(SIMPLE ENOUGH) Question Number 3 (offerynnau cerdd) from Tatjana (Course 3/Level 2)

If someone has a wish you can play something … would be delighted to hear @gruntius playing his drums for example .)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Here’s an unreleased track I did with my ex - he’s on vocals and guitars (acoustic, electric and bass), and I’m on everything else (I think it was about 15 different individual instruments). Needless to say, we never performed it live!

5 Likes

WOW! I love this! You did superb work! The rhythm is good, recording also. Maybe it needs some more mixing to normalize all sounds to equal “amount” of “loudness” and that’s all. Thank you for sharing this, really!

Anyone else? :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

I really liked your track, Siaron. I haven’t played any instruments for years, so I won’t be posting anything musical. :smile:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Oh @tatjana, beth amdana ti? :slight_smile:

Slovene national song “Lipa” (Linden Tree)

If you go to YouTube beneath the video in the description there are lirycs also. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:slight_smile::slight_smile::star: Neis iawn!

Hyfryd Tatyana! :heart:

Diolch. :slight_smile:

Da iawn, Tatjana! That is such a pretty tune.

Diolch!

Yes. But unfortunately its lirycs are sad rather than happy. This is the song Slovenians used as a song of rebelion during the WW II when they didn’t ought to speak Slovene. There are many known situations when out of rebelion that people are not allowed to speak Slovene started to sing this song (in Slovene of course). Usually that happened during some events Germans or italians performed in order to turn people away from speaking their language. The answer was this song almost always.

If I’m correct this song isn’t actually national song but the author is known just that people count it as a national song because of its turbulent history I presume. The most famous recording of the song is that of “Slovenski oktet” choir.

5 Likes

Linden tree in our garden in snow just right now. …

5 Likes

I admit I had to look up what a Linden Tree was after hearing you play the song. And then once I found what it was, of course I had to look up what it is in Welsh!

3 Likes

Thank you.

I wasn’t aware of “lime”. Only word I know is Linden tree.

WOW! These questions we’re recording, and answers to them can be quite a lessons of all kinds!

Diolch yn fawr iawn!

2 Likes

And there’s more! I’ve just found this very interesting piece…

2 Likes

Yes, and the tea from the flowers is delicious and it drives cold away. Not needing to be said that it smells inviting in deed (if the flowers are dry naturally and correctly). Just a droplet of apple spirit in it makes it even better if you come indors from the cold and snowy weather. :slight_smile:

To linden tree in Slovenia say also that it’s national tree and its leaf is the trade mark of Tourism with which it represents itself many times.

1 Like

Here’s the touristic commercial with linden tree leaf in the logotype. In 90th when Yugoslavia slowly broke apart the linden tree leaf got its political meaning also so it’s not that widely used anymore as it once was.

I’d put sign CROESO there also. :slight_smile:

4 Likes