Richard's Welsh journey weekly update

Nia doesn’t bite…
…much.

:smiley:

Excellent to hear you’re still doing good!

1 Like

This is now week 9…Last week was toughbut for the first time.I think I spoke more welsh on hangouts.The challenges are getting tougher and in particularly challenge 14. I am looking forward to this week and trying to master how to put my soundcloud file on the system

2 Likes

Yup, the challenges are going to get tougher for you, because of the amount of extra repetition you need - keep an eye on how you’re feeling, and let us know if you’d like to switch over to the 2 year course at any stage - it gives you much more room for higher levels of repetition… :slight_smile:

Week 9 is definitely harder. I am beginning to struggle with the challenges even though I am putting in the work. I feel I may need to change tactic and go to the 2 year course. I have complete confidence in the method and have improved in the past though weeks but it has been extremely challenging.I need to take it at a slower pace as I need so much repetition. The journey is tough but the saysomething inwelsh formula works and I must not beat myself up.I will be able to siarad cymraeg even if it takes longer and that is my .There some of us language learners that need higher repetition. I do not feel I failed by changing to the two year course as we all have different needs. I have to be honest to myself.I have been given the tools to succeed and I have to master sound cloud to put thiungs on here.

3 Likes

I think switching to the 2 year course would be a very good idea for you, Richard - watching your levels of effort was a huge part of why I ended up thinking that a 2 year approach would be a good thing to develop, so not, NOT anything but success to carry on working, at the rate closest to what suits you… :slight_smile: