Rownd a Rownd

it is very king of you to thank me for turning this thread in an unjustified direction. Basically, the conclusion in the Blue Books that the Welsh were immoral tweeked a reaction! The Chapel congregations set out to make sure nobody could accuse them of immorality and became very narrow minded. And it was not just in Welsh speaking areas that the Chapels had to teach reading. It certainly happened in our part of Gower!

1 Like

So, back tomorrow, 12 Mis Medi 2017, 19:30

Mini-spoiler below from S4C Amerlenni
ā€¦

Cyfres newydd. Gan bod y cywilydd o gael ei dwyllo gan Megan wedi torri calon - ac ysbryd - Mr Lloyd, maeā€™n ei chael hiā€™n anodd wynebuā€™r byd. Mi fydd cefnogaeth ei ffrindiau yn gefn iddo. Mae byw dan yr un to yn anodd i Iolo a Llio ac mae Iolo yn falch o gael mynd iā€™w waith i osgoiā€™r tensiwn. Y tensiwn yn y gwaith syā€™n creu cur pen i Jac - mae Dani yn bod mor afresymol efo staff y Salon nes bod Jac yn amau nad oes ond un ateb iā€™r broblem.

Wonder if Jac is going to reveal to Dani his true feelings for herā€¦?

And I wonder if Megan has ā€œhad her collar feltā€ yet?

Sa iā€™n gallu aros!/I canā€™t wait! :slight_smile:

1 Like

is there anywhere with which we do not have extradition agreements? Mind, first they have to prove her real identity! I can see she is unlikely to pick North Korea, Russia etc, but ?? I suspect very long delay folowed, when we have nearly forgotten her, by Wynā€™s Spanish connections striking gold!

I had a lovely chat with ā€œMeganā€ on the bus into the eisteddfod and told me a secret and a fair few hints about her story but swore me to secrecy. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ah, so you think she might be on ā€œThe Costa Del Crimeā€ then? Good thought (also about Wynā€™s connections).

Come to think, how did/do all the crims manage to survive for so long on the ā€œcosta Del Crimeā€? After all, weā€™re both in the EU (for nowā€¦), so youā€™d think extradition wouldnā€™t be a problem. However, I can think of reasons (Gibraltar?) why the Spanish authorities might not fall over themselves to help the British authorities sometimes.

Then there is Brazil: Ronnie Biggs managed to stay there for as long as he wanted, although admittedly, that was (I think) because he had a son who was born there, rather than anything else.
And I donā€™t think Megan is likely to produce a son (or daughter) at her time of life.

Oh, that must have been great! Now, Iā€™ll be careful how I ask this :slight_smile:
Do you think weā€™ll be seeing her again?

But back to extradition, etc: Iā€™m not sure she will go far actually (except for another nice holiday). After all, it appeared she wasnā€™t living all that far away. just somewhere else on Ynys MĆ“n that was probably somewhere that the people of Glanrafon were unlikely to go to. And although her alias was ā€œbustedā€, they still donā€™t know her real name. And I suspect sheā€™s a bit arrogant, and is sure sheā€™ll get away with it, and has little fear of pursuit. And hopefully this will make her careless.

I guess my current plot idea is that she has a family somewhere, possibly some of them in sunny Spain, children already grown, grandchildren thriving. Every so often, she fancies supplementing the family income and finds a vulnerable patsy to rip off. She doesnā€™t return to the same place and uses the identity of a different dead baby each time. This would give the police an incentive to try to deal with her, which they would lack for an elderly first offender! I supose not too much of an incentive or they might track her down faster than my theory postulated! Did Alwenna ever meet her? Is that lad going or gone back? - sorry- terrible memory me!

Not sure, but probably not.

I think he has gone backā€¦

Join the clwb! :slight_smile:

1 Like

well, quietly sad, Jac should find a nice girl. (Are there any round there?) Mr Lloyd surely doesnā€™t believe it was all Michelleā€™s fault! Will wait to see what transpires.

Heā€™s still in denialā€¦

ā€¦and what about Cathryn and Iolo? - I thought that was going to be a story about Cathryn being attacked on the way home. Instead of which it panned out quite differently. Poor old Vinceā€¦

Jac should have spoken for Dani a long time ago. Seems like it might be too late now.

To be honest, I am glad. Dani is very much spoiled brat, if not as bad as Erin. Jac deserves better - a nice, caring girl who is fond of him and not just herself. A rare commodity in R&R land!!

