Rownd a Rownd

I’ve had my suspicions about her from the beginning especially with her behavior towards her purse and how she got it. I think she’s using him somehow for money. Pocketing an extra £300 without any shame. She also seemed a bit too eager to inconvenience Meical and Michelle by insisting they watch the tv show over there.

She puts on a good front of being this devoted, polite, person (baking cakes, buying things, etc) but I’m not buying it. I hope Mr. Loyd doesn’t get hurt, he’s so sweet. I think he’s a bit fooled by love.

3 Likes

I do, too! And so useful for planning a trip as well!

I felt a lot more confident on my trip to Wales because I had seen most of the streets before, so I could find my way around a lot better.

Ah thanks!

I wonder how she works now. I’ve never heard of a hairdresser who does house calls, which is what I have the impression she does.

Ah I see, thanks. The two have quite the history then it seems.

She’s also really good at judging what Mr Lloyd’s reactions to her polite refusals will be.

I hope so, too!

Let’s see how all the drama on the show will play out.

Also, any bets on what the breathalyzer results of that little stop will be? I would hope that after a night’s sleep, Llio’d be fine in that respect, though I’m sure the episode didn’t earn her any more respect from her students.

I also found it particularly poignant that in the shot just after Llio was called in to Jim 'Gym’s office, one could a sheet on the pinboard reading, ‘gosod esiampl i’r disgyblion iau bob amser’ (or something like that) – be a good example to younger students at all times.

Looks like she got off with a warning this time; I’m glad for her for that.

1 Like

There are a lot of “mobile beauty technicians” in and around Wrexham, perfect for the elderly, infirm, lazy, etc.

They are not the only profession to do house calls either, if you get me. :blush:

I stand corrected!

1 Like

I only know because there was a lady that turned up once a week on our street carrying a “tool box” into a house and coming out again about an hour later, I was intrigued. Well, I had to ask. Hair, nails and general plastering is what I can gather. :blush:

1 Like

Incidentally, I believe the town where RaR is set is called Glanrafon.

This seems to be from glan yr afon “the bank of the river”, so the town is essentially called Riverbank.

Where to start? On Gower, my hairdresser came to me. She did eventually also have a part-time salon at a holiday village which I could go to if our timings wouldn’t work, but 99% of the time she house-called. An American visitor, hearing a mention, exclaimed, “Your beautician makes house calls?” “She’s a hairdresser.” I said. But it was clear that Heather’s coming to the villages made the first good impression anything British had made on that particular Californian! Here in a village of mid-Argyll, Yr Alban, guess what? My hairdresser, Morven, makes house calls! In neither case is it for the old and infirm alone. Morven doesn’t even have a salon. It is a way of doing business in rural areas!
Poor Mr. LLoyd is a gentleman, He cannot conceive of a nice respectable lady cheating him out of money. He is the sort of man who gets conned out of thousands if he gets on the internet and trolls find him, or on the 'phone, with these rip-off calls!
oh and Diolch @gruntius for explaining about how Dani got the salon. Maybe Sophie was a bitch of a boss, but I can imagine Dani basking in the power Daddy had conferred upon her, the first taste of which would be to make Sophie squirm muchly!!

2 Likes

My “old, infirm or lazy” statement was wholly tongue in cheek, honest. :blush:

Indeed, Sophie was indeed a terrible boss, particularly with Dani, and, you are right, Dani relishes any misfortune Sophie comes across. I think the tables will turn soon, even if not a full 180.

2 Likes

Home visiting hairdressers are quite usual actually, My elderly Mum uses one, but then so do my son and daughter-in-law, and she was recommended to them by friends.

As for the revelations about Mr Lloyd’s lady love, well, I’m shocked; shocked is what I rêli am.
I must be as gullible as Mr Lloyd because I thought she was just a sweet old lady who doted on him.

Mind you, the scriptwriters sometimes play games with us: remember when it looked like the younger folk were going to play a cruel game on him, when it turned out they were just fixing the chapel roof (I think it was) for him, all for free. (or was it his own shed roof…can’t quite remember now, but anyway, it was a genuinely kind gesture).

Edit: I remember: they’d sold some stuff on Ebay for him, and it looked like they might keep the money, but instead, they used it on materials to fix the roof, something he’d wanted to get done, but was worried about the expense.

2 Likes

I have been realising that I am, apparently, a bit odd! We have folk looking on Google street view to find this or that house in R&R. But me, well, I look and see the headland leading to Worm’s Head with an alien planet added to the view, wince, and lose all belief! I see that Gwen & family are supposedly in The Old Rectory, well… but then it gets blown up and I know that isn’t true, even if the NT agreed, the building is too iconic! I see Lan a Llawr and know it is all totally unbelievable because not only is the caravan park at Llangennith not Welsh speaking, but Rhossili is totally monoglot English!

1 Like

You are far from alone.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

(Wyn’s love life has always seemed to be something of a movable feast).
[/quote]

PERFECT description :grin:

1 Like

Fy mhennod cyntaf heno!

Syniad da? Neu dyn drist iawn? :wink:

My first episode tonight!

A good idea? Or a very sad man?

Milk men?

(Milk is not a verb in that question!)

3 Likes

:astonished::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Have you really not watched it? There seem to be quite a few men watching, so you are by no means alone!
Off goes David to see Rhys and …I like Barry and can see bit trouble ahead for him, so dw’i hen ddraig drist.
I’m a sad old dragon!

Well i’ve watched it now…but ending up tutting…insurance??? Yswiriant!!!

@Pete2
That’s what’s in my little app! I don’t suppose they had insurance back when Llewelyn was Tywysog! Picked up word along with the concept perhaps?
Sicrhau (one of my favourite words) does not mean the same thing!

Syniad da, wrth gwrs! :wink:

Yes you get the occasional English word, but it’s not that excessive, and I presume is meant to be realistic in a modern Welsh speaking community (not that I think Menai Bridge is as Welsh speaking as “Glanrafon”).

What I find less realistic is that everyone has bottled milk (unless people still do in North Wales). (I mean, we still have bottled milk (I’m in England), but we are one of a shrinking band).
I used to think it was mainly to give Meical a job, but he hasn’t been a milkman for ages now.

1 Like

…and I heard “facon” (rather than “cig moch”) from Erin. Well, chwarae teg iddi … at least she mutated it, which was more than Glenda did in a later scene.