Rownd a Rownd

This is true. And he’s just been reintroduced after a long time away, so that’s probably more than a one-off. But he seemed genuinely dismayed at Philip’s reaction when they all went to visit him. I’m hoping he’s going to turn his life around. So while I can see why you think so, I have my doubts. I guess we’ll just have to wait until Tuesday, when you all will know 5 hours before I do! :unamused: I do appreciate those spoiler warnings in the posts, btw!

2 Likes

Thanks a million for that @AnnaC It reminds us that some people are in different time zones!!

3 Likes

I wondered that when I saw the hair, too.

Oh, and thanks also from me for the spoiler space!

Thanks to time zones, I often don’t get around to seeing it until a day or three later as well.

1 Like

Well, we’ve got a ways to go yet. If I remember right from last year, it went into June, I just like to remind myself that its coming…:disappointed:

I wonder why we weren’t privy to the text David got outside of his car after Dani’s doctor appointment. I suppose it was Rhys, given the bad mood he seemed to be in when Wil came to the garage.

4 Likes

No, I’m not quite buying the Gareth theory. Surely if he wanted to make a reappearance he’d gravitate towards Kylie, one of the members of staff connected with the school or someone connected with his foster care.
Now does Barry have a long lost brother/family member lost in the mists of RaR memory before I arrived at planet RaR? It was such a familial level of recognition from him that I can’t see that working with Gareth (but of course I’m likely to be wrong and therefore stand corrected!)

1 Like

Barry has two younger brothers that I am aware of. The younger one was Dale, and I’ve forgotten the name of the older one.

I think the older one went off to live with his dad. I can’t remember why the younger one went; maybe the same reason.

Unless the brothers are in trouble with the law, I don’t think they’d have any reason to creep about and hide. But Gareth almost certainly would have good reason to keep his presence secret.

By the way, I don’t think it was Gareth who knocked down Kylie (she would have recognised him anyway), so I don’t think the person that Barry has just apprehended was the knocker down of Kyle either, i.e. there are at least two mysterious strangers vaguely lurking around.

3 Likes

And weren’t there two of them that stole the pizza boxes from Vince’s car?

Remember before Angharad got pregnant she and Jason (the older brother) were having a fling? They were in the middle of a spat about the party chweched which led to Angharad and Dylan geting together the night of the party and when Jason found out that she was pregnant with Dylans’ baby, Jason couldn’t deal with it and went off to live with his dad (in Caergybi maybe?, can’t remember exactly).
So I thought of Jason as a likely suspect too, but the hair color was pretty light - Jason had dark hair like Barrys.
This is so fun, can’t wait to find out…

3 Likes

Oh I just realized I misread your post @mikeellwood - but Dale has dark hair too, doesn’t he?

I just heard that speeding penalties for serious offences are going up from 100% of weekly income. I thought the fine mentioned in R&R was £300. The speed did not merit highest fine and the lad is still at school, so why a fine so high?

Thanks for that, always interested in getting some more backstory filled in! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oes, dw i’n meddwl.

3 points and £100, I believe, for doing 34 in a 30.

Well, at that time, that was the highest possible fine, which seems a bit much for someone not earning!

Agreed!

“Are you fine? Yes. Are you in pain? No, I just need some fresh air.”

Argh!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T
So, those of you who thought of one of Barry’s siblings - Da iawn! But I bet none of you thought of the reason! I had not met Jason before, so could not form an opinion, just ‘not Gareth’!
So will Megan go shopping for ‘luxury chutney’ on line, run for cover, or turn up with arm in sling, having
‘had a little accident, Edwin, nothing serious, but so sorry about not being well enough to cook all that chutney’ -?

2 Likes

m
o
r
e

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

h
e
r
e

Yes well, it’s not really Jason…they’ve done another of those “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” pod body-replacement jobs.

Real Jason was just as bolshie though.

The dad seems like a real piece of work doesn’t he? But we could have guessed that.

I haven’t fully sussed out whether Sian has worked out exactly what happened…I need to go and re-watch, but I think she might have, what with her being a detective and all… :slight_smile:
(She also might have heard quite a lot of their conversation before she came in the room).

Edit: I wonder if Megan got a copy of Mr Lloyd’s keys made…?

1 Like

Snap! (First thing I thought of when he gave them to her!)
Re-Hardy, Dad of Jason, Barry and Dale, I gather he is called Ben. Lovely man! :wink: (Don’t know emoji for sarcastic look!) But, as I understand it, he must have been married to sweet, genuinely nice and well-meanng (in fact too easily put-upon) Iris, Her ability to pick ‘wrong-uns’ seems to be unparalleled!
But she seems much older than him? Or is that the effect of living with him and then Arthur?? Or has Ben had a body-snatch?? Or both?
Please scriptwriters, have Iris save Mr. L from Megan-bitch and then… he’s rather old for her, but he’d make sure she only worked if she wanted to and was cossetted muchly!!

I guess we should have seen that one coming since he’s been out of the picture for so long.[quote=“mikeellwood, post:377, topic:578”]
Real Jason was just as bolshie though.
[/quote]

Uhhhh…bolshie? as in rebel?

That’s it. Old Jason (at least in the time I watched it) always seemed to have a permanent snarl on his face, and didn’t come over very well (although he came out with some funny remarks sometimes). New Jason actually seems a bit more good natured.

Do you remember (were you watching) when she and Vince tried to make a go of it? This was after he first managed to escape :slight_smile: from Sophie. Edit: And Iris had wisely kicked Arthur out after his affair with the caravan woman came to light. Vince is a nice chap, but I think Iris found him a bit too tame. She apparently likes the danger and excitement (?) that Arthur apparently brings her. She’d have been better off with “boring” Vince…