Rownd a Rownd

Yes, quite funny that his character was / (is still?) sweet on Dani.

Well she has had one longish period out of the show. That was when she broke up with Wyn.
Her going off to tend a sick mother leaves open the possibility of her coming back at some stage.

Another character who I thought might come back (but didn’t, and probably won’t now) is Beth, who was Wyn’s “business partner” in Spain, and came over as the original manager of Copa. It soon became clear that she and Wyn were more than business partners. I used to quite like Beth (another southerner, played by none other than Catherine Ayers). But she showed an unpleasant side of her character. She was helping herself to cash from the till at Copa. (I think she thought she was “entitled” as she thought the business deal she had with Wyn over Copa was unfair).

There was a girl (name temporarily forgotten! - now got it - Kim!) who used to house share with Llio, and used to have Iolo as a boyfriend. However, she split up from him and moved out (leaving the field clear for Llio & Iolo…). By then she was working at Copa, and Beth and Wyn offered to let her stay in a spare room at Wyn’s large house. That went ok for a while, but Kim caught on to Beth’s stealing of Wyn’s money. Beth became aware of this, and then schemed (somehow) to make it look as though it was Kim who was stealing. She then blackmailed her to leave Glanrafon (she went to London), in return for not shopping her for the stealing (which she was innocent of in any case, but could not prove - Beth was too cunning).

More on Kim: she was always secretly sweet on Barry (she used to work at Tŷ Pizza), but Barry took her for granted and ignored her.

However, just before Kim left, Barry seems to have seen the error of his ways, and realised that he loved Kim after all (or as near as Barry can get to love…). This led to the following scene, which I eventually dug out of the Youtube RaR archive:

Watch and weep. (Bangor station for the train spotters… :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

p.s. Perhaps they should have shot it at night, and had Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 playing in the background …

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I have been Googling to see if little dogs are allowed in Sheltered Housing in North Wales. Not sure, but I see a possible plot line of petition to let ci bach live with Mr. Lloyd!
At last Erin is getting an education!
What will Dani do? Will she really go to Tada on behalf of such a one?

1 Like

Yes indeed. Mr Lloyd is the obvious candidate.
I hope they make an exception for a small dog like Smurf.
I wonder what Mr Lloyd would call him.

1 Like

I think Mr Lloyd could also do with the company, even though I’m sure that he’ll have the ability to meet others where he lives now.

I had also half hoped Mr Lloyd would be taking him! Perhaps in another episode or three…

2 Likes

My only problem with Mr Lloyd getting Smurf’s character full time is whether S4C can afford to pay ‘Urban Paws’ for his services long term! Clearly they are excellently suited, especially as Smurf is at least 7, which may not be old for a small terrier, but is certainly, shall we say, mature!
mm thinks… I never expected to find my favourite character in a soap would be a canine hero!

2 Likes

Spoiler, 09/01/2017
Philp / Mr Lloyd / Smurf - happy ending?

Pres Barry…oh dear, when will people in Glanrafon learn to lock their money away…?

1 Like

Hope so, re Smurf, depends on house rules for those flats!

1 Like

Also, whodunit?

I suppose Lowri isn’t that desperate?

Oh dear…I hadn’t thought of Lowri. I don’t think she would, but it might make her a suspect (in some people’s eyes).

hmm…wasn’t Arthur at that party?

I wouldn’t really see her doing that.

Plus, she just got that loan not long ago, didn’t she?

And Kay’s been being nice to her.

Now that one, on the other hand… Well, he wouldn’t have been my first suspect, but I wouldn’t cross him off the list as easily as Lowri.

What about Robbie or Owain?

Also, I had to think of how Llio saw the envelope (when she handed Carys the scissors and put them back) – I doubt that she thought much about it any more than about the cardboard box that was next to it.

1 Like

:laughing: :imp: :wink:
p.s. I don’t think Lowri would either, but …

1 Like

The fact that Barry doesn’t want the police involved…well, it could be him not wanting to grass up possibly friends or family to the police … or, he doesn’t want too many questions asked about where he got the cash from in the first place.

1 Like

I’d guess the last option! After all he was most clam-like when Carys asked about the envelope.

I was wondering that, too! The money’s not dodgy… but he doesn’t want the police to know about it? Hm…

(Maybe it’s just what we’d call “black” money in Germany, i.e. cash transactions which have not been reported to the tax man?)

Why were Owain and Robbie in a class with Mathew Parry if the school had in-service training that day?

Or was the class on a different day from when Wyn wanted to drop Siwan off?

I had to ask around a bit to find out what HMS was – apparently, it’s Hyfforddiant Mewn Swydd = inset = in-service training.

Matthew teaches older children,little one off school is Nursery or Primary

2 Likes

I suspect those are mostly the sort of transactions that Barry deals in!

1 Like

That makes sense, thank you!