Rownd a Rownd

Surely buffalo mozzarella? :wink:

Apparently Europe’s largest Mozzarella factory is in LLangefni, so that’s probably a yes then! :wink:
http://www.glanbiacheese.co.uk/about-us/locations

2 Likes

Specially for you & @henddraig: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RMIIktkscjI

2 Likes

I have found out the difference. I do not like vinegar. I hate it so much that I did syntheses involving acetic acid in the fume cupboard! In Salad cream lots of vinegar and probably English mustard. In mayonnaise, little vinegar, some lemon juice and Dijon mustard! Oh and wine vinegar not English malt vinegar!

1 Like

Poor-man’s mayonnaise. It was a British staple in the 50’s and 60’s. I didn’t realise salad cream sandwiches were still a thing though! :slight_smile:

You probably don’t want to know. :slight_smile:

If any one hasn’t noticed, R&R next week is shunted out of its usual Tuesday spot by pĂȘl-droed. It is on Wednesday at usual time!

3 Likes

@mikeellwood and other Ffion Dafis fans, she was on this morning in miltir2 in Dal Ati. The area is Bangor. Took me back, was there lots with ‘Auntie’. The accents were my idea of how all in Gogledd Cymru talked , very nasal!

O diar!

Thanks for the notice!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

Not sure what to say. Kelvin isn’t trying to show blameless record, happy family life, secure job
didn’t know, but the inadvertent offence was his first offence. Why plead guilty? And Erin is going to amaze everyone by running the distance iin an excellent time. £1000 in the bag!
What got into Cathryn? Is Iolo learning a needed lesson?

1 Like

And Iolo’s just carrying on because he needs the job?

So far, I think, manly because he feels trapped and he’s worried Cathryn’ll do something daft, or trap him into matrimony! He seems to have a strong aversion to a lasting relationship. Sex is fun. Has he ever claimed to love any of his sexual partners? He senses blackmail, wants to flee, but isn’t sure what comes next!

He also probably won’t want the ready-made-family (i.e. Siwan (sp?)) which will come with partnership or marriage to Cathryn. However, i doubt if that’s really what Cathryn wants either. I think she thinks she can have her cake and eat it
boring security with Vince (who is probably happy to be the father figure) and a bit of excitement on the side with Iolo.

Iolo wasn’t in the programme when I started watching it (he might have been in it before at some time),.and the background was that he’d just come back from a long spell abroad, “adventuring” I guess and doing the kind of outdoors activities he enjoys. I suspect if anything like a permanent, settled relationship looms, he may be off again. (He and Llio did talk about a long trip abroad didn’t they? Not sure if that ever happened. I think something got in the way, and then they split up anyway.

Edit: BTW, I assume that Vince and Cathryn are a better age-match, and that Iolo is quite a bit younger (and seems younger still as he’s so immature). That may be the attraction as “a bit on the side”, but doesn’t bode well for a permanent relationship.

Totally agree. Have met many like him. One of my stepbrothers was like him! Cathryn is playing with fire! I don’t know her back story, but I gather Vince more or less provided a settled home for her and kids!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
Rl
T

Mam sees it from the point of view of ei mab of course! There is trouble ahead! But that’s R&R for you! Vince knows his Cathryn better than she realises! In Iolo’s shoes, I’d swan off into the wide world yonder and leave Cathryn kicking her heals in Warrington or wherever she has really booked them!
Mmm ringless SiĂąn maybe will drop the odd hint?

1 Like

Do you think her look of disappointment was the lack of a ring, or John’s apparent making the kids opinion seem to be the one that counted?

Because he is good-natured, it took him a while to become suspicious, but now I think he is, and I doubt if he will let it go. I think he may cancel the beers with Meical and follow Cathryn to Warrington (if that’s where she is really going), and/or he will follow Iolo.

Are there any prisons in north Wales where Kelvin could serve his sentence? Not that it would help all that much. Seems like Lowri has finally had enough.

Edit: I wonder who was supposed to be looking after Siwan while Cathryn is away? As she presumably normally lives with Cathryn, i.e. with Vince and Cathryn, you’d expect Vince to take care of her while, e.g. Cathryn is working. But then sometimes Vince is working evenings. I presume then, Wyn babysits. However, I can’t see him doing it all that often, especially as he’s always off wining and dining business pals. And he didn’t know about Cathryn’s “conference”, so it doesn’t sound like she’d asked him to babysit. (Scriptwriter glitch
?).

Edit2: Sad but funny: good-natured Ken tries to pour oil on troubled waters and is immediately told to “shut it!” :imp: :gun:

Iolo and Cathryn are officially getting on my nerves now. She’s taking the biggest risk of losing Vince, and yet she never even shows a flicker of remorse, in fact, she’s the one pushing things forward. Anyone know where Mr Lloyd is?

Probably not even the scriptwriters! I would guess they have him on a back burner to reappear when needed, a bit more of his story being decided at that point!

2 Likes

It feels like he fell off a cliff - there he was, almost homeless, and other events have eclipsed him entirely!

2 Likes

Really, Llio!

“I organised a baby-sitter and have tickets for two to the cinema to that film you always wanted to watch” and you did not pick up on the fact that this meant “I would like a night out for JUST THE TWO OF US”?

Does she have Asperger’s Syndrome or something, and somebody needs to sit her down and teach her these things explicitly? (I wish Barry had, at that moment. Or at least said, “Look, Llio, I had intended this to be something for just the two of us. Perhaps you can join us on another occasion.”)

What’s the significance of Glenda asking John whether she would need to buy a hat soon?

Do people buy a new hat for a wedding or something like that?