Rownd a Rownd

Found this:

https://eisteddfod.cymru/digwyddiadau/dydd/8-awst-2017/dathlu-rownd-rownd

1 Like

Could she have got away with a Banker’s Draft or a money transfer to another account, basically moving all his savings to where she has instant access? If she can end up with the equivalent of cash, she can go off out of his ken and pay it into her own account. You noticed, I’m sure, that ‘she cannot drive and has no passport’ yet we know she jetted off to the sun when she was supposed to be in boring Bournemouth!

1 Like

I did indeed! :slight_smile:

Give her her due: she has worked hard for her money. She even had to put up with Mr Lloyd’s opened tin of cawl llysiau. That clearly didn’t go down very well.

Edit: great piece of acting, btw, when Mr Lloyd opened the front door to find Michelle inside. The look on Megan’s face at that point …

1 Like

Yn wir!!
It is clear we are heading for a hanging cliff with poor Mr. Lloyd all a-dangle! Especially as Rhys and Will escaped y carchar and D & R can relax and be happy!
Will the first episode in the Autumn have Sian turn up with Megan cuffed and tearful having been picked up driving her pretty white false plated car, evidence of financial ripping off of Mr. Lloyd’s assets beside her on the front seat?

…and Mr Lloyd sadly apologising to Michelle for not taking her seriously …

Finally caught up ready for tonight – and I know it’s a sideshow, but

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

11/07/17

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

11/07/17

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

…do you think Lowri and Kelvin are familiar with the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning? (OK, not much of a spoiler after all that, but still). It’s Arthur’s van, not Kelv’s cooking, isn’t it?

Oh Lord! It was my job! Well not CO effects per se, I was the local expert on ionising radiation, but I just automatically blamed the food!! I was too taken up with Megan to take enough notice! Of course you are right! I do hope they find out in time! A family had a cottage near mine on Gower and all of them nearly died, and one, the dad, did! Blocked chimney. He was already ill and his wife went next door to ask her neighbour, June, a doctor, for help. I should explain that they also had a holiday cottage and June’s practice was in Swansea. Anyway, she advised him to get some rest and she’d see how he was in the morning. So he was in bed from thenceforth. The rest of the family had something to eat, went in and out and went to bed later. In the morning June went to see how he was and got no answer. She ended up getting her husband and neighbour the other side (a big strong farmer) and they knocked the door in. It was clear to June that it was CO, they carried them all out, but the chap was dead. Horrible insidious stuff. But they were not sick. I suppose they all went to bed and were asleep before nausea hit. I have forgotten what was actually wrong with the man in the first place.

Well, I’ve just been sorting out some issues with our van - the main reason I realized I’d completely flattened the leisure battery was that the CO detector had stopped working, so I was kind of primed to twig when Kelvin said “it’s funny us all getting sick at once.” What a sad story about the family, though - rather similar to the one that was in the news a couple of years ago about a poorly-ventilated flue in Greece.

No one even considered the fact that the winter had been worse than any remembered and a snow drift was so high, folk were walking level with the roof of that cottage, which was in a dip of the hill. Soot had been pushed and compacted by snow which turned to ice, because the family never used their cottage in winter! That could never have happened to me, as even when obliged to work in London, I commuted two weekends in three and always went home to Gower for Christmas and New Year! I think that was the year they were digging out the road so my bus could get to Port Eynon! It was before I got my cottage, when I was staying with ‘Auntie’ and I recall taking a step forward on a walk and sinking to my thighs in a drift. Two dogs jumped up and down laughing at me!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

a
l
e
r
t

Oh dear! I didn’t want her to get away! I thought they’d catch her in the act of emptying the house! I do not know enough about cctv and face/form recognition. Can they pick her up in the airport, and which would it be? Liverpool? Poor dab, Mr. Lloyd. I knew about that kind of identity theft, I just didn’t expect someone of her age to! Oh, can they get cctv of her getting that birth certificate? That might help. .And will CO poisoning come out and nasty Arthur get his comeuppance?

1 Like

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Oh, poor Mr. Lloyd! I feel so bad for him! I didn’t pick up on the CO poisoning angle, I figured it was Kelv’s cooking.

Was that the last one until September? :frowning2:

1 Like

Yes. Unless someone able to visit during the ‘open afternoon’ can get the cast to do an impromptu mini-episode!

2 Likes

to @mikeellwood and any who are fans of Ffion Dafis (who played Alwenna). This week she was/is in ‘3Lle’ . It is repeated tomorrow, I think, and sure to be on Clic!

3 Likes

It’s also available in the international section of the S4C website, so people like me from outside the UK are able to watch this, too.
I started watching a bit, but I quickly got intimidated by the speed of her speech, coupled with the more unfamiliar sounds of the North. (I am learning the Southern version mostly)

@Hendrik
Can you not get subtitles and choose between Welsh and English?

On Dal Ati Bore Da heddiw I saw that cast of R&R have donated stuff (mainly clothes) to Save the Children (Achub Plant) to be auctioned at Eisteddfod Genedlaethol, Ynys Mon. Anyone going who wants, say, Barry’s t shirt or Mr Lloyd’s tie…!!

1 Like

Poor Mr. Lloyd and he’s still in denial. Megan even took his wife’s things which I doubt he’ll ever be able to get back :frowning:

I thought it was Kelvin’s cooking that made them ill but CO poisoning could be an issue too. Honestly, that van looked in bad shape. If Arthur can’t get the parking break fixed then who knows what other issues and routine maintenance he’s put off.

Lowri said the wine tasted funny as well. I thought that was an odd statement especially since I think it was before they ate anything.

Megan’s scam reminded me of an episode of “Unsolved Mysteries”. It is a tv show we have in America about well, unsolved mysteries, and sometimes updates after they’ve been solved. An older gentleman was romancing older ladies in Florida, usually widows or divorcees, putting on the charm quickly, and moving in with them. He’d work his charm again to get access to their safes, jewelry, sometimes even bank info, then leave them. I think they were all quick romances too, maybe 6 months or less. He was eventually caught.

I can listen to Mr. Lloyd speak all day. The actor does a great job, I think, with his lines and speech. It is very slow and even toned. It’s like he knows learners will be watching the show, haha.

2 Likes

I like the way he speaks too, he has a very polite, almost formal form to his language. I’ve learned a lot off him.

2 Likes

WHAAAAAT? I’ve only just started watching it! Does it stop for summer? I’m quite addicted already! :grinning:
I have to admit to having subtitles though - I’m so intrigued by the accents that I’m not listening to what’s being said - especially Michelle and Meical.
It has shown me one thing though - I’ve gone from not understanding much of PYC to understanding at least three quarters of it (without subtitles), and when I first put on R&R I felt just the same as when I began with PYC, so my listening skills have certainly developed. Now I just need to Conquer The North!! :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve just discovered this program - really, really enjoyed it!