Sheffield Meet Up

Hopefully me too

1 Like

Hey guys!

Just so you all know for tomorrow, Iā€™ll be sat near-ish the fire and Iā€™ll have a little ddraig goch flag on the table so you all know where to go, see you there!

Rhodri

2 Likes

Hey Rhodri,

Really sorry canā€™t make it but I have a gig to go to in Leeds. Gutted to be missing the inaugural meeting but I really hope itā€™s a great success and there will be other meet-ups soon.

Pob lwc i chi a wela i chi i gyd cyn bo hir, gobeithio.

Peter

Sorry. Iā€™ll not be there eitherā€¦

Evening everyone!

Iā€™ve only just managed to get round to doing this but we had a great inaugural meeting last Tuesday.
We had a general talk about what we would all like to gain from these meetings, throwing ideas around about possible language games and childrenā€™s stories to read in Welsh.

These are just a few ideas but it would be great to hear what everybody else would like to do!

We also talked about when the next meeting would take place, and we agreed that some time after the new year hits us would be good, what do we all think to that?

Diolch o galon!

2 Likes

Great to hear you got off to such a superb start! :slight_smile: :star: :star2:

1 Like

Looking forward to the next meet up. Nice historic venue to. Thank you Rhodri.

2 Likes

Shwmae bawb,

Rwyā€™n falch o glywed fod y noson gyntaf yn llwyddiant mawr!

Glad to hear the first night was a success - wish I couldā€™ve made it.

Iā€™m certainly keen to attend future events.

In terms of activities, I suppose it depends to some extent on what level people are at, how confident they feel, etc. An obvious thing would be to talk about what weā€™ve done over the weekend or since the last meeting, hobbies, interests, etc. Maybe we could have simple discussions on news stories on Cymru Fyw, Golwg 360ā€¦or whatā€™s happening in Pobol y Cwm (again, possibly depends on where everyone is with their learning).

Whatever, the most important thing is to give everyone a good chance to express themselves in Welsh, maybe learn some new words and phrases, etc, and increase confidence.

Finally - and this is a bit cheeky so apologies if Iā€™m breaching any etiquette here - but I have a Welsh oral exam for a course Iā€™m doing in early januaryā€¦so if anyone is willing and able to chat to me in Welsh before then, thatā€™d be great! (Appreciate probably not feasible with Xmas commitments, etc, but thought Iā€™d askā€¦)

P

2 Likes

DWLC are organising a Welsh language walk at Middleton Top Engine House car on Sunday 31st December starts 10.30am
Croeso i ti ymuno a ni. Hwyl Jonathan
www.derbywelshlearnerscircle.blogspot.com

3 Likes

Hi Jonathan,

Diolch yn fawr iawn am eich cynnig caredig. Maeā€™n swnioā€™n hyfryd ond, yn anffodus, bydda i i ffwrdd ar y pryd.

Thank you for your kind offer. Sounds great but Iā€™ll be away (Xmas/family stuff) at that time.

Nadolig llawen i chi a mwynhewch y daith gerdded.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Some great ideas there, hope you can make it along to the next session!
Out of interest, where are you taking this course and exam?

Rhodri

1 Like

Mi fydd teithiau cerdded eraill yn y dyfodol, cadw golwg ar wefan DWLC ( www.derbywelshlearnerscircle.blogspot.com )

Shwmae Rhodri,

Blwyddyn newydd dda.

Cheers - any idea when the next one is?

The course Iā€™m doing is a distance-learning one with the University of Wales. The oral exam will be via the dreaded Skype!

Peter

Diolch Jonathan.

Shwmae pawb!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I came down with that Flu that was going around as well as being super busy, hope everyone else has managed to avoid getting ill too.

As for a date for the next meeting, how does Tuesday 30th January suit everyone?
Also, my Wednesday evening are now free, if anyone would fancy doing Wednesdays instead?

Hope everyoneā€™s had a great Xmas and a good start to the New Year!

Diolch,

Rhodri

1 Like

Helo Rhodri,

Blwyddyn newydd dda. Hope youā€™re feeling better now.

Tues 30th is looking good for me (assuming I can continue to avoid the dreaded lurgi).

As for future dates, slight pref for Tuesdays but can do Weds as well if thatā€™s what most people prefer.

Diolch
Peter

Thanks Ruth,
I went to the panad a sgwrs at Palas Print in Caernarfon yesterday. Maeā€™r pobl yn glen iawn. Mi wnes i mwynhau yn fawr iawn
Barbara

1 Like

Hey again everyone, just wanted to do a quick head count of whoā€™s coming tomorrow, if there arenā€™t enough people then I will postpone!

Diolch,
Rhodri

Hi Rhodri,

Well, the dreaded lurgi did catch up with me in the end! Iā€™m really hopeful Iā€™ll be well enough for the meet-up (if it goes ahead) but Iā€™ll be able to confirm tomorrow (Tues).

Diolch
PG

Shwmae pawb,

Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m going to have to cancel tonightā€™s meeting and postpone til further notice. Iā€™ll let you all know the next date ASAP, give us a shout as to what dates suit you all best!

Diolch,

Rhodri