Rownd a Rownd

@AnnaC - I’m doing Southern too - I feel much more accustomed to the open sound of the southern accents! There are some accents in PYC that I have to concentrate hard on too - a couple of northern ones, and one southerner who just seems to hiss at everyone! As time goes on it all makes more sense. One day I shall delve into R&R without subs and see what happens :fearful:
@gruntius - I used to work for someone who spoke English and didn’t seem to use any consonants. Strangely, his dad used to speak with no vowels! Talking to them both used to make my brain feel like soup (a sensation I now welcome thanks to SSIW :wink:). I often thought they should be popped in a bag and shook up together…

4 Likes

Well as I feared, while I was away on holiday, I was unable to watch RaR, even though it’s an international programme. It seems the internet connection we had just wasn’t up to it.

Anyway, caught up now.
So Megan was just as bad as we thought.
I find her modus operandi a bit strange though. The house can’t have been unattended all that long, so not much time for her accomplice (s) to loot it.

And I can’t see them getting much for his telly and Lena’s jewelry. Surely the big prize was his bank account which we know was quite substantial and for which no break-in was necessary.

And I’d assumed the idea of her staying at the hotel was to give her something like a 12-16 hour (at least) window to get away after (presumably) emptying his bank account.
But she only seems to have left the hotel at the time you’d expect if she was going through with the wedding.

As you say @henddraig, poor dab. What he needs now is Alwenna, rather than Philip (who is trying his best)

Interesting that the trick Megan used with the birth certificate (i.e. finding someone who was born at about the right time but who had died as a child ) is the same one used by The Jackal in the novel by Frederick Forsythe (and in the Edward Fox film).

Belated “diolch” for this @henddraig. I’ve now just watched it via Clic. A lovely little programme.

Are you going to the R&R ‘open afternoon’ and/or the auction at the Eisteddfod?

I would really love to, but I doubt if it would be logistically possible for me.

I know the feeling!

1 Like

If anyone goes to the R&R Open Afternoon and/or the auction at Eisteddfod Genedlaethol, please take pictures and post them in this thread!! Pretty please with bells on!! :bell: :bell: :bell:

1 Like

We were on Ynys Môn today and stopped off in Porthaethwy for a bag of chips on the way home and took these quick snaps as we passed …

5 Likes

No K-Kabs vehicles? Ken must have been out on a job.

There were 3 (2 cars and a minibus) parked in a car park about 100yds up the road. We parked on the next street outside Arthur’s house.

2 Likes

I can’t quite read what it says above the doorbells by Ty Pizza.
Any offers?

I had a look on my original photo and it says “mind your business you nosey so-and-so!”

2 Likes

I think a couple of the R&R cast are in the special concert for Hedd Wyn’s centenary (100 years since he was slaughtered in WW1) at the Eisteddfod. It’s on S4C tonight at 8.15 p.m. It is called Hedd Wyn: A Oes Heddwch?"
I also saw the actor who plays Arthur rehearsing for something, but I’ve forgotten what it was. I was fighting the instant antipathy! The poor man can’t help being cast as a nasty minded selfish git and I have to stop seeing Arthur and start seeing him!
edit! see later.

1 Like

Ok, it actually says
“canwch y gloch
o.g.y.dd
Please ring the bell”

2 Likes

Did you happen to notice what that sign above K-Kab’s window & garage door says?

I can just about make out “RowndaRownd”. Presumably it’s advertising the open day(s).

3 Likes

Gwyn Vaughan (Arthur) was at Theatre Genedlaethol rehearsing “Wylfa”. Look in BBC Cymru Fyw!

does anyone @mikeellwood? know who plays Kylie? I’ll swear I saw her competing in the Eisteddfod, but it must have been her double because I can’t imagine professional actresses are allowed. Or are they?

Almost certainly was her actually. I’ve seen video of her on Youtube performing in previous Eisteddfods.

Leisa Gwennllian.

A very talented youhg lady.

1 Like

that’s the girl! she seems to have won the Monologue and the Passage from Scriprure for her age group (12-15 inclusive) .
edit - it was the solo recitation I saw, I’ve just seen the result and she won that too!

2 Likes