Rownd a Rownd

Fair play to John for letting Wil drive Erin and friends to Bala (where Rhys’s actor comes from if I’m not mistaken!)!

And I wonder how David is going to extricate himself… he’s getting connected to Dani more and more strongly every other episode, it seems, with the house, now the holiday…

1 Like

No, how did I miss that? I do remember her fling with Nels’ dad/Sians’ brother - I was sad that didn’t work out…Was that before Vince had the crush on Lowri which led to the divorce?

Omaigod…yes, you are right…it wasn’t Vince at all, it was Nel’s Dad - sorry! (Arwyn?).
Well he was pretty “boring” and reliable, and not “exciting” (i.e. unreliable) like Arthur.

embarrassment :slight_smile:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

So, the law will have its way! Good for R&R not to suggest naughty switching is easy and OK!
Not my solution to the chutney problem, but clever!
And, if a 32 year old chap got off with his cariad’s daughter, people would be shocked and blame him. But nobody sees the goings-on with Leanne as her fault! Sexism is rife!

1 Like

O’r annwyl! It’s turned into a right old llanastr though hasn’t it?

Mind you, Iris’s middle-aged ex going off with a 32 year old isn’t exactly a shining example is it.

2 Likes

If that isn’t also a body transfer, I will say he’s aged well!!

1 Like

Found this ancient picture via Google images:

There’s a much younger Nain, Michelle, and presumably the toddler (?) is baby Britney?

And that has to be Dani in front of Nain, isn’t it?

(Don’t recognise the two on the right. This would be years before I started watching it).

Check out the skirt that Michelle is almost wearing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could not get this page to load in my browser before. It’s where the picture above came from:

I had some shorter, back in the day, and, in summer, fairly skimpy tops too!! My dad used to mutter that such garments should cost less, due to lack of material. Mind, he took a pic of me washing our Alsatian with the hose. It was a back view of me, I was bending slightly and my skirt… well. I was very cross when he sent it to my step-brother in US!!

This isn’t really a spoiler, so no spoiler warning …
…02 Mai 2017

Another real location sighting. At about 19m 11s in, we see Rhys sitting in The Liverpool Arms.

He’s looking out of the window, and I think he is supposed to be looking at David who is standing on the balcony of his flat.

Oh in a few seconds we then see an interior shot of Rhys, his back now to the window, and through the window we can actually see David on his balcony.

So unless there has been some clever camera / cgi trickery, David’s apartment really is near the Liverpool Arms.

Liverpool Arms, St Georges Road, Menai Bridge, Isle of Anglesey, Wales, LL59 5DR

Not sure if this link will work:

Or this:

1 Like

OK interesting detective work, but I admit, I prefer not to know locations too well. I have said elsewhere that believability is ripped away when you know a location very well and the filming is done to make places seem closer, further away or just different!
I rather enjoyed the twists and turns of the chutney saga!
Of course, it’s too much to hope that Megan has learned a lesson - she’ll just be more careful in future or speed up the nasty plan!
Talking of nasty, Jason seems to be a chip off an unpleasant block! Barry may get into bad company when trying to make money, but he isn’t exploitative, and Dale seemed a nice lad!
mmmm… I should know where Dale went, but I’ve forgotten. Would someone remind me please?

1 Like

I vaguely thought he had also gone to live with his dad in Caergybi, but I could well be wrong.
I assume that Dale will be sensible enough not to fall for the attractions of his dad’s cariad. No doubt the appalling dad will have bent his ear about what happened to Jason.

When Mr Lloyd was looking very ill, it crossed my mind whether Megan had got him to change his will in her favour. I don’t think we have heard about any children or grandchildren that Mr Lloyd might have had.

I always worry about trivial details: What did poor Meical have for lunch after all? (I hate to see good food go to waste…).

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T
Oh dear. I am sorry for Jac! What does he do now? He surely wants to run and tell Dani! BUT! It would hurt and upset her and she might not believe him, might convince herself it’s mistaken identity! Ideally, he will tell David what he saw and deadline him to admit his true nature to Dani and get with Rhys!
I really, really do not like Erin! I think she hates the idea of her Dad being happy with a woman, she has turned Wil against Sian… Bitch! (Well acted mind!)

Or perhaps tell David that if he doesn’t fess up to Dani, he will tell who landed him in the hospital at the beginning of the season - that is if he (Jac) isn’t still worried about Davids knowledge of his past coming to light…next week should be VERY interesting…

2 Likes

And I’m quite sure Jac still has feelings for Dani, which ups the ante…

3 Likes

That was what caused my ambivalence about which way he should turn!
To @debw12 I’d forgotten David knew Jac’s past! That adds another fruissance! Yes, Tuesday will be …diddorol! (Interesting)

2 Likes

But Jac also “has something” on David, i.e. he knew perfectly well that David had taken his wallet and phone after Jac was knocked unconscious (by David, but I think not intentionally). The idea was for it to look like Jac had been mugged by some stranger.

But when Jac recovered consciousness, he made it perfectly clear to David that he knew David was the guilty party. David had to buy him a new phone. (I don’t know if he also made recompense for the contents of the wallet). It was a right old smonach / llanastr for David really (just like he’s in now actually! For a boring finance-type person, he seems to lead a dangerous life …).

I think Jac will definitely force the issue, and make David come clean with Dani. Whether that will lead to true happiness for him (Jac) and Dani, remains to be seen.

As for David and Rhys, I think that relationship is doomed, somehow.

BTW, I seem to remember that Rhys had confided in Barry about him and David. Barry and Rhys were old friends (before Rhys came into the programme, but it was made clear when they met again, after many years. Think they had played football together). Barry seems to have kept quiet about it though. So one way or another, David’s secret is out.

Yes - a chance shot of David and Rhys outside the flat, with the Liverpool Arms in the background, several weeks ago was what first led me to the location.

I think your second shot is a bit off, though – you should turn a bit to the left, though, and look at the second row of houses:

(The yellow right-hand house half is where I believe they live.)

So did I!

At first I was wondering who was going to blame whom (Megan for passing off shop-bought chutney as her own, or Michelle for putting in centuries-old whatever-it-was – onions?).

And then it turned out to be someone else in the end after all!

I’ll say!

And I wonder what Kay has to say about him leaving Kylie alone by herself so often.

1 Like

Oh what a tangled web we weave…

3 Likes