Rownd a Rownd

Ah, thanks for that. I assumed it was something like “inset” (& I’d forgotten what that stood for), but I had no idea what Welsh words the letters stood for. I assume that each school decides its own inset days, although they presumably have to have a certain number of them as laid down by the relevant competent authority.

Looks like it to me as well. http://www.bbc.com/news/education-27036066 mentions that “Inset days can be awkward for parents, especially when they have children at different schools and have to take extra time off.” which implies that if the children go to different schools, the inset days are not necessarily synchronised and so different children might be at home (and need supervision) on different days of the year.

1 Like

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

Never predicted Cathryn’s action! Clever!
Arthur deserves all he gets. Maybe he’ll learn from,the fact that everyone believes he’s to blame, but I,doubt it!
Lowri must learn to be kinder to poor Robbie. Sophie must learn to be a better disciplinarian to her ghastly brat! Will she find out that he forged her signature? I hope so, and I hope she will tell hm fotgery,is a crime!

2 Likes

Although Arthur was my first suspect, on second thoughts I thought he was wily enough to know that Barry would never let him get away with it.

I think Owain and/or Robbie are the next most likely suspects, but that too could be a red-herring. Are there any less-obvious but plausible suspects?

And yet again, poor old Iris has been suckered into believing that Arthur is giving her a “treat”, when it’s probably a boring (to her) trip to a railway museum or something, or worse still, a boot-sale.
“Surpreises” are very overrated in my opinion, especially surprise parties. My family know that if they ever plan to give me a surprise party, then they have to give me at least 6 month’s notice. This is actually what we did with my Mum’s 90th. People were coming from far and wide, and everyone got at least 6 month’s notice, including my Mum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just seen Iolo on the way into the Black Boy in Caernarfon with his family. I said hello but didn’t want to hassle him for a selfie.

(Not R+R related but … Also had a surprise meet and chat with @Sam84 which was awesome and a meal out last night with A+C making this is a brilliant weekend. Off to the Black Boy ourselves later for a meal.)

5 Likes

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

I refuse to believe Tom is hurt more than a tiny bit, although going unconscious is a bit worrying.

2 Likes

Same here.

Our Amy fell off the changing table onto the floor once, and though Stella was awfully upset, it doesn’t seem to have caused any lasting problem. They can be pretty resilient, those babies. And the couch was a lot closer to the ground than a changing table.

On an unrelated note, has anyone tried to follow the link in the horse racing winning notification?

It leads to the Facebook album for the Rownd a Rownd open day in August 2017 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And probably fell on to a carpeted floor?

The fall from the couch was “telegraphed” of course, but I kept thinking, “they won’t, will they…?”

But then the way it was shown, Tom’s little alter ego was obviously in no danger.

True. Like Tom. (And Llio’s carpet looked “fluffier” than ours.)

Do you mean the actor? True.

1 Like

Yndy tad (as they sometimes say in Glanrafon. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Plot too gripping not to drag out, of course! Wonder how long tnry can milk it? Oh, dear Arthur… never mindw Babi bach, beth am FI? How old is he? 60 going on 4?

Our little grandson is becoming more and more mobile, and before too long will probably be putting himself at the same sorts of risks as Tom bach, and we’ll have to watch him even more closely!
So I’m feeling this plot thread even more keenly than usual.

I wonder whether Barry and Carys will make up? They were separated for a while before but got back together again.

I would expect Tom to be fine and the pair to then stop looking for anyone to blame but themselves while actually totally wracked with guilt and self-blame. They will then, I would imagine, sort things out between them, preferably with Barry admitting to his dubious dealings and realising that honesty is safest and best when one has a ?wife?/partner and babi bach to care for! But it is a soap, so the exact opposite is not impossible!

2 Likes

I don’t think Barry will ever grow up. He’s had plenty of warnings / chances (not just regarding Carys, but over almost all the time I’ve been watching).

1 Like

What about John?

I had been holding out a bit of hope for him, but the way he confronted Siân about not being told about the scan date wasn’t exactly the way to a woman’s heart.

(What was that he had told Erin? That she only thinks about herself?)

3 Likes

Well spotted, I hadn’t twigged until then that Erin was a chip off his block. Based on Rhys and Will, their Mam must have been lovely!

By the way, what does Barry do, actually?

He used to work in Tŷ Pizza, but that’s Jason’s job now and he just sort of supervises occasionally – what does he do the rest of the time that results in occasional “last-minute meetings” like the one he pretended to have that day?

By the way 2, in case anyone is curious where Mathew Iolo were when they had their pint together (where Iolo was chatting to the two bikers) – it was the side entrance (on Water Street) of the Liverpool Arms.

By the way 3, I’m not sure whether I’ve seen Mathew touch Llio this much before (putting his arm around her or his hand on her shoulder). Just friendly concern between workmates, or is something developing?

2 Likes

I’m wondering the same thing. @mikeellwood, you know more backstory than most of us…have they been in a relationship in the past?

1 Like

It was slightly before my time, but from bits and pieces I’ve put together: at one point Siân and Matthew were going to get hitched. It was all arranged, and Matthew was waiting for her at the altar. However, it transpired that Matthew and Llio had been having a bit of a fling on the side…and Siân had somehow found out. She went to the church in her white dress and everything, as though to go through the ceremony, but when she got to the altar she clocked Matthew a good one, and stormed out!

So, yes, Matthew, Llio and Siân have joint history. This has come up from time to time. e.g. when poor Nel was killed in a road accident (Siân’s neice, Alwyn’s daughter), Siân was understandably having a bad time, and Matthew was offering her comfort (no funny business, it was genuine). But when Sophie noticed this, she got all jealous, thinking that the Matthew-Siân relationship might rekindle. And on another occasion, Matthew and Llio took the schoolkids on a trip to France. We saw them coming back in the coach, and at one point, Llio laid her head on Matthew’s shoulder and went to sleep. The look on Matthew’s face implied that he’d quite like more of this sort of thing, so it was on the cards that that relationship might rekindle. But in the event, it didn’t.

Well he owns Tŷ Pizza and therefore is a filthy capitalist living off the surplus value created by Jason and Kylie’s labour :slight_smile: (she still works there doesn’t she? Although we haven’t seen her there lately).

However, and it’s never been made explicitly clear what he gets up to, but the suggestion is that he is really a wheeler-dealer, buyer and seller, who probably doesn’t look too closely at the source of his cut-price goods which tend to be high-tech like phones and computers. (He had a stock of computers in the garage when the beer-brewers there managed to spill beer over them, at which he was not best pleased…).

So morally speaking, he’s doing the same sort of thing that Arthur was recently trying to do, but he’s probably a lot smarter and more successful. A little while back, Vince was trying to make extra cash, and agreed to deliver some fake pizza’s to the address of what seemed like a neer-do-well. I think the pizza box contained phones, and the theory was that these were non-traceable throwaway phones for use in the drug trade.

He’s always off somewhere, presumably to collect or deliver some of his trade goods, and is often on the phone to English speakers.

BTW, thanks for the google maps pointer! :slight_smile:

2 Likes