Rownd a Rownd

If anyone is in the area on Sunday 13 January, there are workshops on offer:

107 Likes, 2 Comments - Rownd a Rownd (@rowndarownd) on Instagram: “#gweithdai #rowndarownd @s4c #workshops 🎭 @venuecymru #llandudno #takepart 13.01.19 11.00-12.30 &…”

What a super opportunity for anyone in the area. Wish I was!

Spoiler 15-01-2019
Iolo’s 30th birthday, er “bash”.

Well, has Iolo survived?

I’m sure he has. Knowing Iolo and his sense of responsibility and that he’s super fit, he probably swam to safety and managed to find a pub that was still open and is even now downing hot toddies.

Fair play to Jac for having pulled Matthew and Jason out of the drink, but I don’t think Dani was impressed either by his going to Copa without her, or leaving her to go home alone while he carried on partying. So much for his recent promise that he’d never ever leave her. It’s the small things that count, not (necessarily) the big things.

What they all did was terribly wrong…but OTOH, I’d like to see the look on Carwyn’s face when he finds out. :smiling_imp:

(Oh yes, and fair play to Anest too for realising the danger they were in and going out to rescue them if necessary).

Lowri and Philip: I wish them well, but…I’m not optimistic about their chances. Teenager Robbie was not impressed seeing his mum behave like a teenager outside the house.
Robbie will always resent Philip.

And I’m not sure that Philip was happy about the jokes about his age.

And Kay will continue to stick her oar in. :frowning:

Edit: p.s. wonder if the RNLI will be called out to look for Iolo? It would be good to have a shout out for them.

Speaking of Kay: are taxi drivers allowed to refuse a fare just because they don’t like them? Isn’t it a condition of their licence that they have to transport just about anyone, unless there is an objective reason (e.g. dangerous, extremely dirty) not to?

I wouldn’t like to be the one who told her that!

Kind of tangential – but in the episode of 17/01 there’s some very familiar instrumental music that I just can’t quite place used as incidental music in the hospital – 07:18-07:35 approx. Can anyone help identify it?
ETA: I eventually got it - a short instrumental snippet from Llwybrau by 9bach.

I’m surprised by and a bit disappointed in Ken’s refusal to take Philip. He’s usually one of the more sensible characters even with Kay’s antics. He didn’t even soften his tone once he found out the reason that Philip needed the taxi. If anything he seemed even more angry. Then there’s the conditions for Vince which also seems out of line. So Kay Kabs is now a strictly family run business? Kay, Ken, and Kelvin. I can’t see Kelvin giving up video games or nights out to run the taxi’s. They’ll probably be begging for Vince to work if things get busy.

Interviews with three Rownd a Rownd actors as part of the BBC Cymru Fyw “Ateb y Galw”… thing.

Two were very recent (the week before last and last week) –

Iestyn Arwel (“David”):

Meilir Rhys Williams (“Rhys”):

Meilir suggested that next week’s person to answer the questions will be Lowri Gwynne (“Lowri”), so have a look at “Ateb y Galw” next Monday or Tuesday!

Also, after looking through old issues of “Ateb y Galw”, Gwion Tegid (“Barry”) answered some questions a while ago, in November 2018:

Looking forward to Lowri Gwynne.

Speaking of whom, how do people think the story line is going?

S
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

Not really too well for Lowri Walsh, I would say. Will she ever become Lowri Parry?

Will Robbie end up behind bars?

Will Anest and Iolo become an item?

Will Vince blow himself up with that gas cylinder? (and will Owain be trapped and noone know he’s there? (Vince being unconscious).

Will Arthur ever pay his bill to Rhys?

Will Mags be finally be rumbled by everyone who hasn’t already rumbled her and given the bum’s rush that she so richly deserves?

I don’t think so. I think the age difference is going to work against them, not to mention all the other issues.

He’s definitely on a bad road. It’s too bad, because Lowri seems like she’s been a good mum, and they’ve were close. I hope he gets straightened out before things go too far…

Wondering this too. I bet they do, because it’s a soap, after all! :grin: And Anest only wants to be “just friends” with Jason, after all. Jason druan! :heart_eyes:

I hope not, but I bet something is going to go wrong there. Vince seems like a truly nice person. At least Owain hasn’t (yet?) been dragged into Robbie’s criminal mischief.

