Saith Seren, Wrecsam

You can lead a horse to water …

1 Like

Aha. That explains it. She made no effort at all which really surprised me.

I thought i would pop in and if it was quiet have a quick chat to whoever was there.

Oh well. At least i ordered in welsh…

And obviously you were understood … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed… Would have been nice if she had said something even diolch

Perhaps a training idea… Aknowledge customers who speak welsh. Apologise for not speaking welsh.

Honestly i feel myself turning into a fervent nationalist!

2 Likes

Yes, agree with this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If @gruntius knows the management, maybe he could have a quiet word? I truly think the lady could learn, “Diolch” and she could apologise in English, “I’m so sorry, I’m only just learning Welsh and I don’t have the confidence to speak it.” Maybe, having said that, she might be encouraged to learn to say that, or at least part of it yn Gymraeg?
Everyone on here knows I am an unreconstructed Nationalist!
And I have never spoken Welsh well!

3 Likes

Lets not flame her. It was perhaps a one off. Just frustrating for me thats all.

3 Likes

Another great night in Wrecsam … nothing special but constant, interesting conversations covering all manner of subjects.

I love Monday nights.

2 Likes

It’s Monday again, who’s up for a nice, stress free, relaxing chat in a good pub?

Or, you can come to the Saith Seren in Wrecsam with me. :blush:

2 Likes

Wish i could at the moment but am worn out

I’m going to have to attend one of these Monday evenings soon. They sound rather good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tonight was yet another great night of really interesting conversations. To start off with there was a lady recording interviews for the BBC world service (in English) about stuff and things. I didn’t bother to be honest because I’m really shy as you all know. She then sat with us for a while and chatted in Welsh and was very complimentary about the level of Welsh we all spoke. There was quite a lot of chat about SSiW tonight, I think there is some interest in bootcamps on the rise. I’m really tired now as you can probably tell from the wording here so I’ll leave it there.

4 Likes

Have you (collectively) had any luck with that English-speaking barfemaleperson?
(luck as in persuading her to learn a bit of Welsh I mean).

I was there friday and ordered in welsh but she replied in english again

1 Like

We, as in the Monday night group, have discussed the situation, without naming names :wink:, but it hasn’t gone any further than that at the moment. I don’t want to make a special effort to discuss it with d’management but they show their faces fairly regularly and the question will be asked. All in good time.

3 Likes

Hoping to go tonight…but am very tired at the moment so having a big caffeine hit!

1 Like

Ooops.

Dw i wedi cyrraedd yn gynnar iawn.

I have arrived very early,

1 Like

I really enjoyed another night in y Saith Seren. I sat next to @petermescall who got involved in all the conversations like a pro. It’s always a pleasure to sit amongst friends and have a relaxed chat but even better when it’s in Welsh.

I can’t go next week and I’m already missing it. :blush:

2 Likes

He is being far too generous. But it was a great meeting.

2 Likes

Guess where i’ve been today… :wink:

3 Likes