Rownd a Rownd

Dydd Mawrth, 17/04/2018

spoilers

Well, now we know exactly what Llio was up to. Well played … but I’m still not at all sure it was a good idea.

I’m really not enjoying the storyline with John’s ex.

Interesting hearing Arthur ask “Mags” to address him as “chdi”. We’ve seen that once before recently, with Carys’s creep. Arthur is a bit of a creep as well, though not quite as bad (perhaps) as the other one.

1 Like

What was Mathew thinking?

Does he want Llio or not?

If he does, what makes him think he might have any chance with her after he had made it clear to her that she was not willing to be “the other woman” and had essentially promised her that he would break up with Sophie “any day now” – and then telling her that “it’s you I love”?

Now he ends up (I suppose) with neither of them.

That is clearly what Llio was trying to achieve. She had caught him out too often and set out with Dylan’s help to unmask him to Sophie in a way which removed all chance of him having any wriggle room at all! Good for her! Very clever! Oh, and it’s quite clear ‘lover boy’ was trying to have and hold both Llio and Sophie and any other girl he met whom he fancied! Grrr! Now she needs to assess her sister’s partner and decide if he is a safe person for Carys to live with!
Oh, I love the idea of two con artists playing each other! I hope it leads to both being thoroughly unmasked for all to see, as long as poor Wil lands gently and isn’t made to feel a total idiot!

1 Like

Matthew wanted his cake and eat it, and now he doesn’t even have the crumbs.

But he’s Llio’s and Dylan’s boss. He could make Llio’s life very difficult at school, and perhaps ruin Dylan’s nascent career.

Are you referring to “Mags” and Arthur?

I don’t think it was his brain in control there at all, but another part of his anatomy altogether. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, of course!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I hadn’t thought out just how much Mathew was risking! He is a total idiot, plotted to show you don’t have to be famous to treat women like objects to be used!
Michelle is almost as bad at accepting responsibility! “I deserve!” It wasn’t her birthday and I hope sne a) gets as sick as a dog and b) gets caught for stealing!
I do hope John isn’t about to suffer a nasty road accident due to that unroadworthy wreck with pretty bodywork!

1 Like

I hadn’t forgotten about his gambling problem, but I’d forgotten that Sophie knew all about it. I didn’t know that she knew he had dipped his fingers into the school money - I thought that was a secret between him and his Dad.

Since Matthew is I think, pretty much over his gambling problem, and he’d paid all his debts, I don’t think Jim really has cause to sack him over that. And since he was able to pay the school money when it was required (for a school trip), again, technically, I’m not sure if Jim really has grounds to sack him for that either. (Matthew had been on the point of confessing to Jim that he didn’t have the money for the trip, when Philip walked into the office with enough money to replace it. He told a convincing enough story that Jim accepted (about Matthew having left the money at home, or something like that), and Matthew got away with it - well, until now.

Unsurprising that Llio wants to move, although I didn’t think that teachers could normally change jobs at short notice.

She seems to have “flipped”.

Edit: Maybe Matthew will now emigrate to Spain. That’s where the Parry’s seem to send people.

1 Like

And stealing from Glenda’s tip jar was particular low, I thought - this wasn’t some faceless supermarket but the little shop run by two ladies she knows personally and sees every day!

I thought so, too. It never came up during the time I’ve been watching, for example.

And Llio said she wasn’t interested in pressing charges for this particular incident.

Perhaps the best thing might be a stern talking-to and a “I never want to hear about any incident like this again”.

On the other hand, can a leopard change its shorts? (As they say on the Discworld.)

A pity; I rather liked her.

Hm, that makes me think - is Dylan going to “replace” her, at least in terms of screen time as teaching staff at the school?

Yes, that’s a thought. Matthew’s ability to damage his (Dylan’s) career seems now more limited!

1 Like

I wonder if there is CCTV in the cafê?

