Rownd a Rownd

I don’t know. I thought she was heading for some kind of breakdown, even before that episode.

Yes, I agree. He’ll enjoy her trying though. :slight_smile:

So do I. :slight_smile: What the heck have those two been playing at these last few months…?

True…and there is still the Philip - Lowri thing, bubbling away (at least on Philip’s side).
One possibility is that he’ll have a few dates with these computer ladies, decide it’s a dead loss, and then (in a fit of frustration, passion, call it what you will) make a completely badly-timed, badly arranged, and incredibly clumsy pass at Lowri.

2 Likes

I wonder whether Philip couldn’t use a wingman on those dates!

He is a kind and interesting person but a bit too unsure of himself; I think he could do with some moral support and gentle guidance while he’s on the lookout.

There is a good reason for the comment with a storyline after the summer break

1 Like

If you have any questions about characters and upcoming episodes, I can help answer

Not sure what inside info you have Tim, but I like to speculate and find out in the fullness of time if I’m right.
But…
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Lessons for those seeking love. You must be…

1. Honest
  2. Honest
  3. Honest
    I could go on. P could have saved a lot of hassle by admitting almost at once, “You are a lovely lady, but we are just not suited. I’m an introvert and you are an extravert! Sorry. I’ll pay the bill now and younstay as long as you like. Byw!” Dani was too frightened of rejection to say the one sentence Jac needed to hear.
    Oh, and Mags/Delyth is clearly an experienced barmaid or nightclub hostess and may well end up working for Wyn!
1 Like

Yes…in which case, I guess Erin will stop working there.

Now Wyn may be a man of a certain age, and an old fool (like a lot of us), but he’s no idiot. Surely he can see through Mags/Delyth?

My first reaction was to agree and wonder what dastardly plan he had afoot. Then I remembered how he is with Dani and her Mam, and I rather suspect he is a bit of a pushover for any lady with a good line in sob stories!

1 Like

Re Michelle and Meical:

While it’s true that Michelle got herself into the mess with the charity box, and it was her bright idea to offer cash terms for the cleaning contact, which led to them being “dobbed in” to the Revenue, Meical can’t shirk all responsibility.

It’s his business as well, and if they haven’t been declaring income (over quite a long period, probably), it’s as much his responsibility as hers. So his “you got us into this mess” doesn’t quite wash with me. And he didn’t exactly have to look very hard for the building job; Terry handed it to him on a plate, like those fancy boots. And now Michelle is having to do the cleaning (for whichever customers they have left) on her own, when it used to be a two-person job.

1 Like

OK if she was knuckling down without moaning and pulling her weight, I’d agree. But she is not, has not and shows no sign of doing so! Moany mc moan face? Mind, she is Dani’s mam isn’t she? So I shouldn’t be surprised!

1 Like

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
.I will never get used to soap writers habit of throwing nasty painful (to innocent characters) twists into plots! Terry really did not deserve that and, to be fair, neither did Meic. As for the rest… Wyn does not surprise me, neither does Mags/Delyth. I pity poor Britney who I presume is Meic’s daughter, being a kind gentle girl! I am in danger of going off R&R if it continues like this in trad. soap style!

1 Like

not actually seen it yet so am intrigued.

come to think, I’m not 100% sure if Meical is Britney’s father. you can never be sure on RaR.

reminds of that old west indian song with a line
“your daddy aint your daddy but your daddy dont know” :slight_smile:

Found reference saying Britney is step-daughter of Meic. But cannot find who her dad was!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

No surprise ending tonight. Not sure what to say. Progress chez John.
That’s about it really. Relaxing sort of ‘keep calm and carry on’ type episode.

1 Like

Just caught up with last Thursday & tonight.

Not sure I’d agree about no surprise ending.
Looks like the chemistry between Lowri and Philip has produced a reaction at last!
(and just before Kelvin gets out).
OK, maybe not a total surprise.

Meical got the sack, but probably for his own good really. And he and Michelle seem to have made their peace.

And Jac-Dani - will they, won’t they?

1 Like

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
.??

Oh joy! Right! Arthur’s face! Pleased for D and J too!

3 Likes

Oh gosh, talk about cutting it fine!

Anyone know what station that would have been?

1 Like

If it was Bangor the train went from, I used it in the days of British Rail but I can’t remember details of the line!

Supposedly a Cardiff train. Can you really get a direct train from Bangor to Cardiff???

I think Jac boarded the train at Llanfairpwll station, the next stop would be Bangor. And yes, fel mae’n digwydd, there is a direct service from Llanfairpwll to Caerdydd.

1 Like

Wow i don’t think you could back when! I know there was a bridge across the tracks at Bangor, but the station where they met looked too small to me. But maybe my memories are wrong, it must have been over 30 years ago!