Rownd a Rownd

One moral of the story is: never start an affair with the partner of the village postman!

On another note, the body-swappers have been at it again – possible for a little while now but today is the first time I checked the credits.

Tom is no longer played by Nansi Cêt - perhaps she’s starting to look too female to stand in for “Tom”?

1 Like

Full stop!

That’s my advice anyway. :innocent:

2 Likes

Well spotted! I noticed in the credits of “Un Bore Mercher”, the baby is played by no less than 3 different people! (and so far as I know, the action takes place only over a few days).

I always thought that Mia looked like Lowri, and wondered if it was really her daughter, but I asked on their FB page, and it isn’t. (Although Sophie’s daughter is played by the actor’s real daughter - and you can see she likes being in scenes with Mam!).

Edit: and I’m still curious about who was going to be looking after Siwan. It can’t have been Vince as he had been planning to go to the pub, and Wyn was apparently unaware of Cathryn’s plans to be away. Maybe Sophie had volunteered to take care of her (what with her being so kind and thoughtful and everything… :wink: ).

1 Like

No English subtitles this time for some reason :frowning:

Sorry, I’m bad at catching subtexts, but… did I understand correctly that Siân said she wished John would propose to her, and he completely missed her subtext as well when he proposed to carry on exactly as they were before?

1 Like

Not 100% sure that I got it properly either. I’d sort of got the idea that Siân would quite like to have been proposed to, but was hiding her disappointment from John as best as she could, and John, not being the most subtle of chaps, hadn’t noticed.

2 Likes

I also wonder whether she considered moving in without being married to be a bit odd for some reason, and would have agreed to move in if John had proposed as well.

(Which then made me think of a certain other character who said she couldn’t possibly move in unless she was married. Though Siân’s nothing like that other person!)

1 Like

As far as I understood it, Siân was afraid that John might want to propose – which she wouldn’t have said yes to, judging from her nervous behavior. So she was relieved that John “only” asked her to move in and agreed to that. But then she kind of got cold feet and realized that she didn’t want their relationship to change for the time being.

3 Likes

Ah! That would also explain it, I suppose.

Do you mean Anne Boleyn?
nb I think Siân wanted a proposal. I think she thinks marriage is better than casual sex.

1 Like

At first I thought she didn’t want a proposal but now maybe she’s afraid a proposal will never happen. I think out of everyone Jon and Siân are the most suited for each other.

No english subtitles on the latest episode so I haven’t watched much of it. I fully back Lowri after her discussion with Kay. Kay said prison would be “fun” and then said Kelvin is having a difficult time because he doesn’t know anyone in prison. Well I’d hope he didn’t know anyone before going in. Will Lowri stand by Kelvin? She seems fed up with it all.

I haven’t been watching for long but it seems like completely new characters showing up on the show is rare and everyone seems to date each other or have history. Maybe Lowri and Vince will gravitate towards each other in grief?

1 Like

Vince speaking English sounded to me exactly like Barry speaking English. Very odd.

I wonder why Erin made the jab at her father about “it’s hard to imaginen anyone could be worse (at cooking) than he is” – I’ve always had the impression that he seems to be a pretty good cook.

I don’t think I’ve heard complaining at the dinner table before, and recently John mentioned he was making the couscous “that Siân liked”, and so on. I was actually fairly impressed by how much and how varied he was cooking – none of this “going down to the chip shop” the way some other families seem to do frequently.

1 Like

They order quite a lot of pizza, although, as this always seems to entail Jason staying to eat part of it, maybe, if Erin wants to keep Jason guessing, there will be fewer such deliveries in future!

There is a certain amount of character change, with a background of very long-running characters. Sophie is an original character, I gather, and Dani has been in it since childhood. I’ve only been watching it since starting with SSiW (which I think is maybe a year, 18 months after SSiW got started). I’ve seen a few old episodes on Youtube, and you can see people like Dani, and Mr Lloyd when they were younger, and I think there is one where Terry and Glenda got married, for example.

Your comment about Vince and Lowri is very perceptive, because they had a flirtation once before (probably at least a couple of years ago). However, it came out before it had developed into an actual affair. Lowri and “Kelv” made it up (and the result was Mia! :slight_smile: ).

But now…who knows…? :slight_smile:

I think he is (at least he’s willing to try), and I took this to be just the usual family banter and “tynnu coes” :slight_smile:

Edit: They actually seem to be quite a nice, well-adjusted family…well, if you leave aside Erin’s “foibles”…

1 Like

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

Did anyone catch for sure what Vince said? It was subtitled as "Get out of my sight ", but I couldn’t catch it despite listening twice.
I like to see the come -upance issued to the thoughtless pleasure seakers not worrying who gets hurt!

He said “Dos o 'ngolwg i, wnei di?”
(Which is a fine example of dropping the possessive “fy” and only keeping the nasal mutation.)

2 Likes

Now it’s getting interesting. Arthur will be sorry he missed it while sorting through Christmas decorations. We know he loves to gossip.

I’m guessing Lolo’s letter was confirmation of the reservation? It sounds like it was booked under both his and Cathryn’s name. Given Wyn’s comment about how Cathryn books things and he pays the bill, I’m guessing she was going to charge it to the Copa account. Help to keep up the lie about it being a conference. Wyn knew there wasn’t a conference so I’m sure he would have been suspicious when he saw it.

My previous post speculated that Lowri and Vince and would hook up but maybe Llio and Vince? Of course no one has to hook up with anyone but this is a soap. Lowri is overwhelmed and stressed both at work and at home. Thank goodness for Ken, the shining light of the Walsh family. Llio seems lonely, a bit needy for attention, and bored. I think there is a certain stability factor with Vince but then again, I like him.

2 Likes

They seemed to be getting cosy at the party that wasn’t a party. :slight_smile:
And they have a little bit of history, as mentioned before. Vince isn’t quite the spotless angel that his diatribe to Cathryn might make one believe. Kelvin punched him in almost the same place and in about the same way as he punched Iolo! I think that’s what passes for relationship counselling among the men in RaR! :slight_smile:

That’s a thought. Well, he needs somewhere to live, and she needs a housemate. Could it develop? Not sure. She might be almost as much of a snob as Cathryn.

Edit: I loved the little background vignette where Michelle’s Mam was refilling her sherry glass as high as she could without spilling it (her 3rd, according to 'chelle :slight_smile: ).

2 Likes

Indeed. Good on him for trying to pull the family back together again.

Also, English subtitles are up now for Tuesday’s episode if someone wants to re-watch it on Clic.

1 Like

Looking at the letter, it was booked in Iolo’s name, but for two guests. Rather than enquire about the identity of the other guest, Vince went on his gut suspicion and said Cathryn’s name, and they confirmed. That pretty much clinched it I guess.

Does anyone else just want to poke Kay in the eye?