Rownd a Rownd

So did I. I told myself it wasn’t too good to be true… but, oh dear, my worst fears…

Erin, maybe, but I begin to think, if Dani has reached her current age believing that what she wants is all that matters in the world… what are the chances of any change in future, but then it is all up to script writers and they may want total transformation!! In the real world, if a teenager learns from a terrible event, might an older woman learn from the teenager?

Yeah, maybe some of the characters will take up wandering around with cameras and posting
their best images in the whats outside thread.

Cheers J.P.

I was thinking that Erin has ruined the lives of 4 people - David, Rhys, Llio, and Iolo.

As well as making the lives of John, Siân and Wil more difficult.

Also, if Llio and Iolo hadn’t split up, Iolo wouldn’t have begun his dalliance with Cathryn (thus adding poor old Vince to the list of Erin’s victims).

Too late to save Mr Lloyd, but it might have helped him if he’d done it before:

I quite like this idea, especially that it’s low-tech, but should still be be effective (if done properly).

However, I can see several practical problems with it, and it will only protect against certain sorts of fraud (but that would include the most recent one that we found out about in Mr Lloyd’s case).

problem - owner of money must believe he or she is likely to be ripped off. Mr. Lloyd never believed Megan was anything but an angel! :angel: So devil :imp: could pounce! . Also, as one gets older finger prints get damaged. I’m not sure I’d risk being excluded from my own property! ( I have a blood blister on my finger print now!) Edit - that last was true but the scab came off this morning leaving an imprinted dent in my index finger print!

1 Like

M
O
R
E

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

“Fi! Fi! Fi!” Rhys teaching little sister, but Dani gets sympathy from Dad!
Nice to see Ron, of whom you have told me much! I was, at first, somewhat taken aback by a certain resemblance to Arthur. I presume they are not brothers? I was impressed. He sees things as they are!
Will someone e.g. Siân stop Mr Lloyd selling his house and get his money back for him?

1 Like

Not actually seen tonight’s pennod yet, (as it wasn’t on Clic yet), but there are two interesting pieces on the website:

http://www.s4c.cymru/rowndarownd/

See “Tu ôl i’r llen: Damwain David”

and

“Neges gan Iestyn Arwel!”

(Iestyn A. is sporting a moustache!!! :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Watched it now (had to resort to iPlayer; Clic still didn’t have it - at least I couldn’t get it to work - and iPlayer doesn’t have the Welsh subtitles :frowning: ).

I know what you mean. He used to be clean-shaven, which increased the resemblance. They have a similar sense of humour also, although Ron is nicer. Ron was a bit of a flirt with the ladies. He flirted with Iris, which of course wound Arthur up. He also thought that Michelle’s mum fancied him. He didn’t fancy her, and referred to her once as “the old dear”. She heard that, and I think went off Ron! :slight_smile:

I imagine not.

Yes, he’s made big mistakes in the past, but is basically a nice guy. He put in a lot of effort to get to know his “old” family again, and also for “old” and “new” (i.e. David) families to meet and get on. In that case, it was Meical who was the generous and magnanimous one, but Kay took a long time to come round. She wouldn’t speak to him for a long time, but eventually she did come round, and they are ok now. Kylie and Britney always liked him though, and made a fuss of him. He’s a bit of a charmer when he wants to be.

Oh please, yes, I hope so. I fear that he is still in denial about Megan, and probably hasn’t even gone to Siân yet about the loan fraud. Paid â bod yn mor wirion, Edwin!

i am truly for the people of Bali and sincerely hope their volcano just fizzes a bit and goes back to sleep, but. have to admit that, when I heard about it, I thought, “I bet S4C are glad they haven’t said Rhys and David are there now!”

1 Like

I honestly read that as “Bala”, and thought for a second that “wild Wales” must be even wilder than I imagined…

Good point!

I used to be an avid listener to “The Archers” (you could say I am a recovering Addict). Like most soaps, episodes were recorded weeks or months in advance. And apparently, every so often, some of the cast were called in at short notice to record (in double quick time) a “topical insert” to go into an imminent episode when something major happened in real life, which could hardly be ignored.

Oh yes, those “tropical insects”. I seem to have outed myself as a former inhabitant of Mustardland. (That was the BBC’s Archers messageboard.)

3 Likes

I was a bit anti The Archers from the first time it was on Radio in the evening (I believe some episodes were on air in the Midlands of England in afternoons). BUT - for anyone who remembers Dick Barton, Special Agent with Jock and Snowy - well it was gee wizz exciting and it disappeared to be replaced by this ‘everyday story of countryfolk’, which soon seemed to be a MinofAg noticeboard! Since my option was to listen with Mam, Dad and Flip the cat, or go to bed, I listened, but the fan was my mother! Years later, I met her on the stairs crying her eyes out! “Whatever is the matter?” I asked, “They’ve killed Grace Archer!” she wailed. “It’s a story!” I snapped, unsympathrtically! (Horrid brat that I was!) Have checked dates - Jan '51 on Radio, I was 10+, death of Grace '55, I was nearly 14, probably not the most sympathetic age!!
NB That means I last listened to the Archers well before 1955!! Most of you were not even thought of then!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

Sad and nicely done, both Erin and Dani will now have to be shown to have learned lessons! Also, that Ar Werth sign should set everyone helping Mr. Ll. to see sense and stay put! But- lle mae e rwan?

1 Like

I watched this just now, after tonight’s episode, which I had watched with my partner. (My partner, who isn’t learning Welsh – but saw & heard a character say “Dw i isio siarad efo chdi” & turned to me & said “I want to talk to you.” And then added “You and your bloomin’ Welsh.”)

We’d turned on the English subtitles part way through the episode, so when I didn’t catch all the details of the Neges gan Iestyn I tried the subtitles on that.

I’m not going to say another word, other than that we were both literally nearly crying with laughter :joy:

The storylines have (sometimes) got a little raunchier since then, although the cosy attitudes haven’t changed much.

My thoughts, exactly.

Let’s hope so.

So, apparently, the chapel where the funeral was held is the one in which Mr Lloyd would normally play the organ. I wonder if it’s actually located in Menai Bridge. Does anyone happen to know?

I know not everyone is of the same mind, but I love to know the real whereabouts of as many RaR filming locations as possible. Between us, detective work has identified several (e.g. David’s flat, the pub nearby, and the street where Iris, Arthur, Meical, Michelle and Dani live; there was never any secret where the row of shops/businesses was, since that’s more or less publicly advertised, and some of us have been there). I’d be curious as to where Mr Lloyd’s house is, and also the street where John & family, and Siân live.

See the last paragraph of:

Or alternatively https://goo.gl/maps/8wRoA2izdv32

I wonder: are all of those houses (e.g. David’s, Michelle’s, Mr Lloyd’s) just sets, sitting empty when not filming? Or do “normal” people live there, who simply have to vacate the house every so often as needed?

1 Like

I presumed the indoor film was in studio and only the outside on location. We are hardly over-endowed with homes! The shops are different, but I believe even they are not filmed as is.

Maybe they’re second homes, pressed into service… :wink: [ducks & covers]

1 Like

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

I do hope someone can talk Mr.Ll into making an official police report. She’ll get off scot free if he doesn’t! CCTV could pick her up at the Airport.(while one? Lerpwl? Manceinion?)
I cannot raise any interest in Iolo’s goings on and only care about Dewi in so far as it might affect his Dad.

1 Like