Rugby

Yeah, got to love the Italian side as we see the Zebra and Treviso teams playing in Wales.

3 Likes

Wellā€¦St Patrickā€™s Day is upon us. Itā€™s good for whatever ails you and has made for a heavy heart.

That w a s a drubbingā€¦

3 Likes

Aye, but spare a tear or two for Scotland and Italy Sean. You can be sure there are plenty of Welsh whoā€™ll be raising a glass or two to honour St. Patrickā€“assuming they donā€™t drink the pubs dry before that.

Hwyl,
Mari

4 Likes

Youā€™re nice, @rich! :slight_smile:
(and also @JohnYoung and @MarilynHames too showing sympathy for the losers, too :wink: )

However I doubt it will seriously improve as long as team gets so little support: nobody really talks about it, and gets almost zero coverage in Italy - except for a brief moment a few years when it was all over the news as a virtuous example of sport, as opposed to corrupted and money-based football - but didnā€™t last long!
Very few kids want to play rugby, they all want to be Ronaldo. And average Italian moms donā€™t their precious bambini to play something so rough, so itā€™s not going to work. :joy:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:. Shared on Facebook by Steph Whelton Pembrokeshire anniemo: "šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Shared on Facebook by Steph Whelton Pembrokeā€¦" - Tŵt Cymru | Toot Wales

5 Likes

I was gutted not to be there after having tickets very early on. Sadly, hubby hasnā€™t been well most of this year so we couldnā€™t go in the end but watched enthusiastically ar y teledu. Fantastic weekend of rugby and so pleased (ecstatic) that Wales won. Bizarrely, I ended up in the Principality this week for a conference which felt really weird seeing the ground empty after so much happening a few days before.
Fel, dw iā€™n mynd i gwylioā€™r Scarlets eto ar y penwythnos a dw iā€™n moyn dysguā€™r geiriau rygbi. Gobeithio! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Glad you both enjoyed the rugby and we did.
Hope hubby is feeling better. The rugby must have been a good tonic for you both. I was over the moon and really, really enjoyed the Six Nations. Absolutely brilliant result.
:tada::heart_eyes::tada:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn, annmore.

1 Like

Copied from Y Wenwhyseg (SE Wales) term of the day-
:grin:
Rwyfus = restless; fidgety; nervous

-Pwy syā€™n rwyfus y bora 'ma? = Who is nervous this morning?

2 Likes

If youā€™re a rugby fan and interested in cartoons, you might like this Facebook page by a freelance cartoonist: https://www.facebook.com/CartoonistMark/

Pontypool RFC have just set up a Welsh Speakers/Learners group that meets up before kick off, last week some of the players came along too- it was great. The Menter for Blaenau Gwent/Torfaen was there too with sheets of rugby vocabulary for us learners- the Welsh names of the positions and stuff like that, thereā€™s some info on the Twitter link here :slight_smile:

#PWLA

`

EVENT REMINDER:

Before our home game with Trebanos today, weā€™ll be hosting a Welsh-language meet-up.

All are welcome, no matter what level of Welsh you speak (including none at all!)

A few of our players, CEO @BenJeffreys and some friends from @TrebanosRugby will be there too! pic.twitter.com/Gsz9v7td9X

ā€” Pontypool RFC (@PontypoolRFC) October 12, 2019
`
3 Likes

@jane-dorrian do you know if this is going to be a regular thing before home games? Iā€™ll mention it in the weekly newsletter if it is.

2 Likes

Hi Deborah, I think it will be happening before each home game- Iā€™ll double check and confirm when I get a reply :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A little something thatā€™s just popped up in my facebook feed that may interest some of you -

Mae Avanti yn chwilio am deuloedd neu ffrindiau i fod yn rhan o gynulleidfa rhithiol ar gyfer y gyfres nesaf o ā€œJonathanā€ ar S4C !!! Os hoffech chi gymryd rhan yna cysylltwch deiniol@avantimedia.tv am sgwrs. Neges o Deiniol: ā€œDoes dim rhaid i chi ddweud dim byd ond dilyn cyfarwyddyd gen i a bydd recordio yn cymryd tua 10 munud dros zoom. Diolch yn fawr iawn i chi gyd. Disgwl mlaen i gael bach o sbort. Cofion Deiniol Wyn Reesā€ Ewch amdani!!!

translation -
Avanti (TV company) are looking for families or friends to be part of a virtual audience for the next series of ā€œJonathanā€ on S4C. If youā€™d like to take part, contact deiniol@avantimedia.tv for a chat. Message from Deiniol: ā€œThere is no need for you to say anything but follow directions I have and the recording will take about 10 minutes via zoom. Big thanks to you all. Looking forward to having a bit of fun. Regards Deiniol Wyn Reesā€. Go for it!

Hi all, as the United Rugby Championship is on S4C and BBC this year Iā€™m gonna make more of an effort to watch as much of it as possible (I used to watch loads but only recently realised I could get S4C through freesat/streaming). Is anyone else a regular follower of the regions at all?
Iā€™ve also decided to give the fantasy version of URC a go too. If anyoneā€™s interested - we can set up a SSIW league, let me know. Iā€™ve never used this site before, so I dunno how good it is, but its the only URC option I could find. Apologies if its rubbish! :smile:

1 Like

Just seen this included in the newsletter which i wasnā€™t expecting! Iā€™ve had check and although the season has started, its possible to do a ā€œlate starting leagueā€ if anyone wants to. Still plenty of time

1 Like

Hi all, Iā€™ll be doing fantasy rugby again this year. If anyone else fancies joining in, please let me know and Iā€™ll set up a league. Season starts on the 16th so ideally youā€™d have a team by then