1 Like

S
P
O
IL
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

1. I hadbnā€™t even noticed who Iolo was snogging last tiime.
  2. So much for my plotting ability! I never thought she could nick more than the Ā£19,000 we knew he had! Can they prove she took it out, not him? Oh, maybe not prove she arranged the loan, if it was done on line, butā€¦? Poor Twp!
    I wonder what dire consequences will stem from Kylieā€™s party.

ā€¦
ā€¦
I had not thought of her taking out a loan in his name. Even worse than stealing what he had - putting him into debt. At least it should convince him that sheā€™s a bad lot (which he seemed unable to accept).

Had she already cleared out the Ā£19,000 or whatever it was in his account, I wonder?
Perhaps not.

They should be able to trace where the money was paid out to, but it will no doubt be in the name of one of her aliases for which she had false documents. I donā€™t know how sheā€™d get the money out to a ā€œsafeā€ (for her) place without being traced, but no doubt there are ways. Iā€™ve heard that in real life cases, banks arenā€™t always as helpful to the victims as you would like them to be ā€¦

ā€¦but hopefully, Mr Lloyd should not be held liable for the loan, since with SiĆ¢nā€™s help, he should be able to prove that it was a fraud by Megan.

If she had cleaned out the account (as well as the money from the loan), I doubt if heā€™ll get any of it back, unless they can catch Megan before she spends it, which seems unlikely.

I wouldnā€™t think there was much doubt, as long as she could get it without suspicions being raised about the whole situation. She was out to grab every last farthing, piece of jewelry and item of any value she could get. She seems to have had help with a van, whom I presumed was in the same ā€˜tradeā€™ and possibly a relation. Any CCTV near Mr. Lloydā€™s house? Pics of vehicle might be useful! - Unless the owner can convince all of total innocence, just a Hire Firm!
p.s. Isnā€™t the Iolo Affair a bit odd? Proximity syndrome rules!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

Damned scriptwriters! Saw that coming very late when Erin and Sian set off! Iā€™ll swear there are some folk they have marked out as patsies to be damaged as often as possible. It was not nice to have it confirmed that aged bitch had truly ripped Mr. L off for everythingā€¦ Oh Lordā€¦ anyway she could have taken his house out from under him and flogged that? Deeds and land transfers take for ever here in Scotland and cost a lot, but Iā€™m not well informed about rules in Wales, my solicitor did it all!

ā€¦

.[quote=ā€œhenddraig, post:615, topic:578ā€]
Damned scriptwriters! Saw that coming very late when Erin and Sian set off! I
[/quote]

Beth y goblyn was SiĆ¢n doing, taking a new learner out in the dark in bad weather?! Asking for trouble (but I suppose it fitted in with the plot).

I was thinking that poor David and Rhys donā€™t have much luck.

Mr Lloyd: I was hoping heā€™d go straight round and see SiĆ¢n, but he seems to want to keep it secret. And now he might not have David around to help him.

Oh, on that subject:: plot prediction:

David will be badly injured in the crash, and be at least temporarily paralysed, like Dani.
This may be enough to shock Dani into being a proper human, and feel some sympathy for him, and they, at least, might be reconciled (not as lovers, but as friends).

Watching without subtitles, I didnā€™t catch all the details [ edit: of Mr Lloydā€™s problems ] , but I got enough to know that it was bad, very bad.

More reply tomorrow, but I think it would take a lot, lot, lot to bring Dani to her senses! The guy is GAY and she wants him to pick her over a guy!?
Iā€™ll leave it at that for now and write more when I donā€™t have to put spoiler alert!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

Oh dear! I had a nasty feeling one of them was going to end up looking for another acting job.
Iā€™m not sure if Her Daniship will learn anything from this. I get the idea it may end up de-bitching Erin. Poor Rhys, can he show Dani how someone truly in love with someone other than themself feels when that one is ripped away by circumstances? Mr. Lloyd may be driven back to SiĆ¢n for help. Or even Wyn, who would be pretty good at dealing with con artists!

ā€¦

Oh dear, indeed. I preferred my prediction. :frowning:
They seem to like dramatic accidents on RaR. People arenā€™t so much written out, as written off. :frowning:

I wonder if Ron will show up for the funeral?

(For newer viewers, Ron is Dad to David, Meical and Kay).

Wow, I didnā€™t see that coming. Bad injuries, yes, but not someone dying. Poor Rhys. Maybe finally Erin and Dani will grow up a bitā€¦