September 2016 Bootcamp, 24 Sept - 1 October

Flying out today, taking the train in Saturday.

See you all there!

2 Likes

Exciting times - safe travelling! :slight_smile:

Happy journey and safe returning.

Now … the lucky team of bootcampers approaching Tresaith tomorrow. Oooo, yes, happy times in deed. Hmmm … I wonder if you’d be more lucky or at least as lucky as we were with the sunny days …

Enjoy as we did in the Summer bootcamp or even more.

Pob lwc! :slight_smile:

Hwyl!

2 Likes

Hi
Diloch yn fawr to my Bootcamp friends -:grinning:
Fab time - lots of fun and cake - oh more food - lots to see and do- Scenery is fun and loved it
As soon as I gave up trying to say the same sort of things in Welsh I would in English it was a huge relief

If anyone is thinking about it - Just do it
Hwyl
Sue

6 Likes

That’s one of the most important lessons anyone can take from Bootcamp… :slight_smile: :star2:

1 Like

Ah yes but the most important thing for me was to think - yep I can do it. Sure the vocab needs work but hey I have gaps to fill now not a sea of mud and no idea where to start

I also learned how to make juggling balls from balloons and can almost juggle two balls ! Lost the After eight mint competition which was fun, if a bit messy

So guys don’t be scared stiff everyone is in the same boat and just go with it. Some people will chat more which is great as you learn lots and things stick which is the big thing for me - even if it is odd words like - bugeilio cathod - anyone ?
Sue

4 Likes

The main point one should take into considderation. We’re all (who were at the bootcamps) still here in one piece, unharmed (hehe) :slight_smile: with huge amount of new knowledge and surely confident (or some of you at least more confident) to go out into the wilderness and speak.

@Iestyn’s, @anon86454181’s and all the other’s singing is still in my ears and thankfully I just can’t get rid of it what is pleasure in deed. When my day is tough I remember how much singing there was at the bootcamp and everything is way easier to cope with.

Thank you all who make bootcamps possible being bootcampers or organizers.

1 Like

Gwych! It was a pleasure to have you there Sue - you went from stabbing at words to having proper conversations remarkably quickly, and yes, bugeilio cathod will be my “phrase of the bootcamp”, even though actually, it’s more the story of my life…!

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr Sue, a pawb arall, a Iestyn a Cat, a plant Iestyn, a Ros

It was a good week, much fun and laughter. I’m hoping any flora/fauna themed noson lawen sketches might have made their way into the vaults of digital posterity somehow…

@kim - Steve yn y dafarn says hi. He seemed up for a bit of bootcamp sailing action next time around. Mind you, he made the suggestion after copious glasses of lemonade, so that could have been the sugar talking.

5 Likes

Would have posted this sooner but immediately after bootcamp “real” life hit like a tornado and did not let up for a solid four weeks.

First things first: Bootcamp was one the most exciting, exhilarating, terrifying, transformative, and fun experiences I’ve had in a while…and am already trying to figure out how to do another as soon as possible.

(I had to correct that last ‘as soon as possible’ because I was thinking ‘mor fuan/amyl a fosib’ while writing it)

Every time I try to describe how it was I end up saying “wow” over and over, so I’ll stick to what I noticed after Bootcamp:

1. I started a few conversations in Welsh with some very confused people at hotels in Manchester and the US before realizing I should be speaking in English.

2. It is much easier for me to parse the podlediad cymraeg that I listen to. I may still not recognize a lot of the spoken words…but I can find them more quickly in the geiriadur and I can hear what is actually being said more easily than before…if that makes sense.

3. I am much, MUCH, more confident when speaking with my ffrindDaith every week. I find myself wondering why I was so nervous before.

4. For more than a few days after Bootcamp I missed being surrounded by people speaking Welsh and missed only speaking Welsh. It was as if my brain wanted more stretching/growing…if that makes sense.

5. I miss Welsh cakes…the kind you can buy in a packet on the train…and Welsh scones…the kind they do NOT have in a US Starbucks.

There’s probably more but those are the key things I noticed (well, maybe not #5). Huge, HUGE thanks to Iestyn, Cat, the kids (I still remember the word for cable!) and my fellow Bootcampers for an absolutely amazing time.

(I hope its okay to post back here as I remember stuff I forgot to say about Bootcamp)

(FYI I do have pics and video from noson lawen…is there a place where I should upload them?)

8 Likes

Fantastic - delighted to hear you had such a good time (which means you must have really thrown yourself into it - huge congratulations!)… :star: :star2:

Me too, but not because they’d be so good but because I simply couldn’t find any anywhere, neither at Eisteddfod! I have to return for that part (like for many parts more … :slight_smile: )

It was fantastic meeting everyone at Bootcamp
I learned how to juggle -well ish - marvelled at Cyd’s photography skills, played on the beach
As soon as I forget about speaking Welsh at the same level as I speak English, if was much easier
I would happily go back again and we were very lucky to have such a lovely happy group. It was basically a holiday yn Cymraeg
Diolch yn fawr
Sue

2 Likes

Hi all - great comments and I’m really glad that you enjoyed yourselves.

Cyd, you are a legend in Llandysul - I’m constatnly being asked whether I’ve heard from you, and how you are getting on.

Oh yes, and Murray the Hump was definitely a Chicago man!

1 Like