Saving S4C

Sorry, Karla, I know I’m being thick, but do you mean facebook or the other one? Is facebook OK in Russia?

1 Like

It’s fine, you’re not being thick. I meant the other site, not Facebook… And I don’t live in Russia, so I wouldn’t know about that…ask @stella about that one. :smile:

Sorry, put that down to a senior moment!!!

1 Like

That’s ok! I suppose my name can be a little misleading - it has a bit of an East European ring to it! :smile:

1 Like

Oh dear, I’m hopeless. I signed in and got to the stage of putting in the wording and found my ‘paste’ didn’t work, probably because I clicked on ‘copy’ by mistake!! I’m going to ahve to try later!!

Hopefully, the petition is now set up at

I’m sorry UK residents will have to put County, Country in one box as the site doesn’t recognise Scotland, England or Northern Ireland!
I hope you won’t have to ‘join’, but I did!!
please @aran and @Deborah-SSi can this get publicised???

1 Like

Facebook’s OK in Russia:) i and all my friends use it, so if it’s necessary to spread something there you can count on me.
And Karla does have a Russian ring to it, we even have a tongue-twister about a Karla:)

1 Like

Here you go @henddraig

And here’s one more with Russian sound of the name - me :slight_smile:

I’ll spread the word on every social media I’m member of.

You did superb work @henddraig.

Da iawn ti!

4 Likes

Well done! I’ve posted on my Facebook feed already. Let’s show them how many people outside Wales care about our S4C!

2 Likes

Signed and posted on Facebook and Vk.com, a Russian social network

1 Like

In my Blog yng Nghymraeg, on twitter, FB, G+ … hope it’ll do the work and I’ve posted some comment on the petition itself for targeted to read.

1 Like

Um, especially to anyone familiar with the “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy” book / TV series… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only indirectly relevant, but a certain political party related to Wales tweeted a link to this in my direction:

However…

(My emphasis).
Oo-er…
Ond chwarae teg, mae o’n Cymro Cymraeg.

signed.

2 Likes

I’ve signed. Hope it the right people see it and do something!

2 Likes

Even though I’m living in Wales, I have also signed it as I know how valuable this service was to me when I was living in Kent. I have also shared it on my Facebook page and through my “Siarad” facebook page and twitter feeds. Lets hope it gains some momentum…

2 Likes

Thank you all!! I was hoping those of you with links to St. David’s Societies, Chapels, family in Patagonia or wherever… might pass the word!!! I see on the S4C site that they have created better access to programs from more countries already. I haven’t worked out how to e-mail them about the petition. I have e-mailed the Government in Cardiff Bay, but if they are busy chasing funds for BBC Wales… I’m wasting my time with them!! :angry:
to @aran I tried to e-mail the Welsh Language Society (I can say this in Cymraeg, but not spell it!). However, I didn’t think my Cymraeg up to the task…sorry!! Would you tell them about the petition? They are publicising efforts by celebrities, so may be a bit interested in grass roots too!!
If anyone can think of any other organisation with an interest… feel free to pass it on! How about Plaid Cymru?

Sorry - do you mean the email didn’t work for some reason, or that you changed your mind? You don’t have to email Cymdeithas in Welsh, they understand English fine…:wink:

It’s equally important to build a genuine English medium Welsh media. Without that there is a danger that our emerging polity will exist in a vacuum; invisible, unscrutinised. And that’s unhealthy. It makes stuff like the current controversy over the proposed Wales Bill almost without register amongst the people of Wales, and further, distracts us with irrelevant news of battles over the English NHS and education system.

2 Likes

To @aran
I mean I couldn’t find out how to e-mail them and then I thought it would be easier to ask you to do it than ask you to tell me how!!! I am not getting on well!! I have had to reset my password with the petition site twice because of forgetting how to spell simple things or making typos!! My little dog is sulking because I’m all the time on the laptop and now I really must go!!!.. Ddrwg gen i!!!
to @robbruce
Oh, I agree and I watch BBCWales every day as well as S4C, but it is S4C which is most relevant to SSiW surely??