SIMPLE - question from Siaron [LLYFRAU] (Welsh speaker - 2nd Language)

5 Likes

5 Likes

(sorry about the super long answer, I got carried away… a bit… :sweat_smile:)

6 Likes

7 Likes

These a great tasks because it’s so much harder to speak to your phone. I’m sure I stumble just as much in real life but the nobs and understanding from the person your speaking too help you forget about them a lot sooner. My phone is a cold-heartless creature in comparison :laughing:

4 Likes

Argh! Argh! Argh! So many ums and ers. I hesitated to post, but I will because it will give me a starting point from which to improve.

5 Likes

I recorded an answer - so nerve-wracking! :cold_sweat: Performance anxiety! Sorry about the ums and the pauses, and I know there are errors, such as dw i’n mor instead of dw i mor, but, well, I’m putting it out here anyway. This is way outside my comfort zone so I’m patting myself on the back for being brave!

@AnthonyCusack I think it’s just as hard to speak to my computer whether I’m recording an answer or Skyping - I’d love to know how I’d do speaking face to face with someone, but there’s no one here. :frowning2: @margarethall I’m going to adopt your excellent attitude about considering this a starting point :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I recorded at least half of this with the microphone switched off, and I had to start again. Oh dear.

7 Likes

Excellent answers everyone! I can absolutely say to those that are worried about vocab or ‘flow’, don’t be - I had no problem understanding you whatsoever and you all came across sounding very natural.
And remember, very few people find their own recorded voice easy to listen back to, I can assure you!
Da iawn i chi i gyd - dal ati!

Keep 'em coming :slight_smile:

6 Likes

2 Likes