Rownd a Rownd

That’s what I thought of as a ladder - I meant, not proper stairs! A set up that was obviously dangerous! More so than a proper ladder, actually!

1 Like

Yes, which is why Terry felt so guilty after the accident even though it wasn’t his fault.

That’s what I was picturing, and didn’t describe very well. Good clarification! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course – which is why she had no business being there without the sort of equipment (hard hat, proper shoes, hi-vis vest) and training that builders have!

2 Likes

Well, well, look who’s here:

…and for those who don’t remember him:

http://www.s4c.cymru/rowndarownd/e_/cymeriadau/alwyn

(he left the programme not long after Nel died).

I was very new to R&R when Nel died and he left. I know him better from Y Gwyll now!
I tried R&R eventually when I got fed up with Cwmderi! Somehow I find the characters in R&R much more… not exactly more likeable… I definitely do not like Erin, Arthur, Megan, Jason, Wyn… to name but a few. But in real life nobody likes everyone they know and I can sympathise with even Dani in her current situation - but will go back to animosity for ‘spoiled brat’ as soon as she is totally free of pain!

1 Like

Even the characters that are not exactly likeable are often very entertaining, e.g. Wyn and Arthur. And I think Wyn wants to be a hard-hearted tycoon type of person, but he’s actually too soft-hearted in reality. He lets Dani get her own way most of the time. And I like the fact that he wanted to employ old-fashioned traditional builder Terry, rather than the younger, cheaper (but possibly cowboy-) builders that David favoured.

1 Like

This good point about Wyn is excellent! I am a terrible cynic and thought he employed Terry et al to keep in with the neighbours! (Nasty old dragon that I am!!)

Well there may have been a bit of that as well. :slight_smile: He always has his eye out for the main chance, but I feel he’s not exactly a dyn drwg.

Another one I was going to comment on was Sophie. Half the time she goes around with a face that could sour milk (I’ll bet there is a good Welsh way of saying that), but occasionally she will come out with something that makes me laugh. And her ongoing battle with Dani does sometimes have its amusing side.

I can only find a literal translation! @Iestyn @CatrinLliarJones Can you help with the real saying a Cymro Cymraeg would use?

Oh dear! Poor David! Poor Rhys! What now? Midnight flit? But where to? Rhys has the garage to run there! If I was him, I.'d scream out there and then, “No! This is all wrong! Sorry Dani, dwi medru ddim priodi di!”

O Mam bach! (to borrow a phrase from Michelle).

I was just thinking that Mair really looked like Sophie, so checked the cast list:

Sophie - Angharad Llwyd
Mair - Gwenno Llwyd-Beech.

So presumably, it really is “Sophie’s” daughter.

I have a distinct feeling that I read or saw something about many of the cast having their own children working alongside them, although some have gone to other series, or the child stayed and parent moved to another show. I must try Googling and will report back!
EDIT: tried and failed to find anything. I don’t think I imagined it, but it must have been an interview with one or more actress!!

1 Like

I think I’ve mentioned before that I think Lowri’s daughter (whose name I have temporarily forgotten) looks a bit like Lowri (who is played by an actor called Lowri). (Mind you, she also looks a bit like Kelvin). But it looked to me like Lowri’s alter ego was really pregnant, when Lowri was.

Was wondering about asking on the RaR offical Facebook page. Occasionally the programme makers do reply there.

I may have seen the interview in Dal Ati one Sunday a.m. An excerpt from Heno or Prynhawn Da.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T
Well, not how I imagined it, but clever script writing!
But lots of lies around - almost as bad as life at the Senedd!

1 Like

M
o
r
e
S
o
i
l
e
r

a
l
e
r
t

I’d just been thinking, what if Sophie found out the truth about David, and then went and “rained on Dani’s parade”…and then that’s exactly what happened!
poor old Dani.
but it was bound to come to something like this, sooner or later, wasn’t it?
poor old David too, really.
And poor old Rhys.

…and yes, clever script-writing. Not really the way I thought it might happen.

1 Like

M
OR
E

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
I hope Rhys will forgive David and give him a cwtch! After all, David quite gratefully accepted the chance to ‘admit’ that he’s gay and grovel to Dani! It wasn’t David’s fault that Dani’s relatives all leaped to conclusions and put him in a dreadful position.

1 Like

No - bigmouth Michelle was the main culprit there.

Dani’s northern pronunciation of “honest” stood out in that episode: “onast

1 Like

Dani: You can’t throw David out of his own house.

On the other hand:

David: Wyn is going to come round and break your legs!

@henddraig’s suggestion of a moonlight flit is looking more and more like a good option for David!

Just noticed that there are a couple of nice videos on the Rownd a Rownd website to celebrate Philip Hughes (Mr Lloyd)'s 80th birthday:

http://www.s4c.cymru/rowndarownd

1 Like