SSi Forum

Shropshire Walking Wednesday/Mercher Mynd

Sue and I have been practising our Welsh by having a chat in Welsh whilst wandering around Shropshire footpaths. If there’s a cafe at the end of the walk, we have been known to continue the chat over a cuppa and cake too! We thought there may well be other SSiW learners nearby who’d like to join us.

There’s now a channel on the Welsh speaking practice section of Slack where we’ll put our walk details. So if you fancy a bit of practice whilst keeping fit, take a look at what we’re up to on Slack.

Our first Walking Wednesday will start at the Craven Arms Discovery Centre on Wednesday 26th May 2pm - just a short walk to start things off.
Ann
@Ann Spandrzyk

Hi Ann
Just seen this…my wife and I are down near Tenbury and we would love to join you some time. Keep in touch…

Excellent- it will be great to chat with you both. I’ll be putting up another walk soon so keep watching!!!
Ann

@ann-spandrzyk - would you mind if we put this in our weekly newsletter? I’m tagging @Deborah-SSi so she’s also aware of it. That way any other SSiW-ers local to you will be able to get in touch with you via this thread. Happy walking!

That’s absolutely fine. The more people, the more practise which is brilliant!
Ann

thank you! we’ll do that. Hope your walks go from strength to strength :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So next walk is…
Wednesday 9th June we’ll meet for a walk and chat at 2:30pm at the entrance to Rectory Woods, Church Stretton. About an hour to an hour and a half walk, through Townbrook valley to the top of the Longmynd and back.
Rectory Woods entrance is directly opposite the main entrance of St Laurence’s Church. Plenty of parking outside the Co-op!
Hope to see someone to walk and talk with.
Ann

See you tomorrow!