Rownd a Rownd

hmm…yes, but don’t widows normally carry on wearing their wedding rings?
(i.e. so the presence of a ring doesn’t necessarily imply a current husband).

Or is her story that she is a spinster?

But anyway, her wanting to conceal the ring is obviously germane to the storyline, so I shall watch it develop with added interest! Thanks for the reminder @gruntius. :slight_smile:

1 Like

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

No current theory on how Megan is operating rwan, but I do notice she uses a lot of South idioms.
My reaction to Barry et al was ‘Da iawn ti!’ But I can see everyone is messed up. I still think Dani deserves to have her balloon popped. Beth wyt ti’n meddwl @mikeellwood?

1 Like

When re-watching the proposal scene, before the opening credits, I thought she was mouthing “phew”, and also looked very relieved, as though this had been the grand plan all the time.

But as she makes it clear (behind his back) that she’s not interested in the things that he’s interested in, then surely she doesn’t really want to marry him. Maybe an “angry” husband will turn up after all, and demand money to go away. However, I think something like this was your original theory @henddraig.

In a way I think Barry is doing the right thing, but it was bound to cause trouble, which neither David nor Rhys want.

As Lowri says, it’s a “llanast”.

But back to Megan and Edwin: When she was asking him if 3 weeks was enough time to arrange everything, was she really asking herself: is 3 weeks enough to sort out the joint account…?

I am totally sure that is her target. What I’m confused by are the signs that she has quite a lot of money - car, jewelry, hols abroad on zero notice… is Edwin’s money worth her while? I suppose she has to keep topping the pot! And maybe have enough for hubby too, if he does exist!

1 Like

If she is a serial fraudster,
maybe an arresting crew will turn up at the wedding (just in time).
Just an idea and it is a soap.

Cheers J.P.

3 Likes

I vote for this! Syniad da iawn! (A great idea!) :star:

I’m not sure if I think Megan is currently married - I know we saw her remove a ring, as Geraint pointed out, but I thought she was removing it because it was fancy and expensive, not because it was a wedding ring. She tones down her makeup before she sees Mr. Lloyd, and keeps her nice car hidden. She can pop off for fancy vacations. So she has money, and seems to live a nice life. But she doesn’t want Mr. Lloyd to know, and she’s manipulated him into a wedding proposal even though it’s clear she doesn’t really like him. So I think she’s just after more money, even though she appears to have plenty already. Maybe it’s running out, and she has to maintain her private lifestyle. I wonder if we are going to get a resolution before the summer break! I don’t want Mr. Lloyd to get hurt any more than he has to :frowning2:

2 Likes

I second that! OK wedding 13/07. Anyone know date Summer break starts? Please not 11/07!!! Or even 13/07 as it could still hang from a cliff! “does anyone know of any just cause or impediment…?”

Summer break: I’m not sure, but I seem to remember it comes back some time in September, probably in the latter part of the month. Perhaps it stops in August, which means there won’t be many episodes left after 13th July.

…oh here is a clue from last year:

http://www.s4c.cymru/caban/?p=14267&lang=en

Alwena’s life hangs in the balance in Rownd a Rownd

— July 8, 2016
It’s going to be an explosive week in Rownd a Rownd because after an arson attack on the café and shop, Alwena will be left fighting for her life in hospital.

But after this week’s episodes on Tuesday, 12 and Thursday, 14 July, fans will have to wait to find out Alwena’s fate as the soap opera takes a break over the summer holidays. Rownd a Rownd will restart on Tuesday, 13 September, as the Anglesey based soap opera celebrates 21 years since it started on S4C.

oo-er…I think that means 13th July this year will probably be the last episode of this series!
The wedding’s going to be a cliffhanger folks!

(ahem, and some of us remember what happened at Calum and Cherry’s wedding, which I think also ended on a summer cliffhanger…goodness, is it that long ago…?)

1 Like

I think you may have a point there Anna.

2 Likes

Agree with @AnnaC and you, Mike. I now vaguely recall the ‘look’ of the ring, definitely dress not a plain wedding band! And not the sort of thing a wife of Edwin Lloyd would wear! She would go for understated elegance, not glitz!

Oh dear! So, “Does anyone know any just cause or impediment…?” Poor Edwin bach!

1 Like

He will have the summer to recover, anyway.

I’d like to pick a bone with Michelle for calling him “bo-ring!”. He seems quite active for a man of his age, and how many “exciting” 80-year-olds does she know?

1 Like

He’s a lot fitter than I am, but then it is clear he didn’t start smoking at 14, or ever!

1 Like

Agreed.

And did Meical have to make such a scene in front of everyone? Things were running a bit awkwardly in the café, perhaps, but at least quietly, until he made a fuss.

As an aside, I have an idea now where the garage might be. Unfortunately, Google Street View doesn’t go down that alleyway so I can’t easily check. I may need to schedule another trip to Menai Bridge….

That will surely be an interesting storyline.

And thank you, Urban Dictionary, for telling me what a “bunny boiler” is.

Meanwhile, what’s the story with Dewi and university?

As Mathew said, dropping out after half a year is understandable, but sticking it out for two years and then throwing in the towel? And he had said he’d enjoyed it. I wonder what was going on there.

Guess, based on personal experience when young. He had huge fun! Of course, no time for work. Managed to scrape through whatever was essential at the end of first year. Had more fun in Year 2 and finally realised that he couldn’t get through the course work, never mind exams. Failing exams OK, “sorry dad, worked really hard but I guess I’m not as bright as we thought” but,course work? Lack of essays? So started to try to get someone else to do it for him,ended up buying, probably a lot more than one! Knows he can’t have fun if he goes back. Only wants the fun! Will he grow up? I did, the hard way!

1 Like

Thanks for the personal insight :slight_smile:

slightly loosely based! In my day, in my subject, course work didn’t count! Mind, my dad knew very well, that if I’d worked, i’d have passed! "But Dad, some people peak early! I’m like that! " Ended up working and qualifying part time! Should have changed subjects. part of my problem was boredom. but not being in trouble with my Grant authority was my main motivation! Oh, and I did have fun! And I did change subjects, eventually! By accident and luck!

1 Like

Cherchez la femme? (or perhaps: chwilio a’r ferch?).

1 Like

Unless he’d prefer Rhys or David?

Or he’s not sure which direction to go in…? (But I’m not sure RaR could stand more than one storyline at a time along those lines… might be more Pobol Y Cwm’s territory).

Alwenna
I know many of you are fans of Ffion Dafis. She is in the episode of Mynyddoedd y Byd which I just started to watch. having recorded it. I cannot be sure if she is in all episodes! will try to find out!
EDIT - as far as I can tell, itisa different presenter each time!

1 Like