Shout out for feedback videos!

Hi all! How do you fancy doing us a little favour? If you’re on Facebook and follow our page (and if you are and don’t, well why the heck not?!) - you may have noticed some fantastic videos by people like @Cetra, @MarcusWhitfield, @gruntius and new recruit Bishop Cherry Vann. Fortunately they were all very complimentary about the SaySomethingin method - phew, could’ve been awks! - and our audience on Facebook have really enjoyed them. As they’ve done so well, we’d really love to receive some more. Greedy, aren’t we. If you fancy it, all you have to do is film yourselves on your phone, in landscape, just telling us who you are, why you wanted to learn, how long you’ve been learning with us and what you like about the SSIW experience. You can be as creative or as to-the-point as you want - anything goes. As the videos are designed to appeal to those still toying with the idea of learning Welsh, they need to be mainly in English with a splash of Cymraeg in the middle to show off your skillzzz! So it doesn’t matter what level you are on as long as you’re enjoying SSiW!
You can send the videos to me directly here or to my email, which is beca_brown@yahoo.co.uk.
People have sent them over We Transfer, Youtube or just straight from their phone, it depends on the length really.
Somewhere between 1 and 3 minutes is great.
Aaaaand…go!

8 Likes

I’ve been thinking for a while about doing something like this so now, I will. x

1 Like

Fantastic, diolch!

These are well worth doing to get the word out. The 4 videos have had almost 250,000 views with the most being almost 80,000 on it’s own … so that’s at least 80,000 people with SSiW at the front of their minds. Astonishing. Let’s keep the momentum going.

3 Likes

Absolutely. People seem to be really enjoying them - the comments have been overwhelmingly positive and the viewing stats quite amazing. :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿:rainbow:

2 Likes

Oh. The emojis are not working! That was meant to be a Welsh flag, not a pirate one! Although @gruntius has the beard for it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

:astonished:
Oh, facebook had never showed these posts/videos to me so far even though I follow the page.
Maybe it thinks Italians are not interested? :thinking:
Or that at this point I must be such a good speaker that I don’t need to see SSiW posts any more? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If there’s not a strict deadline, when I’ve finished a task that’s melting my brain with several languages at the same time (t’mod @beca-brown :wink:) I can consider thinking about this thing…

1 Like

I don’t believe that one. I see them regularly but @gruntius was the first one to see, followed by @Cetra.

I had a thought of making a video too, but seing these magnificent statistics about the videos impact, I being destined to spoil everything I touch it might be best not to. My story is “the talk of the town” already and I really don’t know what more interesting I’d have to say. Unfortunately Slovenia isn’t of interest to those wanting to learn Welsh so not sure what good it would do especially as I in all I do have such (by my opinion) dull approach to the recordings. (Forget the rap, this is another story. It was much of fun to do but very hard work too).

Hi there! Yeah you’re just too good you see, that’s why we’re not throwing our ads at you!! :rofl:
I’m not sure if this campaign is live in Italy at the moment, but I’m pretty sure it will be.
It would be fantastic if you could do us a vid!

1 Like

I think you could make a great video! There will be people who haven’t heard your story and who would be interested. Have a think about it anyway.

Well, OK. How much time I still have to do it or am I too late already? :slight_smile:

Nope, not too late! This is an ongoing thing now.

I already have the idea but these days a bit insufficient time as I decided to explore my own country Slovenia with my husband so we’re going around and see things. :slight_smile:

I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

Dim problem. Enjoy!