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

So where is Sophie heading? Magistrates court, willful damage? Really good example to nasty brat son! Oh, I guess he takes after her!
Arthur and Mags circle like fencers! Can’t care less who if either wins. Just don’t hurt poor Iris!

2 Likes

“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”

Wonder what that is in Welsh?

I found a German version, fwiw:

“Die Hölle selbst kann nicht wüten wie eine verschmähte Frau”.

Oh I think Mags will win. Arthur has a certain amount of cunning, but he’s not all that bright.

And Matthew really hasn’t learned anything.

I wonder how are Rhys’s panel-beating skills?

1 Like

For a car as snazzy as that, only buying pristine new panels would do! I am sorry for Llio, by the way, unless she was never that motivated to teaching. If she has a true vocation it is most unfair that she has lost the chance to use it.

1 Like

Have just caught up! Sophie should have walloped Matthew with that spade - smug git!
Llio got out of there a bit too sharpish I think. Had she stayed until the end of term the boss might have backed her and suspended Matthew. For a man of two faces, he’s got off lightly.
Dylan - annoying at first, seems to be turning into a good egg. I hope Matthew doesn’t strangle him again - although that would certainly be Matthew’s downfall I think.
Poor Michelle at the food bank! I wonder if that counts as Karma for stealing the chocs and the fiver?
I’m waiting for Mags to be found dancing the cha-cha without her sling on by Wil.
Foolish Arthur!

2 Likes

I thought she was going to! :slight_smile:

Has she not gone to another teaching job? I had assumed so, but was surprised it was possible, thinking that more notice would be needed. I haven’t checked my imperfect understanding with the English subtitles yet.

There’s no fool like an old fool, and Arthur has form for getting into dangerous and futile liaisons.

1 Like

I’ve heard it’s unusual for teachers to be able to change posts so quickly - but perhaps she is connected to some emergency teaching grapevine. It lets Matthew off the hook a bit too quick though - he only has to deal with Sophie now.

Well he makes the perfect foil so we can see what she’s like. I hope she disappears at the end of her storyline - much too annoying! At the other end of the old country, PYC are not good at getting rid of their Pathological Narcissists - they just float around, popping up wherever evil is needed. Like some kind of reverse superhero.

2 Likes

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Poor Siân. Not an easy life she’s had. And poor Ken. He’ll feel terrible and it was really Barry’s fault!
Mags struck faster than I expected! I cannot feel sorry for bighter bit!
Ditto Mathew with all the pupils giggling at him!
Philip…for a moment I thought it was Alwenna!

1 Like

No, not the baby :frowning: I like Siân and the dynamic that has flourished between her, John, and the kids. Everyone was excited about the baby.

Once again Barry is up for father of the year. One minute I’m wondering why he doesn’t spend more time with Tom and then this happens. On that note I’m worried about Carys now that Lilo is gone. Who will babysit Tom on such short notice when Barry refuses and Iris is working? They relied on her a lot.

With Lilo gone and Jac has still not returned Philip’s rental house is technically available to rent. I know a few of us were suspecting that Philip has a crush on Lowri. Before Kelv went to prison it was obvious that him, Lowri, and the kids needed to have their own place. I’m thinking Philip will try to offer the house to Lowri with a discount on her rent. He knows better than anyone that she is having financial difficulties and it has never been easy living with Kay.

2 Likes

Me too - and I haven’t even watched Alwenna in R&R - just seen her on 3 Lle! Perhaps the sight of dark curly locks was too much for him.

Poor, poor Siân.

Yes - didn’t she? I thought there was more to be had out of Arthur, but perhaps she became bored.

Whilst we are here, would someone explain the significance of the comment John made to Rhys about the garage and Mags ‘She’ll never find out how you bought this place.’ or something like that. How did Rhys get the garage? Why would it be a problem that involved Mags?

1 Like

Brain VERY SLOW! Just realised that Mags was the DSI in Craith! :bulb:

1 Like