Rownd a Rownd

I have seen them from the street, but not close up or inside. However, some lucky bunnies on a northern bootcamp got to see them inside, and someone (earlier in this thread I think) said how small they were inside. They use camera trickery to make them seem bigger. Very effective it must be, as the cafe and Copa, for example, seem massive on the TV/computer screen!

Occasionally you will see people inside other cafés, and I think these are real ones. For example there is one in High Street (A545), Café Aethwy, which I think might have been used sometimes.
(I notice that it’s next to a post office; I remember Jac being sent off on a fool’s errand to get some stamps (to get him out of the way for a while), so it’s good that there really is a post office within easy distance of the salon, to lend authenticity to the story… :slight_smile:

Oh, and the Castle Bakery and Tea Rooms, further down the street.

1 Like

Diolch! Dw i’n hapus iawn i glywed hynny :)[quote=“mikeellwood, post:81, topic:578”]
Oh, and the Castle Bakery and Tea Rooms, further down the street.
[/quote]

I’ll continue my explorations :slight_smile: This streetview business is brilliant! There is so much detail - I like how I can see people on the street, and peek into shop windows. My glimpse into real life Wales from across the sea!

Diolch! I was thinking that it was one of those which would likely have caused the program to be pre-empted. I’ve been trying to follow the political issues as best I can from over here in the US but I must admit I am not following the pel-droed :slight_smile:

On your edit (post) screen it always appear only the bit you want to quote (which you’ve marked for quoting) however if you click the down arrow at the quoted bit when it is published in your post, you’ll see the rest of the post too. Clicking on that same “arrow” (but this time it’s turned upside) you’ll close the whole quote and just quoted bit will be seen. Clicking on the upwards arrow (real arrow) it will take you to the original quoted message.

and … no, I’m not too busy packing - not yet. Now I’m too busy sorting all sorts of tickets, travelling tickets and what’s more to it up, but not that busy I wouldn’t have the time to answer your questions. :slight_smile:

And picture of that “arrows” and stuff for better imagination of everything quoting related …

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 tonight -I logged on to tell you that too! I found it out just now!!

1 Like

Oh @tatjana Diolch yn fawr! I will now test it![quote=“tatjana, post:84, topic:578”]
not that busy I wouldn’t have the time to answer your questions.
[/quote]
Wow! At one stage I had everything you wrote and all the screen pics, but back I am to what I wanted!! Diolch yn fawr!! have a good, easy journey!!

Nawr te! @mikeellwood Can you help me? Did I miss an announcement as to when Rownd a Rownd is on next? I recorded the 6.30 one and watched it, having set the 7.30 to record as well. I ended up catching up in real time, as I don’t watch the adverts! So, I stopped recording,viewed to the end of the episode and changed channels as I wanted to see something else. Only later did I realise no recording had set for next week, checked and found no R&R next week at all!
Any information gratefully received. It is hanging on one hell of a cliff!!

1 Like

I know no more than you really. However, this has reminded me that they had a break for the summer last year, and I think that also was hanging on uffern o gliff hefyd, so this might be their summer break now.

Last year, I think they put something on their website & FB pages about it, but I’m not seeing anything at the moment:

http://www.s4c.cymru/rowndarownd/

(there is a link there to their twitter and FB pages).

Yep, summer break, they’ll be back in September. :cry:

Yes, I messaged them and got:

There was an announcement at the end of last nights’ episode of Rownd and Rownd to say that the series will be returning in September.
We will all have to wait intil then to find out what happens!
Kind Regards,
Menai Lloyd Pitts
which I thought was very kind!

2 Likes

Have watched both episodes, and now of course I see what you mean.
I have a feeling how that is going to end up, but won’t say here (even though it’s pure guess on my part) as I don’t want to risk a spoiler for anyone. Maybe I will PM you.

I was never quite sure which way it was going to go with Gareth. It looked at one point as though it would have a more positive outcome, but in the event, it hasn’t done, at least so far.
That kid is a good actor I think. Well, they all are.

I just finished watching the last two episodes… A cliffhanger indeed! :worried: No indication given via the International website about a summer break, so I’m grateful for the info from @henddraig and @gruntius.

