Saith Seren, Wrecsam

Diolch. I used to live in Wrexham, decades ago, so know where Saith Seren is, and a few chippies. I don’t yet know what I’m doing the previous 48 hours - just working out the fixed points of my whistle-stop tour!

1 Like

@gruntius Hi, I’m really looking forward to meeting people on Monday night. I’ve treated myself to a room at the Wynnstay, so I can leave the car there, have a half or two, and walk back!

Brilliant, I hope you’re not disappointed … it is just a chat session. I’m working next monday till 6 but I’m usually still there by half 7 so I’ll definitely be there. Let me buy you at least one of those halves. Look forward to meeting you.

2 Likes

Thanks - just a chance to chat in Welsh will be brilliant! I’ll gratefully accept the half, and reciprocate, tho not sure what effect it’ll have on my Welsh!

2 Likes

Thanks to all for a brilliant evening chatting. I spent a couple of hours the next day chatting mainly in Welsh with my friend, and spent a while (and a fair bit) in Siop y Siswrn in Mold. Home again now - see you again some time.

3 Likes

This week, the 21st, would be a great time for everyone and anyone to be in y Saith Seren. There will be two short quizzes held at different levels as part of a ‘parti croeso’ for new learners in the classes around Wrecsam and I believe @beca-brown will be there too looking for people to take part in her ‘deg y dysgwyr’ series.

Please don’t be shy, come along and join in or just find me for a quiet chat in the corner if you like.

3 Likes

We’ll be having our Christmas party on Monday 9th December this year and all are welcome. Come down for 7pm with your best smile and we’ll go from there

It’ll be a great chance to make some new friends and catch up with familiar faces. We’ll be having a singer and song sheets for the perfect Welsh sing-a-long, some local dancers to show us some traditional Welsh moves and some other stuff that I can’t remember. :upside_down_face: Nia will be providing some food as usual.

This will be a perfect opportunity for new-comers, people who’ve been promising to turn up “some time” and for old hands who’ve not been for a while.

Please hold your hand up here so we know a rough number to cater for. Thank you.

FB has reminded me that my first evening in y Saith Seren to talk Welsh with other humans was 9 years ago last night. Hasn’t time flown. :grinning:

7 Likes