Shropshire Walking Wednesday/Mercher Mynd

Sue and I have been practising our Welsh by having a chat in Welsh whilst wandering around Shropshire footpaths. If there’s a cafe at the end of the walk, we have been known to continue the chat over a cuppa and cake too! We thought there may well be other SSiW learners nearby who’d like to join us.

There’s now a channel on the Welsh speaking practice section of Slack where we’ll put our walk details. So if you fancy a bit of practice whilst keeping fit, take a look at what we’re up to on Slack.

Our first Walking Wednesday will start at the Craven Arms Discovery Centre on Wednesday 26th May 2pm - just a short walk to start things off.
Ann
@Ann Spandrzyk

2 Likes

Hi Ann
Just seen this…my wife and I are down near Tenbury and we would love to join you some time. Keep in touch…

2 Likes

Excellent- it will be great to chat with you both. I’ll be putting up another walk soon so keep watching!!!
Ann

@ann-spandrzyk - would you mind if we put this in our weekly newsletter? I’m tagging @Deborah-SSi so she’s also aware of it. That way any other SSiW-ers local to you will be able to get in touch with you via this thread. Happy walking!

That’s absolutely fine. The more people, the more practise which is brilliant!
Ann

2 Likes

thank you! we’ll do that. Hope your walks go from strength to strength :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So next walk is…
Wednesday 9th June we’ll meet for a walk and chat at 2:30pm at the entrance to Rectory Woods, Church Stretton. About an hour to an hour and a half walk, through Townbrook valley to the top of the Longmynd and back.
Rectory Woods entrance is directly opposite the main entrance of St Laurence’s Church. Plenty of parking outside the Co-op!
Hope to see someone to walk and talk with.
Ann

1 Like

See you tomorrow!

Next walk is The Black Pool Loop Trail in Mortimer forest, Ludlow on Wednesday 23rd June at 2 p.m.

[2:00 PM] How to get there: Off the B4361 Ludlow to Richard’s Castle road, 2 miles south-west of Ludlow. (Grid ref: SO497717) About 1.5 miles of walking and talking Welsh.
See you there, Ann.

Next walk is The Black Pool Loop Trail in Mortimer forest, Ludlow on Wednesday 23rd June at 2 p.m.

[2:00 PM] How to get there: Off the B4361 Ludlow to Richard’s Castle road, 2 miles south-west of Ludlow. (Grid ref: SO497717) About 1.5 miles of walking and talking Welsh.
See you there, Ann.

Am away in Anglesey this week…hopefully next time

Yr wythfa hwn, dan ni’n cyfarfod am mynd am Dro a Rectory Fields yn Church Stretton. Dydd Mercher 7th am 2 o’r gloch. Bydd y cerdded tua 1 1/2 awr I fynny y pen o’r Longmynd a’r Light Spout Waterfall.
This week’s walk, we’ll be meeting at Rectory Fields, Chirch Stretton Wednesday 7th July at 2o clock. The walk will be about 1 1/2 hrs up to the top of the Longmynd past light Spout.

1 Like

I’m in Far Forest. Not too far away!

1 Like

Sut mae….where are you from originally?

Dw I’n dod o Abertawe yn wreithiol. Ond dw I’m bwy yn Shropshire am amser hir.

May catch up with you one day then. :grin:

Gobeithio!

Dw’ in dod o Aberbargoed wreiddiol.
Dw i’n bwy Worcestershire, rwan.
Dw i’n bwy ger Bewdley.
Alla i ddim cerdded yn bell iawn. Mae fy mhengliniau’n wan iawn.
:joy::black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

1 Like

Dydd Mercher Mynd yr wythnos hwn, dechrau am Craven Arms, parcio ar ochre arall o’r abattoir. 2 o’r gloch am 1 awr cerdded ar hyd yr Avon
This week’s walking Wednesday starts in Craven Arms. Park and meet opposite abattoir at 2 for an hour’s walk along the river.
July 28th

Wela i chi yno yfory!