I was really hoping for a more positive outcome for Gareth, too. It looked like things were improving for a little while, but clearly it didn’t last. Now I will be hoping for a positive outcome for Alwena, because I like her a lot, but I think I have an idea what that spoiler might be.

Now we have to wait until September :frowning:

1 Like

Yes. but he isn’t that old!
If they weren’t such good actors, we wouldn’t be ‘all of a stew’ about the cliffhanger!!!

1 Like

Bore’ma just before Dal ati, it was mentioned that Rownd a Rownd’s 21st pen-bwydd is about to happen. I think 11/09/2016. One hopes, therefore, that the cliff-hanger is about to come out as not devastatingly sad!!

Edit:- 5/9/2016 @AnnaC @mikeellwood a phawb -
As far s I can tell from my Sky listings, tomorrow, Dydd Mawrth 6 Medi (Tuesday 6th Sept) R&R will show s repeat of the cliffhanger. The blurb reads like that anyway. Then the next episode this week is a new one and next week, as advertised, on 11th, the 21st Birthday episode!

2 Likes

Diolch, @henddraig! I’ll be checking the international webpage tomorrow :slight_smile:

I owe you a grovel! I didn’t realise 11/9 is Dydd Sul , not Dydd Mawrth! Both the episodes this week are repeats of the last two from last season.
On 11th, there is a special program about R&R, but the new series doesn’t start until 13/9 (unfortunate date for the superstitious, my Mam would be predicting death and destruction!), but the blurb didn’t seem too dire!

2 Likes

No groveling allowed, @henddraig! I’m grateful you pointed out that Rownd a Rownd was on in any form, this week - I’m just happy to know it’s back! :slight_smile: Thanks for the updated information. I’m sure I’ll watch all of it :blush:

(And if the blurb didn’t sound too dire, maybe it won’t be the terribly sad episode I’m expecting…fingers crossed!)

1 Like

Have you seen the new ones yet? S4C International lists as if they are available immediately after we have them, but that may be only in certain areas. I don’t want to comment if it is giving things away! The Pen-blwydd-21 was quite fun, but, I felt, should not have been in the period while the cliff was still hanging.

1 Like

Hi Jackie!

Yes, I’ve watched the Pen-blwydd special, and the two new episodes. I enjoyed the special, because it gave me a peek into the history of the shown (I’ve only been able to watch since just after Christmas 2015, so I don’t know much). But I do agree it ruined the cliff-hanger with the sneak-previews of the new season!

Also, I was a bit confused right at the beginning of the first new episode, because it felt like I had missed something…wait, Alwena is standing in the shop, she’s not still in the hospital! I thought it would take up right where it left off, but apparently the new season starts after some time has passed. Which is fine, just not what I was expecting!

So happy Alwena is still with us! And happy that Rownd a Rownd is back! I enjoy watching other programs available to me on S4C International, but this one is the most fun :blush: I really wish we’d get Pobol Y Cwm because I do find the Southern people on RaR easier to understand!

To be honest, I thought it was a bit of a cheat, it glossed over so much, but the next episode actually makes one think and could lead to some good stuff - when are you ‘better’? How do you define health? And what will happen to Gareth?
I do not know what you will get next. Tomorrow (Sunday) S4C shows a very short episode which sounds like the first one last week, but is too short, I think. Then they repeat the Birthday Show. Then we get the first ever episode shown - the one which was shown 21years ago!
I never saw that. On Gower, my side of the hill in the middle, we couldn’t get S4C. Over in North Devon they got it lovely, but not us!! I even had problems with BBC Wales!!! I’m looking forward to it and I think you might like to see it. but I’m not sure International will get it!!

re - Pobol y Cwm, I admit I don’t really ever seem to get hooked. I’ve watched for a while a few times, but have got fed up with the plot lines or characters or something - not always the same reason!
Anyway, all the best and hope you get the 21 year old repeat!
Oh, and Y Gwyll is the only thing I can knowingly watch twice! 1st on S4C and then on the Beeb!!

1 Like

I agree with all of that. I’m interested to see where the storyline about Carys goes.

I’d love to see the first ever episode! We got the parti penblwydd so hopefully we’ll get that too. I think the shows become available on the International website after they are shown there (same day). They remain available for about a month, and then they are gone.

Diolch yn fawr iawn for the info :slight_smile: