Shwmaeathon 15/10/18 - who and when?

I was able to donate in actual cash (remember that) at Calon Tysul. I think we all got our money’s worth and, for a “Cardi,” mae hynny yn pwysig / that’s important. :wink:

3 Likes

Hmmm … I’ve just re-watched the parts when I joined in just before Clwb Clecs were about to sing their Shwmae song but I noticed that the hangout was actually stopped to be recorded just before all this should happen so - no I’m not sad my arrival was not recorded, it’s too much of me in the part 4 anyway - I’m sad that the recording stream of the event just stopped right before the Clwb would actually sing so the song was sadly not recorded. Probably the only singing in the 24 hrs event and was not recorded to be in the eternity of YouTube space and time … real pity.

Now, @Iestyn (and @HuwJones for that matter) thank you for such magnificent event and thank you thousand times @anon86454181 for dropping in with that crowd to shout out your Shwmae! The most brilliant moment (besides Clwb Clecs singing) in the time I was on - apart from speaking with all those magnificent people among who I had the privilege to meet some in person … and memories came back … :slight_smile:

Hwly!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just been warching the Shwmaeathon Part 1 on YouTube. Great to see you all speaking Welsh, especially the ones who were clearly less experienced and very nervous. It takes a lot of guts to expose yourselves like that and you deserve all the credit for daring to do so. And what a wonderful job by Iestyn. Perhaps I’ll try myself next year!

3 Likes

Is @Iestyn going to sleep until tomorrow? :smiley:

I’m sorry for not participating so much to the conversation (I’m really overwhelmed when there’s so much going on!), the camera problem and also for disappearing after we had to disconnect - but I’m glad at least I was able to join the event, even if for a short time!

Thanks a lot for organizing this, everybody in team Llandysul and Finland - that I’m sure were providing extra help when I joined the hangout and everybody else I didn’t get to meet! :wink:

4 Likes

Update, Iestyn, please, when you’ve woken up! How many S’mae’s? How many countries? How much publicity for the Welsh language? How much money raised? Highlights?

4 Likes

when you’ve woken up

He is due to be woken with a kiss about mid November. :smiley:
I think he and @anon86454181 both deserve a very very long lie in, but I suspect it ain’t gonna happen. :worried:
I look forward to the updates, too.

4 Likes

I have been watching the Shwmaeathon on YouTube too. Apart from anything else, I am totally impressed by the way that Iestyn drew some speech from the most tongue-tied among us. Cat was brilliant too, while Iestyn was on the phone to the radio programme. I am glad that I didn’t know at the time that everything was being recorded.
Sue

1 Like

You can go just to the MyDonate site and see how much money (online of course). If offline was more successful I’m only very glad! :slight_smile:

That’s the plan of YouTube when you put it on there too. :slight_smile: Yes for many it was a blessing that they didn’t know, I’m sure but don’t demand now the things to be taken off. Whoever participated was brilliant (I didn’t hear all but I KNOW IT WAS SO!) no matter how much or little of Welsh they produced! You all are the stars on the Welsh language sky. :slight_smile:

The link for donations is (one more time despite it was already provided by @Iestyn earlier) here: https://www.mydonate.bt.com/events/shwmaeathon and according to the site GBP 294.00 was raised online so far. Can we make 300 or more?

Can we make 300 or more

The cash donations at Calon Tysul take it beyond that. :smile:
(If you set up the My Donate site, @tatjana, Da IAWN ti. :+1: )

You mean to accept donations? No not da iawn mi because I didn’t do that, but I’m a member (donator) of MyDonate and I donated to Calon Tysul Llandysul in the past already. I wouldn’t have much success setting the donation site though and as I don’t reside in UK I am not sure I even can do that at all. My first donation through MyDonate was to Children in Need about 10 years ago … I was proud I could do that and I’m even more proud there are things like @Iestyn’s Shwmaethon Calon Tysul page to which I can contribute a little something every now and then.

1 Like

I was able to donate in actual cash
There you go, Huw, acting like you know someone in Llandysul :sweat_smile: It was good to actually see you.

1 Like

Apologies for dropping out of the Shwmaeathon at the last minute. Gutted :frowning: I had a last minute problem with the electricity supply back at the rented house in Lancashire, where family members are still using the house until redecoration works are completed in Llanrug. So, long story short, I became separated from the computing equipment I needed to join the hangout and was frantically busy hooking up temporary extensions to the circuits that still work, to save fridge/freezer food etc. Hopefully next year everything will be stable and reliable for another attempt.

1 Like

By the way, I had noticed the fundraising is active until 7 November (in case someone sees this thread later).

1 Like

The technology beat me too. Everything that @Iestyn suggested didn’t work for me, for the Hangout. Another time.

Oh, one another I hoped to see on the hangout. Ayayay, technology can be such a pain as much as it’s useful to deal with it.

Shwmae, bawb!

A quick thank you to all who made the shwmaeathon possible, and to all who made it fun! Also to everyone on this thread who put my nerves alittle bit at rest in the run up to the day with your suggestions, help and willingness to volunteer. Without you, I’m not sure I would have made it to the start line, never mind the finish!

I LOVE this community - you are all such stars, such heroes, and I know I can realy on you to make the outrageous possible. I guess, you’ve all learnt a language, so you’re used to doing the impossible. Thank you for sharing that confidence and can-do with me!

There is a fuller account and numbers etc here: Shwmaeathon 15/10/18 - Results!

I’m sure that I have forgotten to mention loads of people who should all be thanked personally. If you are one of them, please, please realise that I am deeply indebted to everyone who took part. You are all grade 1 SSiW heroes.

Dolch!

8 Likes