Rownd a Rownd

I love Michelles little tirades of 'displeasure '(for lack of a better word) - really looking forward to hearing her response when she finds out the truth about Megan…:grin:

2 Likes

I don’t think we even know where he met her – at chapel?

She just showed up in his sitting-room one day, to be seen (by chance) by one of Meical + Michelle.

I thought she was just hiding the ring because it was too ostentatious (see also: wiping off the lipstick) or looked too expensive; it didn’t look like a wedding band to me. She mentioned visiting the grave of her husband Ifan so I thought she was a widow. Though who knows what can be trusted…

I wonder what her goal is? Is it really “take Mr Lloyd for as much as she can”?

Nor would I!

2 Likes

I think the most recent episode was the most blatant “playing it for laughs” episode I’ve seen for a while (and I like that. It can occasionally get a bit heavy). My wife had to ask why I was laughing out loud. As well as Michelle, we had Sophie’s face, as Dani found out about her working in the salon … a picture! :slight_smile: ).

2 Likes

Though fair play to her, I felt she stayed remarkably calm at being called a hwch!

Regardless of how childish she finds the “hide in the closet” antics, I think she has stayed pretty classy despite the names she gets called.

I’m curious how the story will unfold!

(And poor David. The only one in town who’s been honest with Dani…)

2 Likes

Mr Lloyds the perfect character for the scam plot. I’m sure that there are a few other characters there that, if it was happening to them, we wouldn’t quite have the same level of sympathy!
So; plot line 1- someone who needs redemption discovers Megan’s plot by accident and regains the trust and sympathies of the village - I nominate Gareth (the young scallywag) for that one.
Plot line 2 - Megan is actually Gareth grandmother and this is a the culmination of a fiendish plot hatched by them after Gareth’s (the young scallywag) reconnaissance stay in the area last year.
Plot line 3 - Megan is really an undercover HMRC investigator, the TV sale was just because head office hadn’t cleared her expenses claim for last month - no, I don’t buy this one.
Plot line 4 - The dramatic moment, the knock on the door, ‘Oh hello Sian bach’ ‘Sorry Mr Lloyd I’m here not as your third favourite near neighbour character but with my police hat on - Megan’s been rumbled’
Anyway thats as far as my creativity goes this morning without another coffee!

5 Likes

My theory, Megan is still married, not divorced. Her husband has lurked around the district and picked Mr. L as a suitable victim for their latest Con trick. I am hoping something will prevent Megan from stealing all Mr. L’s savings!
NB Are you all sure that is Gareth in Dim Byd? He doesn’t look like the same boy to me. I can’'t find any list of acting credits to check.
@siaronjames I suppose you don’t know about this?

sorry @henddraig, although Dim Byd is one of ‘ours’, Rownd a Rownd isn’t and (dare I say it) I don’t watch Rownd a Rownd (not because it’s not one of ours, just not my viewing preference!). I’ll try a cross check though, to find out who plays Gareth and then see if it rings any bells on the Dim Byd side.

1 Like

ah! the wonders of google! The Gareth Walters character is indeed a Dim Byd regular. His dad is a colleague of mine in fact!

4 Likes

I’m going to have to take a look at Dim Byd, have heard it mentioned a couple of times so will add it to my list!

1 Like

a lot of the Dim Byd stuff is available on youtube :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/user/dimbydtv/videos
(Jac - Gareth W in Rownd a Rownd - is in the Duw a Wyr sketches.)

you may even spot me (briefly) in a certain sketch with a famous Welsh wildlife expert! :wink:

3 Likes

This week? @siaronjames? I don’t even remember if Iolo,was in it! I will rewatch if I missed you! I was too busy not recognising Gareth W!

many thanks, on to that now!

I don’t know about this week - it’s certainly up on the youtube account though. (I’m the driver in the red woolly hat! :wink: )

2 Likes

Any chance of a link, Siaron? I’ve whistled through 4 episodes without spotting you!

just for you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vnB8l1vdDg

4 Likes

@siaronjames Not sure if it’s because I’m in the US, but I only see clips…are you guys able to watch full episodes? I did see you in the clip you linked though! :slight_smile:

Welcome back @henddraig …well, at least I hope you are back. Your name is still “greyed-out” as though you were a ghostly presence, but I am sure you are as 100% alive as ever…eniwe…

I love your theory, and I agree I think. Megan and hubby (or partner) are also partners in crime.

Mr Lloyd will need all his wits about him (or a good friend or friends (Meical? A good hearted soul, if a bit of a rough diamond)) to help him counter the double con-team.

yes, the youtube account is generally individual sketches - the programmes are basically a bunch of these. unfortunately putting the programmes up as a whole can cause problems because lots of sketches contained 3rd party material and archive clips which (due to budget constraints) could only be licensed for UK viewing.

2 Likes

Oh, @siaronjames! Diolch yn fawr! I’ve never watched Youtube. However do you find anything on it? Is it a subscription thing? I think I will continue to rely on friends sending links! That clip was typical Dim Byd, short and sweet and so fast moving, if I’d blinked, I’d have missed you!

1 Like

Diolch. Mike! Dwi yn ôl! Forgot to mention David, financial consultant and Rhys, y garej, as possible saviours of Mr. L!!!

2 Likes