Yes, because Rhys won’t let Arthur get away with any shenanigans!

I certainly hope so. I’m watching the 3rd series of 35 Diwrnod right now, and her character in that show has a streak of Mags in her! :smile:

My question: Will Kay ever grow up? Even Kelvin is being more mature than she is at this point. Sometimes I don’t know why Ken puts up with her!

Here you go:

I don’t think so – I think she’s “just friends” with him, as with Jason. After all, she only just warmed up to him at all in the course of that episode! Though Jason will probably imagine things that aren’t there.

On the other hand, as @AnnaC said: it’s a soap…

In tonight’s (12-02-2019) episode
(sorry, mini-spoiler)
we learned that he suggested it! So he’s at least partly involved.
At least Kelvin is trying to do the right thing. Curiously, I think something like this might even pull Lowri and Kelvin back together, in spite of everything. Kelvin has got to talk to Lowri about this, and I think he will.

Dani & Jac: Oh dear…Jac is being a rather thoughtless, selfish person, and it’s not the first time he’s gone his own way (like the night that led to the boat trip), in spite of Dani’s wishes.

The unforgiveable sin is, I think, not that he should have ambitions, but that he should just rush into it like this without discussing it properly with Dani. Personally, I thought the salon looked depressing, as did Manchester, but maybe that’s just me… :slight_smile: (I’m told that young people like it…).

Talking of Lowri/Lowri: I’m finally getting properly into “Blasu” by Manon Steffan Ros. For some reason, I have begun to picture the adult Pegi to be just like Lowri’s / Lowri Gwynne’s lovely cousin / sister!

That bit with Owain canes as a surprise! I agree with everything you wrote regarding Kelvin, Dani and Jac. :+1:

Although you’re right about Jac’s behavior, I find this Manchester thing slightly surprising after we just had Jac and Dani swearing undying love after the boating accident. I can’t see Dani working in that salon - it doesn’t seem like her kind of place at all.

Tune in tomorrow… :slight_smile:

And after they had made up after the big bust-up, he said “I’ll never leave you”. And then what seemed like 5 minutes later he’d buzzed off to Copa without her, and against her will. And now he wants to buzz off to Manceinion. OK, he wants to take her with him, but gives the distinct impression that he wouldn’t let her hold him back from going.

Probably the sensible compromise would be for him to become a weekly commuter, working there in the week, and coming home at weekends. While Dani supervised the refurbishment of her own salon. That way, Jac could see whether the soggy streets of Manchester really are paved with gold, and after a reasonable period, they could have another discussion about it all. But that’s not how soaps work, is it? :slight_smile:

I really don’t find Jac’s infatuation with the big city all that convincing.though. After all, he comes from Cardiff, not a village. Cardiff may not be Manchester, but it’s not Glanrafon either, and it’s quite fashionable itself in its own way. Why couldn’t Jac have a friend with a salon in Cardiff? That’s only 14.4 miles (or 24 minutes) from Newport according to google, so she’d be nearer Meical and Michelle, and Jac would be nearer his family. She’d be far away from Lowri and Dad, admittedly, but maybe Wyn could buy her a helicopter…

That was a very sensible paragraph until the end :joy:

I met the lovely Jay and Heledd (Jac and Anest) in Aberystwyth over the weekend. They were really impressed with my Welsh, so SSiW plugging a go go. Both the actors also sometimes struggle to understand Arthur, so it’s not just us!

Lucky you! [insert jealous face here :wink: ]

And congratulations - how nice to be complimented on your Welsh! :star:

Da iawn ti!

Well, Arthur isn’t the most difficult to understand for me.

Now that Meical has left, that would probably be iolo, closely followed by Barry and Philip.

Being nosy, was this a chance meeting, or do you have a contact on /connection with the programme? :slight_smile:

I went to Gwobrau’r Selar, they were there to present one of the prizes. Welsh Celebrity gossip alert: I think the two of them may be together judging by the way they behaved together :heart: