Seren yr Wythnos | Star of the Week

That’s why I always start the post with seren’s forum username. I think it’s right for all to know under which nickname the seren is hidden. :slight_smile: (I hope you don’t mind I do this though. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I don’t know @wondersheep , so I don’t know the story behind his forum name, but I must admit that it always makes me picture a sheep wearing a red cape flying across the sky like Superman…sorry, Kev! :flushed: Although you certainly are an SSiW superhero from Aran’s description! So please take it as a compliment! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The question is, is Kev who he thinks he is?

According to The Beard, he isn’t…

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau enfawr to Spenny - @ianspencer Jeff - @lewie Ifan Baines - @Kinetic and Kev - @wondersheep , or SJIK as I like to call them… :wink:

It’s often very difficult to truly understand and appreciate the depth and breadth of what these guys have done over the years, so quietly, diligently and incredibly professionally behind the scenes to bring SSiW to a screen near you.

A personal thank you to the four of you for helping to build and maintain what we see as just the tip of the iceberg here.

Thank you also for bringing a plethora of mind boggling technical jargon to my living room on an almost daily basis. I appreciate greatly, what I more often than not, fail to understand. Aran tells me animatedly and with great enthusiasm, of the technical advances, the clever little fixes, the next layers, the tools, the buttons, the filters, the, whatsits, the thingymybobs and the whatchamacallits. In return I listen eagerly, and though I don’t always understand what the SSiBorg he’s talking about, the look on his face and the tone of his voice relays beautifully the excitement and satisfaction he feels and for that I am forever grateful.

Iechyd da to the four of you for being super techie people with big hearts and an interesting sense of humour. :blue_heart:

10 Likes

Oh nooo … !

Is this “beard fashion” nowdays?

Is this “beard fashion” nowdays?

No, it has always been the norm. :laughing:
(Must go and catch my bus to the Gogledd gwyllt. Are the natives friendly? Will I need my passport?

1 Like

Hurry, hurry then. Take everything for just in case! :smile:

1 Like

They will be by the time you arrive - I’ve prepped them… :wink:

1 Like

‘The Beard’ aka @gruntius:wink:

1 Like

It’s the other non-natives you need to be careful of. I’ve heard there’s a group of SSiWers intending to be there, mind your back.

2 Likes

So, getting back to Kev, who I first met as @wondersheep when he came along to a meetup in the Mochyn Du in Cardiff. It was right at the beginning of his learning Welsh journey, and it still brings a smile to my face to remember Kev launching a sentence with a couple of words and an optimistic look on his face, only to make a lengthy pause with a sort of choking sound, then shut his eyes and bang his head on the table. I sometimes think the only reason he kept coming was that Mrs Wondersheep had choir practice that night, so it was better than alternatives.

Fast forward a few weeks and he came along to a different conversation group - Clonc yn y Cwtsch - in Canton, and I watched as he had a 15-minute conversation with someone he hadn’t met before. There’s no stopping him now, I thought! Since then I’ve only caught up occasionally, but his Welsh has come on in leaps and bounds.

Having an IT background myself, I was also very impressed by Kev’s knowledge and obvious talent in that area. SSi is very lucky to have him to add his expert knowledge to a great development team.

Looking forward to seeing you and Cath again soon - hopefully tonight!!

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: SSiW[sold out]Party in Caernarfon - 29/04/17 (follow for info + activities)

Diolch o galon @tatjana

Thanks pawb. I think the summary is that my contribution is to talk lots, and from time to time try turning it on and off again. Which is fair :slight_smile:
(And more importantly to bring @Cath2 into the SSiW world)

Hi from the parti.

3 Likes

I’m afraid the name is quite uninteresting - at Uni a friend just decided that I needed a sheep-related name due to being Welsh. I only wear a cape on special occasions.

3 Likes

Works kind of warm to me (what i’ve said once in the past already) so (please) don’t change it. :slight_smile:

Hi to the parti!
:slight_smile:

At the risk of interrupting Kev’s justified praise yet again - if anyone is wondering why I made the thread private earlier this evening, the explanation is quite simple - I’m twp! :blush:
I had the opportunity of apologising in person to Kev this evening at the wonderful SSiW birthday party.
Now back to Kev please. :smile:

3 Likes

Great to meet you in person Wondersheep!

2 Likes