Rownd a Rownd

This question came up I think in the early days of Level 1 I think.(Oops, I think that sentence came from the Department of Redundancy Department … :wink: ).
And your spelling is correct (but probably only one of a number of “correct” spellings, IIRC! :wink: ).

(The equivalent in the Northern course is “am tua mis”).

2 Likes

Gyda llaw, (at the risk of sounding like a letter to Private Eye) has anyone spotted the resemblance between John Walter, of Radio Cymru…

…and Arthur, of Rownd a Rownd?

Well, maybe the resemblance isn’t that strong, but it’s enough that it still tickles me.

The idea of Arthur, of all people, having incisive debates with philosophers, academics, and intellectuals of all types, just has me chuckling.

http://www.s4c.cymru/rowndarownd/rw/uploads/2010/10/ARTHUR_WEEEELL-960x540.jpg

4 Likes

I don’t know how old this is, but on Dal Ati this morning in ‘Adre’ Nia goes to see Angharad Lloyd (Sophie in R&R)! She lives in Bethesda and her daughter plays Sophie’s daughter, because Angharad was pregnant for real when filming! Well worth a look if you haven’t seen it before! It seems it isn’t Barry who is in the 'sell anything business"! The chap who plays Matthew sells cars and, when Angharad wanted a kitchen for her new house (2015) he got one for her from a friend!

2 Likes

That’s interesting Hen bach.

I wondered if the same was true for Lowri also. I often used to think that the actress playing Lowri was genuinely pregnant when Lowri was. Now the baby is born, and old enough to sit up and take notice, and looks a real little sweetie, and not unlike “Lowri”.

1 Like

It’s rather convenient to make the character pregnant if the actress is :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile:

(To be fair, the baby is also not unlike Kelvin…although I’ve never thought of him as a sweetie exactly… ).

Oh dear, Edwin’s lady friend not quite as she seems!

1 Like

Yes, it seemed like there was something brewing there, when the van turned up at first I though “oops, house clearance time” but all became clear at the end!

1 Like

Or the other way around!

1 Like

@gruntius, I don’t think actresses go as far into ‘method’ as to get pregnant for the part!

Throws the idea of a “casting couch” into an entirely different light! :wink:

1 Like

Do you think she has diddled him then? I thought she was just doing him a nice favour, although the look on her face at the end was a bit suspicious.

No, she paid £150 for the TV and then asked Mr Lloyd for £450.

2 Likes

O bobol bach! I hadn’t spotted that. O diar! And menyn wouldn’t melt…

1 Like

Sabotaging his TV by removing the fuse from the plug? (She gave it the TV chap before he left.)

I presume Mr Lloyd was fine with his old TV and so it was her idea to get a bigger screen… though he seemed pleasantly surprised at the quality of the picture so I suppose that bit ended up being a favour for him after all.

But asking for £450 when it cost her £150 is shady. And paying the chap in cash is a bit shady as well (tax evasion?). (I wonder where the TV came from? “Fell off the back of a lorry”, as they say here in Germany? Maybe in a pizza box?)

Plus the way she looked over his shoulder made me wonder whether she was trying to memorise his signature…

On the other hand, the van pulling around the corner led me to Mr Lloyd’s house!

I believe the “2 Llygad yr Haul” is on Lon Bulkeley at https://map.what3words.com/youthful.exhale.stiffly ; have a look at the Google Street View.

2 Likes

Also, what’s the back-story with Dani and Sophie not getting on with each other?

I don’t think I remember that – perhaps it was from before I started watching or I’m just forgetful?

Lost in the mists of soap-land history…

I laughed out loud when I read that :slight_smile:

I just LOVE Google street view! So much fun!

1 Like

Sophie used to run the salon but got the push then Dani’s dad gave the shop to Dani to run. Some other stuff too but lots of niggles over the years.

2 Likes

And Dani was working in the salon when Sophie was in charge, and initially, Dani was a lowly apprentice who wasn’t even allowed to do people’s hair at first. She had to be content with doing nails. Sophie treated her quite badly really.

There was also a brief episode when Sophie was making a play for Wyn (probably after Wyn and Cathrin broke up). ISTR that Sophie did briefly become a fixture Tŷ Wyn, but it didn’t last long.

(Wyn’s love life has always seemed to be something of a movable feast).

2 Likes