Hi Rob, thank you very much for this information! Llandrindod is a possibility and Presteigne would be very handy - please do let me know if it is still happening! Enjoy the Eisteddfod. All the best, Mark

1 Like

Ah ok, thank you for letting me know - I’m not sure if I can make it this week anyway but will try and pop over soon

In fact, I am going to try and make it to Llandrindod tonight. Out of interest - do you have a ‘no English’ rule on these meet ups like at the bootcamps?

I have just done Challenge 17 on Level 1 so I’m sill new to it but happy to sit and listen and try and chat where I can! Thanks

1 Like

Hi we meet as close to 8pm as poss. We don’t have a Welsh only rule just a as much as you can manage :slight_smile:️ see you later

1 Like

Good to meet you last night. Fantastic effort hope to see you again in the future.

4 Likes

Thank you, was good to meet you too and thanks for being encouraging! Will try and make it again - hopefully tomorrow.

2 Likes